Killer perk idea: chest traps

Mike2550
Mike2550 Member Posts: 16

So noticing that on the main menu screen there are the icons to different tabs that are actually in game perk icons. The one I always notice is the store icon which is a briefcase with the entity claws coming out of it, which makes me really want a perk that makes fake chests. The idea is,

--Spawns 2/3/4 fake chests around the map. When completed by a survivor they cause them to scream, revealing their location and the entity claws come out to hold them in place for 10 seconds or until hit (numbers can change for balance.)—

I’d love some form of chest mechanic, as of right now it’s just a free item, with this it could make survivors second guess just rummaging through chests. It doesn’t replace current real chests, but it can work with the killers Cut coin/ Scratched coin chest add on.

I’d say it’s a little counter to plunderers instinct, shows the chests (sorta like windows shows vault spots even if it’s fake pallet). It would instead be countered by a map with the add on that lets you track killer belongings. Even small game can determine if it’s fake, any perk or map that specifically spots killer belongings would give it away. Calm spirit can also slightly counter as you won’t scream, only be held in place.

Chests are usually just considered a pretty safe thing to do, aside from the noise, but you get bloodpoints and an item from it. I can imagine the panic when you open up the fake chest and a burst of dark energy flows out, claws wrapping around your person as your pulled toward the chest against your will and the terrified scream. The entity toying with the survivors in the match to really show off its nature of playing death games.

Comments

• neogin27jere
    neogin27jere Member Posts: 20

good idéa ;)

• GeneralSpudmuffin
    GeneralSpudmuffin Member Posts: 311

Pretty neat idea! Though, it would be neater of they were forced to fight their way out of the grip, similar to on the hook. Maybe it can even hurt them if they fail!

Also, you could make the thing vulnerable to flashlights, or maybe perks like Deliverance.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I made a perk like this a while ago but it was a little different. Mine gave the Killer the ability to trap 1 chest and when a Survivor searched it it exploded and injured the Survivor while converting the item inside into a Killer add-on. The tiers would be the rarity of the add-on and not the amount of chests trapped so that you couldn't go around trapping all of them. I came up with this because of what you were saying, why can't we trap chests? Then I was like...this would be good for a Basement build :D

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

They have to hit 2 Great skill checks in a row to escape and if they miss 1 they have to hit another 2 skill checks.

• Psylent
    Psylent Member Posts: 38

I actually really like this perk idea! It's funny and terrifying while also perfectly balanced imo. It adds something new to the game which could spice things up!

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

Really interesting concept 😁

• Derp
    Derp Member Posts: 157

I like the idea except hold the survivor in place for 3 seconds instead of 10 since that'll definitely be enough time for the killer to reach the survivor when not chasing someone.

• Psylent
    Psylent Member Posts: 38
    edited September 2019

I wrote this on your other perk ideas post but imma put it here too since it's relevant.

False Discovery- Spawns 3 fake chests around the map. When touched by a survivor, the chest emits a scream causing the survivor to scream as well which alerts the killer. Then tendrils of darkness ensnare the survivor for (4-6/5-7/6-8) seconds or until hit. Survivors can mash A & D to struggle and free themselves sooner.

Just my ideas on the perk. I think its better to have it activate as soon as they open it, but I might be wrong. Also, 6 seconds should be long enough for a killer to travel about 24 meters before the survivor is released and can run away (Based on 4.6 m/s with some leniency to compensate for reaction time). Feel free to buff/nerf the duration based on that info. The struggling was just added so the survivor isn't just sitting there waiting to be hit. It makes the interaction more intense.