What's the relationship between the Entity and Mind Flayer from Stranger Things?

Options
Akibahara
Akibahara Member Posts: 78

Alright,

So the Demogorgon, Nancy and Steve are the next new characters on Dead by Daylight. However, if memory serves correct, the Demogorgon is in the Upside Down which is under the control of the Mind Flayer - a malevolent entity similar to, well, the Entity from Dead by Daylight. Lore-wise, why would the Mind Flayer let another foreign deity snap up one of it's creatures?

Comments

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options

I hope they have a romantic relationship .....

• Lennshy
    Lennshy Member Posts: 16
    Options

Have you considered the possibility of both realms being all the same? Those kids in Stranger Things might call it "Upside Down", it may have many names in different time periods/universes. We don't know how wide the realm of the Entity spreads, so it might be possible.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143
    Options

Actually i believe that to be impossible both serve different points the U/D seems more like a breeding ground to me and the realms are a feeding ground, the U/D are filled with the same type of creatures and the realms have creatures of varying looks and sizes.

I believe it was a trade, what the entity gave up IDK, However it is just as likely the survivors pulled a Quentin and summoned it.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

I believe that they don't. These lovecraftian gods are usually for themselves, so I wouldn't be surprised if they either didn't know of each other's existence or just don't care. Heck, they could be hostile to each other, but it's not like anyone would know.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172
    Options

Mind flayer : NOTICE ME SENPAI!

Entity: ...

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

I imagine it snapped one up while it was in the real world.

• FluorescentLemon
    FluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257
    Options

There are probably enough Demogorgons for the Mind Flayer to lend out to other cosmic horrors every once in a while.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

Considering the hooks in hawkins have been taken over by the Demo's realm

I'd wager the Mind Flayer and it's creatures are stronger. I highly doubt Netflix would allow DBD to have the entity be stronger then their monsters in the lore

• Ahardie
    Ahardie Member Posts: 69
    Options

Well, we know for a fact that the Mind Flayer is petty. And the devs confirmed in the stream that the exit gate for Hawkins Lab is the Upside Down, so I wouldn't put it past the notion that the Flayer allowed the Entity to come in willingly. It's a win win when you think about it, the Mind Flayer gets rid of two of its big annoyances, and the entity gets a shiny new toy.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

The Entity is kinda a multi-dimentional being, while the Mindflayer seems relegated to the Upsidedown and needs hosts/portals to move to our world.

I'd say they aren't related, and probably the Entity is on another level of power.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

Yeah, with the recent bits of lore sprinkled in the stream today I think it's one of two options. Either the MF and the Entity have come to a mutual agreement basically and allowed these characters to be taken like @Ahardie said or the Entity actually decided to steal these characters because the MF and the Entity are ancient enemies and the Entity wanted to get one over.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,995
    Options

Heres a few ideas (I haven't watched stranger things but seeing it in DbD makes me want to watch it so excuse any lore imperfections on the ST side):

1. the gorgon was nipped whilst within the real world along with the survivors. The "upside down" in the entity's realm is not the real one, but one mimicked from the Demogorgons memories.
    2. Some sought of trade was made, the mind flayer gets rid of it's annoyances, the entity's side of the bargain, and in return the entity gets its first bestial killer. Win win situation, Entity gets new survivors to feed off, and a new monster to do it's bidding.
    3. The Entity has made it's own demogorgon based off the survivors memories and auric cells, which is why it's so willing to fold to the entity's will. Also might explain why, as the demogorgon, we don't see the upside down, just a glorified fast travel.
  • TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

I'd like to headcanon that the Entity and Mind Flayer are siblings.

Our Spider in the Sky just borrowed one of her brother's toys.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

The dlc's price