Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Why can't Freddy see his Dream Snares?

Options
anarchy753
anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Like direct line of sight, sure, but why can't I see auras of my traps? It seems like a really basic piece of functionality, yet other than having someone step on them I'm completely reliant on memory as to where they are.

Just had a game of Lery's and it was as much of a surprise to me as the survivors when there was a trap around the corner.

Answers

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    Options

I can see the snares, the red pools on the floor, maybe they could be brighter?

• LA2KMATT
    LA2KMATT Member Posts: 23
    Options

Unfortunately, there aren’t any snare auras, but it would be a nice quality of life change that could (hopefully) be implemented in future patches.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Not that you cannot see them at all, I mean they have no auras. Trapper and Hag can see their traps no matter where they are on the map, Freddy can't for some reason. It makes it very difficult to keep track of them on a killer that's meant to largely play around his traps.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    Options

Ohhh i see what you mean, is there any Freddy add ons? that can help? yes it would be nice to see the auras on the map, i have only used the snares once myself as i prefer the pallets *s

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

My guess is because that you will mostly be setting them on an "as needed" basis so you don't need to track them as much. You don't really set snares ahead of time except a few key spots maybe. For the most part I found you are setting snares during a chase to break the loop.

That said, I would like to be able to see snare auras just because it makes sense to see them, and you can see dream pallet auras.