Someone Please Explain the Point of Comraderie to Me

Because as of now I'm really underwhelmed.

Like, even Left Behind has a purpose: it exists to make Escape easier as the last Survivor. It's useless now because the Hatch always spawns but it has a purpose; a reason to exist and for you to use it.

Comraderie increases the duration of struggle state when a Survivor is near in order to...? Do what?

If a Killer is camping you they aren't exactly going to leave because you're taking a little longer to die (definitely not if they know this perk exists), and those extra seconds aren't going to make it any safer to unhook you while the Killer is desperately trying to figure out your eye color. So it doesn't help you if you're getting camped.

If your teammates are super immersed or gen-focused and just leave you to die it's not like this perk will save you or help you. It only triggers if someone is nearby and it's effect only helps if someone is actively attempting to save you. So it doesn't help if you get left to die by your teammates.

As far as I can see this entire perk seems to exist only to help save your life if Nea misjudges how much time she has to get to you before you get Sacrificed.

Someone please correct me if I have this wrong.

Comments

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I see it similar.

• Guertena
    Guertena Member Posts: 392

It's a great save-life perk.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

You get to mildly irritate a camper.

Or, potentially, you get to make a camper happier as they get to camp you slightly longer.

That is all.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

I never said it was without potential; just that I'm really underwhelmed if I understand it right.

Personally, I've never died because someone reached me just a little too late and, to me at least, it seems silly to use 1 of 4 perk slots for a perk that will only help me in that specific scenario.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

More or less it's a perk for solo survivors to survive their teammates' mistakes. Meant to add that to the above post but forgot.

• NoShinyPony

Imagine a survivor is in their 2nd hook phase for 55 seconds already. Now another survivor comes close and triggers Camaraderie. What happens now? The remaining 5 seconds go at half speed?

Also: Think of the survivors who play solo. It should be clear to them that Camaraderie is active. A paused timer is clear to recognize.

In any case, I don't think Camaraderie is a good perk. I won't run it.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,079

The Perk would be helpful if it would depend on the Killer next to you. It would not be good, but when it requires a camping Killer to prog, it would be 14 extra seconds for the other 3 Survivors to do Gens.

But other than that, it only helps when you are going to be one- or two-hooked, but that should not happen in the first place.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

It's basically a great buff compliment to borrowed-time and allowing survivors to counter face-camping just a little bit more. Which is actually what people have wanted for a long time

I actually really like this perk because now you can actually save survivors that would have otherwise died before you could get to them with this perk.

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309

There is nothing to understand, this perk has its place in the trash with No One Left Behind and others.

It's useful, yes... if you can only use this perk.

I prefer to die if no one comes to unhook me or if they can not rather than use a slot for this perk, seriously.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    edited August 2019

@BlueFang I'm not sure how this helps counter face camping. It requires two survivors to pull off, that means one is not on gens and crouched nearby, which is a win for me if I'm face camping. Furthermore, it does nothing to get someone off the hook or protect them when they hit the ground. If there is a BT mixed in, I'm still getting one and tunneling the other. In short, this perk only wastes the time of a second survivor that could be hammering out a gen.

It would be better if it triggered when the killer is within 16m when you are on struggle face. Now we are costing the face camper time and making it worth while.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I feel like this perk should be 15 Seconds additional Struggling Phase. No Downsides.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

"...while the Killer is desperately trying to figure out your eye color"

That made me laugh. Good one. I will try to do that ;-)

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669

It’s not tricking anyone though when the killer sees the timer pause. They would know someone is there and will stay. MAYBE if the timer on the killers screen continued to run they could be tricked into leaving, but even then I’m sure most campers just wait for entity stab and then leave. But the timer not showing a pause would at least give a slight chance at it working.

I feel like the perk though shouldn’t be dependent on a survivor being within 16m. It should just be based off the killer being in range. That way if the killer is facecamping, potentially 3 survivors can have an additional 14 seconds on gens as opposed to 2 survivors max. That makes way more sense to me. Combining that, with not showing the pause on the killers screen, would make this perk much improved.

• NoShinyPony

@Thaznar That would lead us to a lot of new questions. How close is the killer allowed to stay to the hook? How many seconds is he allowed to stay after he hooked the surv? Is he allowed to come back to the hook after leaving?

Also, campers already lose their games if they don't get feeded by the survivors, but that's another topic.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Many times people have often misjudged how much time they had to unhook.

Either because The only person not on a gen was being chased, or by the time they got close killer was already coming back.

I could see this perk being slightly more useful than kindred...being that even in SWF camping is a thing and those extra seconds could become useful if backup is needed.

• NoShinyPony

The thing is, misjudging the remaining time for an unhook usually happens when solos play together, not so much with SWF. And when I'm too far away from the hook to make the save in time, I'm not wasting any time going there.

Solos don't know that their teammate is running Camaraderie. If they knew, they would go for the save, knowing they will make it with the additional 14 seconds. But since they don't know, they won't go to the hook.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited August 2019

@NoShinyPony

I disagree... it happens with SWF too, many times the unexpected happens and the person who said “I’ll get the unhook” is followed by a “NVM he/she saw me”...

It may not happen often but it does, and definitely too often in Solo lobbies. Fact is there are MANY perks that are like this... situational/maaaaybe useful/etc.

As far as solos not knowing there is an icon indicator that I believe let’s people know when in a certain radius (which IMO could be changed , seeing as this is the first iteration of the perk).

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

I love how we get 6 survivor perks and were bashing one of them. We got twice as many perks as normal. They cant all be good, meta perks. 1/6 being niche is fine...

• TheRockstarKnight

But it isn't out yet and it doesn't NEED to be released that way.

I'd rather say something about it and get people to start talking about it than say nothing and just accept having another extremely underwhelming niche perk.

