Adept Killer Achievements Are Difficult

It’s been a week and I can’t seem to get a double pip with plague. Why was the requirement for the achievement changed for killer, but not for survivor? Adept survivors are so easy! You don’t have to worry about a double pip. You just gen rush and escape. Double pipping without ruin and only 3 perks is nearly impossible especially since I don’t really play against potatoes anymore. I literally try my hardest to keep everybody in check and even when it feels like it was a double pip, it’s not. So frustrating! Pls change it back!

Best Answer

Answers

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

I still don't know why exactly they changed that (other than it matching the text)

• starpilotsix
    starpilotsix Member Posts: 203

It doesn't even, REALLY, match the text, when you look at it.

Achievement text: "Achieve a merciless victory with (killer)"

Double-pipping: Merciless Killer, not merciless victory.

What a 'merciless victory' is has never been defined anywhere as far as I'm aware, which means it's open to interpretation. So, sure, it COULD be a victory where you get Merciless Killer, but it doesn't have to be. They could just as easily define it so that it's "a 4k." It's a minor distinction, but if the only reason for the change is the achievement text, then it's not justification enough.

And making it require a double pip is a silly requirement and should be reverted. Survivors can get the achievement just because a killer is AFKing or memeing (I've got adept survivor achievements more than once just for that).

• Lametart
    Lametart Member Posts: 118

Maybe they did the pip thing to counter campers?

Maybe? But I agree its really hard to get adept killer.

They should make it so survivors need to pip too. Or remove the pip requirement.

• rayoxium
    rayoxium Member Posts: 112

Before the piping was changed, I remember getting an adept because all survivors disconnected. They use to be too easy, but now it’s too hard, especially with killers that have not so good base perks. I usually wait til rank reset just so the piping requirements aren’t so tough, but trying to double pip as Leatherface against good survivors is awful.

Maybe just one pip with the base three perks, that seems fair