The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Corrupt vs Ruin

On what Killers (and builds) would you rather run Corrupt over Ruin? Feel like Corrupt isn't as strong as Ruin so I don't run it. To me the perk ia useless once the time runs up while Ruin can potentially stay up for longer. Sometimes it doesn't even pop because survivors try to push through it or can't find it. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Corrupt Intervention is overrated, survivors can just spread out and do the other gens without any penalty.

But Ruin is a gamble, survivors can literally spawn on top of it at the start of the match, however, Ruin affects all gens + it has the potential to remain up the entire match ( even if that will happen very rarely ).

So I suggest to take Ruin, it can do something unlike CI.

• Aztreonam78
    Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,131

Corrupt is meh, but it shines on Hag, with it she has MUCH more time to set her traps and survivors can do with it nothing.

Ruin is too luck based: it can be destroyed in first 30 seconds, survivors can have a very minor amoint of skill checks, it can be useless. BUT also it can stall the game as (BAD WORD), making survivors feel helpless, bcs they found 4 totems but Ruin spawned too immersed.

I hate Ruin so much bcs of it and I never use it. But yes, it stronger.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited August 2019

Ruin any day, but pop is a good alternative. I dont see any killer where corrupt is better. Maybe the Trapper / Hag.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i take Pop goes The Weasel over both of them.

its a consistent perk that rewards for doing good and slows down the game.

i love it!

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

Corrupt might be better in these "Ruin down after 20 seconds" cases, but overall Ruin beats Corrupt. I also exp bad last 3 gens locations in the endgame using Corrupt. And don't run both, they have 2 min just searching for ruin then.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

Corrupt all the way

Corrupt is consistent it will always block 3 generators and last for 2 minutes. Considering that's the amount of time it takes for 3 generators to pop that's an incredible amount of time

Ruin is RNG at it's worst it will either last all game or be destroyed in 10 seconds. Corrupt will always do more for you then Ruin

• Just_Playing
    Just_Playing Member Posts: 156

Im not really playing Ruin because most of the time it gets destroyed under one min. Corrupt i play only on Trapper and Hag.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

PGTW>Corrupt Intervention>Ruin for me.

I dont run Ruin, if I can avoid it (aka I have PGTW), but on Killers like Hag or Trapper, Corrupt can help a lot.

I refuse to use Ruin, because I dont want to care for the Totem. I have enough to do to patrol Gens and chase Survivors, I dont want to stress myself out by also looking for a Totem (especially if one Survivor already found it).

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

Biggest disadvantage of Corrupt is that you have only 3 perks left when its time is over. Regarding Ruin you have at least the possibility to protect the totem and it can last even to the end of the match.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

If competent survivors know where it is

It's going down. Either way your left with 3 slots I prefer the consistency of Corrupt far more then Ruin

• MassiveToggaf
    MassiveToggaf Member Posts: 37
  • ahandfulofrain
    ahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528

I run Corrupt and Ruin both on my Trapper and woo BABY does it give you so much more time to set up traps, especially if you're on something like a Coldwind map and your not-blocked gens are on the pig tree/killer shack side.

• paint1210
    paint1210 Member Posts: 95

Just see what killer you play. Do you want survivor doing gen alone or in group?

Like trapper and hag,I prefer ruin as compare to corrupt, because both of the killer need the survivor focus on gen alone as they need time to set trap but don't want the trap trigger too early.

However like doctor and billy, corrupt is better because it will easily to find many survivor at 1 time