Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Great skillchecks - why does the meter regress?

Options
kamisen
kamisen Member Posts: 794

So whenever you do a co-op action and someone hits a great skillcheck, the progressions meters jumps forward and then back again. Is this because of latency? Do you lose any of the progress gained?

Answers

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

I've noticed this too, it's weird. It'll jump back down a little bit after hitting one.

• kamisen
    Options

Anyone got an answer for this?

• Regularguy2nd
    Regularguy2nd Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 5
    Options

i feel like it's very likely something related to latency because i've almost never had times where the bar regresses when hitting a great skillcheck

• kamisen
    Options

@Regularguy2nd it doesn’t happen when you hit a skillcheck but when someone else does.

• Regularguy2nd
    edited August 2019
    Options

that's what makes it seem like a latency issue even more, because it might be that you have very poor connection to either that person or they have very poor connection to the killer. i never really encounter this because i dodge lobbies with ping any higher than 150 or so

• kamisen
    Options

@Regularguy2nd My internet connection is top notch, so that’s not the problem ;) It’s very consistent as well, so I doubt it has to do with ping (in that sense). But it could very well be some kind of visual adjustment to account for the latency.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

I've noticed the exact same thing, and I do not believe it results from latency. From what it does result, I do not know.

• Regularguy2nd
    Options

yeah i already said that it's probably the other survivors connection is probably what's causing it not your's

• kamisen
    Options

@Regularguy2nd Are you responding to me?

Don’t take this the wrong way: why are you so sure you’ve got the answer here? Speculations are just speculations.

I’m interested in two things basically: (1) is it intended design, and (2) does it mess with the progress i.e. which progress meter is the dominant one?

• TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497
    Options