Yep, you guessed it - another Vigil rework idea

Sharmarko
Sharmarko Member Posts: 71
edited August 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

I created a thread over on reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/cvltkc/yes_this_is_another_vigil_reworkbuff_idea/

For those who don't want to leave the forums to see the image of my vigil rework, then here it is written out again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You look over your friends even in dire situations.

While an ally is within range of 8 meters for 35/30/25 seconds, gain a token up to 3/4/5 tokens.

If an ally suffering from a negative Status Effect enters a range of 8 meters and stays for 20/18/16 seconds - lose a token; Remove that survivor's negative Status Effect. This effect has a 30 second cooldown.

"I'm gonna be here when you wake up. You're gonna make it." - Quentin Smith

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the idea of the perk is this: current Vigil doesn't work on many status effects, since it's effect is to reduce debuff timers even though most debuffs don't have timers.

My idea was to implement a token system, in which one token = one debuff, regardless of timers. Gaining a token requires proximity, and using tokens requires proximity, so an element of teamwork is needed. This makes Vigil a very supportive perk, which is akin to Quentin's lore role.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Sharmarko
    Sharmarko Member Posts: 71

After getting feedback from reddit, I've decided that the perk should have the following line included:

"Does not affect curses or effects from killer abilities".

This means Vigil will be a perk to counter regular non-hex perks, and addons.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172

Idk I like the -8s on my DH and Lithe...