There's plenty of time before the chapter goes live. If enough people say something maybe the devs will take a look at this perk and think about whether it really does what they want it to.

• Carpemortum
    edited August 2019

Right. And as they said on the stream if anyone actually watched it.

M cote said very blatantly and directly to the screen: "THESE NUMBERS AND EVERYTHING WE TALK ABOUT WILL CHANGE ONCE OR TWICE BEFORE PTB, AND PROBABLY AGAIN BEFORE LIVE, SO THIS INFORMATION WILL BE IRRELEVANT BY THE TIME YOU HEAR IT."

So it will likely change. But I still believe it's fine as is, it doesnt have to be op to be released and used.

• TheRockstarKnight

That's exactly why I want people to talk about it.

If the devs think it's great and fine it will probably stay the same. If they don't think so it will probably change.

• Carpemortum
    edited August 2019

You misunderstand. They will make the changes regardless of what the community says or doesnt. They're not looking for input rn. They are tweaking it as they see it will be good or bad. Once it hits ptb they may ask for input. And hell they may even lurk here and see something and use it. But every other post already complaining about the perks, when they're very likely goi g to change anyway, does nothing except flood the forums and start petty debates.

They give that disclaimer BECAUSE people on here argue so much before anything is released.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

Don't forget the megs who will run straight to the killer shack pallet and camp there for 500 years until the killer arrives and drops it immediately

• TheRockstarKnight

"They will make the changes regardless of what the community says or doesn't."

I'd prefer to think otherwise. The devs have shown countless times that they listen to community feedback. They don't always act on it right away, or even ever, but they do listen to us.

As for flooding the forums, I haven't seen an oversaturation of Camraderie posts. If the mods think there's a problem they'll do something. Until then I don't see why we can't try to discuss an upcoming perk a civil manner.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

It's an anti-camper perk his purpose ?

Imagine being at the very last second of the hook when the teammate come to save you. This waste 16s to the killer if your team are doing generators it's 16 additionnal seconds.

On a SwF this perk can be very powerful against hardcore camper.

• TheRockstarKnight

It only trigger if a fellow Survivor comes within 16 meters though.

Unless they're doing a generator very close by, the teammate would be better off just staying on a generator. Additionally, you would NEED SWF to use it in an efficient way and if you do manage too it only buys an extra 14 seconds.

I just don't see it really helping against a camper.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Camaraderie's pretty bad, but it's a small way to punish killers for camping I guess.

• TheRockstarKnight
    edited August 2019

That would make it into an incredibly strong perk. Combined with Kindred it would effectively hard counter camping.

And honestly, I wouldn't have any problems with that. The perk would be useless if the Killer doesn't camp or if Survivors force the Killer to stay in the area. It'd also have counterplay in that the Killer will notice you not dying so they're free to actually play Killer instead of waiting for you to die, so campers have no real reason to complain.

It'd have a purpose and it'd be effective.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
  • Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335

Make it so that it pauses the struggle timer if they killer is within 16m and it'll be amazing when you're against a camper.

• WolfPad06
    WolfPad06 Member Posts: 182

Only time I can see this being a net positive is when NOED is active and the survivors need a little bit more time to find the totem before attempting the rescue.

The time is not a lot though, so while it can certainly be useful in very niche situations I doubt it'll ever be worth bringing instead of another perk.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Kind of depends on how close you are to the hook and a lot of other things, doesn't it? One gen left, survivor is about to die on hook. One stays to finish the gen, one runs over to the hook to pause the timer, one goes to open the exit gate.

Never said it was a good perk, but it has its uses.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I think it would be better if it made it so the person with the perk is the one doing the rescue rather than the one on the Hook. That way you (as the person doing the rescue) can actually plan around the extra time rather than just being surprised by it after timing it out to not need it anyways.

• Awakey

Rant incoming.

I have no reason to care for your fun.

The new chapter is bringing in loads of new people. Campers don't care for your fun. They don't. Killers will camp to let off steam, or strategically. It's not something you should punish, however, I wouldn't be against a reward for leaving the hook.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

Did you not watch the stream? They explained its for giving the survivor more time to react, think, distract, and rescue.

• Awakey

You shouldn't care because you don't have a choice. I choose whether or not I leave the hook.

• NoShinyPony

If the killer camps so hard that an unhook is not possible, it's still more time-efficient for the survivors to repair the gen together.

The occasions where this perk would actually be useful are so, so rare that it just doesn't make sense to run this perk.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

I think it's more of a, as a Dev put it, surv runs up and the killer follows because the surv is not paying attention. They now have a chance to leave the area without wasting your hook time.

Personally I think it'd be better as an activatable that not only pauses the struggle but acts as a blocker for your fellow survs (you can't unhook me you farming pancake!)

• willcenx
    willcenx Member Posts: 176
    edited August 2019

There were a lot of those annoying moments I've encountered playing swf or even just solo queue when the killer camps this last survivor while having NOED active and you just can't save your teammate. I think that is when this perk comes to play. These few seconds really can save your or your teammate's ass. Even though I agree this is very situational, there are on the other hand many situational perks like this one, so let's just face it: they are here just to fill some popular channels' fun perk builds. Behavior either can't or don't want to shake meta, or just lacks imagination.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

I'm not arguing it's worth carrying lol, just saying it's not completely useless and with some kind of tweaks it could actually be pretty decent. I doubt they'll buff it though.

• ThGameIsHardButSoAmI
    ThGameIsHardButSoAmI Member Posts: 196

it has a purpouse but it's kinda underwhelming, it should have a second effect or something. Like 100% bonus bloodpoints for struggling (xd) or while the timer is paused the killer can't grab the unhooker, just hit them normaly (actually not a bad ideia)