Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killers are so easily pissed off...

I've now been playing over 10 months as a mostly a solo survivor main on PS4. I found this game to be a huge challenge, but I love survival horror and wanted to get good. Since the new pip system was put in place, I get to green ranks pretty easily every season and purple once. I struggle in the higher ranks so I've tried to get help from others to get better at juking, using the flashlight effectively, implementing a major stealth build, etc. It's helped, but I get tunneled or camped more now than before especially in the higher ranks. I ask killers why so I can get feedback and aside from the killers who just think I'm salty and send rude responses, I've gotten some reasons such as flashing them to drop a survivor, pallet looping, sabotaging a hook (btw I only do this for the ritual), taking a lot of protection hits (I was trying to get 3 when I was seeing if I could activate MOM), being hardcore stealthy, etc. I've read on here how killers will get pissed at you for some of these things. Why do we even have flashlights in the game if using them is considered toxic by many killers? Why does the game have a saboteur perk and toolboxes with the ability to sabotage hooks if doing that is considered toxic? I wanted to give the new MOM a try and see if could get it to activate so I had to keep taking hits for survivors and it just pissed the killer off so he focused on me and I got camped. I never do anything purposefully to try and piss a killer off. That's not my mindset. I never teabag the killer. When I play the killer, that's the thing that agitates me or when survivors use to hold the game hostage at endgame, which I never did. I never understood that. Sorry for the long rant. Perhaps I need to rethink some of my tactics or as many of you might say, deal with it and move on to the next match. Thanks.

Comments

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853

well looks like these killer that you went against had a rough day xd, regardless killers shouldn't be pissed if you sabotage, pallet loop or be stealthy, if so then i can confirm that they are brain dead. but the more you pip, the more sweatier both sides become

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited August 2019

As a killer main who hates flashlights :P, I just say to you: Play on the way it makes fun for you.

Every game has aspects, that you will hate, but if you are lucky, you find something you like.

Don't let that taken from you, just because some guys are toxic.

In exchange, the killer mains that complain about you, will maybe enjoy some other game mechanic that others hate. The only "help" is to focus on your own personal fun. When others then have also fun, its perfect but if not, then not.

@Cassandra_Alexandra

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

Honestly the only time I camp is to secure atleast one kill in a losing game, or if I'm basement build on bubba. Otherwise I'm likely to tunnel if you have bright cosmetics because you're kind of asking for it. or if I cna confirm SWF and feel like making somebody angry, but thats only on my own bad days.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

The OP already stated that there were things that survivors did that agitate them and that they did none of the things that are rightfully considered toxic. (Using items, utilising perks and tactics don't count, unless either side is using one of their made up rules) They aren't stating its only killers, they were asking why they were being camped (intentionally apparently given the replies they received) when they were not being intentionally toxic.

It seems to be the knee jerk reaction for the other side to get defensive immediately when a post like this goes up. Most of us know the other side can be toxic, it doesn't mean someone can't have a complaint, and it doesn't really justify it for either side if the the opposite side does something similar.

At the end of the day they could simply be asking because in this case, they might receive more of it from the killers.

@Cassandra_Alexandra I can't honestly tell you why people get offended tbh, because I don't understand it. As long as a player doesn't grief, teabag, mori spam or any of the actual toxic traits, nobody really earns that kind of negative attention. It's just become far too acceptable to react harshly to imagined slights. I do have to point out however, that camping is still a legit strategy, no mater how annoying it might be. I personally don't myself since its a silly way to let people gen rush you, but some choose to do it.

• Cassandra_Alexandra
    Cassandra_Alexandra Member Posts: 254

Sorry. I didn't say "only" killers. For the purposes of this post, I'm talking about killers specifically. I understand that survivors can be easily pissed off as well.

• Cassandra_Alexandra

Thanks for the quick feedback. I never thought about the cosmetic thing.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    edited August 2019

That wasn't the OP. They were stating that killers seem "easily pissed off" not "killers are always pissed off"

And they were mainly talking about killers here not survivors

• Locker_Monster
    Locker_Monster Member Posts: 496

Sorry.

On these forums, it gets too easy to expect an 'Us vs Them' mentality.

• Cassandra_Alexandra

Thank you. I appreciate the thoughtful and insightful feedback.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

You n say killers get upset how about survivors that dc and give us salt after game ends.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

ME: *crouches once*

KILLER:

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Having played dbd for years now I can tell you one thing for sure: There are MANY killer mains who can't actually take the "stress" of playing killer and thus get easily triggered by things that are part of the average gameplay like pallet stuns or flashlight blinds.

Best thing is to ignore them and move on to the next game. Those people that get easily triggered luckily end up quitting the game at some point (probably thanks to strong SWF teams) eventually allowing you to have normal games with killers who don't take the game too seriously.

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323
    edited August 2019

yep, and survivors too. Nothing new.