Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Will No Mither + Iron Will make Jane quiet?

Options
Akuma
Akuma Member Posts: 407

What do you think. How many perks and how many restrictions does a Jane needs to be silent when injured?

Still havent the perk in her pocket, only iron will. I wanna hear how it is :D And dare you the killer plays stridor

Answers

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711
    edited August 2019
    Options

If you equip Iron Will, any Character won't emit grunts of pain, regardless of how loud they are without any Perk.

If the Killer runs Stridor, then you would need to run both Perks for Jane not to emit any grunts of pain.

Here is the DBD Wiki's article for Iron Will. You can find more information there.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Run my boi Ace, quieter and more handsome. But yeah, as @FichteHiro already stated, iron will reduces every grunt of pain.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited August 2019
    Options

Iron Will reduces cries of pain by 100%, so that alone will silence her.

However, killers using Stridor will increase cries of pain by 50%, a net result of -50%. Basically if you run Iron Will 3 and killer runs Stridor 3, you now have Iron Will 1.

HOWEVER AGAIN, No Mither reduces cries of pain by 50%, meaning if you run both Iron Will and No Mither you will completely override Stridor and be completely silent.

Fun fact, Stridor's effective is universal. That means if you run Iron Will and the killer runs Stridor, you will be able to hear yourself cry out in pain. This is how you can tell the killer has Stridor.

• Akuma
    Options

@FichteHiro @YaiPa @thesuicidefox

Yea iron will does reduce the volume by 100%

But if the character is by default louder than 100% then Iron will cant make you silent. Try no mither on ace and iron will on jane.

Ace is 100% silent with the 50% from no mither and jane even cries with iron will 3. did you never noticed that jane is suuuuper loud? It's so awful and..weird..she doesnt sound like having bad pain xD

You guys should test things more :D also be carefully with the game wiki. Some things are missing or just wrong

• thesuicidefox
    Options

No, 100% is 100%. It makes you completely silent. Jane is loud normally but when you use Iron Will she won't make noise.

Ace is not 100% silent when using No Mither. He is 50% silent, you can still hear him cry in pain.

It doesn't need testing, survivors are identical and therefore you will get identical results when using any perk.

• Akuma
    Options

But jane isnt 100% loud.

So it works

every survivor is 100% loud by default

iron will reduces the sound by 100%

for ex.: stridor increases the sound by 50%

means without iron will you are 150% loud

with iron will only 50% but not 0%

Jane isnt by default 100% loud, she's louder.

I played her with Iron Will 3 and she was still crying. And no it wasnt a secondary ability by the killer or a killer perk or sth. That's why Im asking if both perks can make her silent. iron will and No mither making survivor 150% quiter. So if jane isnt louder than 150% those perks should make her finally silent. her grunts of pain are pretty annoying xD

If you still wont trust, please just start the game, choose jane and iron will 3. You will still hear her, come back and tell me more :3

• thesuicidefox
    Options

This is a video of a friend that plays Jane. He has Iron Will 3. She makes NO SOUNDS.

So either you are hearing things, or the killer was using Stridor.

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711
    edited August 2019
    Options

No Character is louder than 100%. If you have Iron Will III, you won't emit grunts of pain, regardless of your character. 100% means all possible grunts won't be emitted.

When I play Jane, I always use Iron Will (Tier III) and she doesn't emit any grunts of pain. You can watch the video sent by @thesuicidefox yourself.

If you heard her grunting nonetheless, the killer was using Stridor.

I don't even know if the noise reductions by No Mither and Iron Will stack.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

IW and NM do stack, it's the only way to completely counter Stridor. I tried them a few times and actually got a Spirit with Stridor one game. I literally just followed her all game she had no idea I was there.