The Hag isn't as good as everyone makes her out to be.

Options
Numinous
Numinous Member Posts: 42
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

1. She is 110

2. She is slowed down while teleporting to traps

3. They can be disarmed from far away without a flashlight from far enough away and you can still make it to safety with the distance

4. Flashlights completely destroy them and remove her ability to teleport to them

5. If she traps a loop, she's too slow to catch you if you run to another one

6. She can't teleport while she is occupied with a survivor (during atk cooldowns or while carrying) so survivors can go around disarming all of them

7. Urban (not like anyone competent runs it, but still)

8. Object of Obsession completely ruins her element of surprise and map prescence

9. The only thing she's ok at is proxying from far away, but if you have a flashlight, that ability is completely nullified

Against a competent swf, you'd have better luck picking up a turd by its clean end.

Prove me wrong.

Edit: To everyone telling me people are only bad because I don't put the time into her, the same arguement can go for survivors. Since no one plays Hag, no one plays against her. If more people played Hag, you would probably start to see that she's not that good at all

Post edited by Numinous on

Comments

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

Hags probably the killer I have the best kill to escape ratio on. Not everyone brings a flashlight and would you crouch everywhere just because its a hag? If yes then we'll done you avoid the "what the ######### is that trap doing there?" question.

Hags the most balanced (and imo fun) killer in the game. Good to pick up and fun to learn

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

Hag is ok, but just A-Tier cause of Flashlights. Rusty Chains exists. She's as balanced as billy atm.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

She is the 4th best killer in my opinion. The fact that she gets destroyed by a SWF team with Object of Obsession doesn't matter that much when every killer not Nurse or Spirit gets destroyed by such team. And anyway, nobody is gonna use Object anymore, once the Undetectable status effect will be added.

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 535
    Options

I think every killer can be good, if the player has good skill with him. I have faced trappers that are just unbeatable even without OP perks.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    edited August 2019
    Options

1 Trapper is never unbeatable.

2 There aren't any OP perks.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

She has the same thing going as Clown: nobody plays her, so a lot of people overrate her. I have a lot of hours on Hag. She's very exploitable. Her whole gimmick is ruined when survivors knowingly and constantly step on her traps.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

She's also not as bad as everyone makes her out to be.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    Options
  • HuntressIsMyFavXD
    HuntressIsMyFavXD Member Posts: 132
    Options

I personally have to agree, many people say a Killer is "Trash" yet when people say this I say "Maybe you should practice, you may find that this killer is better then the community makes him/her out to be"

• kid187em
    kid187em Member Posts: 102
    Options

Everyone says Plague is trash but i constantly get 4k with the occasional 3k because of the hatch camper. Every killer can be good if you work at it and use the right perks/add ons.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options
    1. She’s 110...so what? Spirit is 110. Does that make her weak?
    2. If she traps a pallet and instantly teleports she will slap you in the face and you will be down.
    3. Not everybody brings in a flashlight nor will you encounter it every single game
    4. She can easily make an area dead with her traps and has one of the best map pressures in the game.
    5. Mint Rag/Rusty Shackles/MYC trio is one of the best builds in the game.

She isn’t weak. She is easily the #4 killer.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,029
    Options
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

A lot of people think if they're not good with a killer then that killer isn't good. It's difficult for them to step outside their own experiences.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

fun fact. All 110 or lower Killers are at worst B tier and the entirety of S tier is below 115%.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

In my opinion Huntress is the worst Viable Killer and she's only not better because she's Map dependent.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    Options

You just need a flashlight, OoO or swf and you render her traps quite useless. I bullied a lot of hag mains with flashlight and OoO. While playing solo. The only strong thing are some addons with MYC or basement camping.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

1. You obviously don't know how to play her 100% when your first problem with her is her slow MS.

2. Agreed that she should have full MS coming out of teleport.

3. Still gives me more info then trapper if you watch the Phantasms movement.

4. Bring Franklin's Demise.

5. That should not be an issue for a well set up hag.

6. A killer weakness that is a part of her.

7. Urban doesn't matter in a chase. (Unless a survivor knows how to counter a trap mind game. Very rare.)

8. OoO is a counter to hag and all trapping killers.

9. Like 4, bring Franklin's and be ready for it. Also try to hook the flashlight user.

10. Every killer suffers against SWF.

I hated hag for a long time until her buffs and a really well done guide by @SpaceCoconut . So see the other side or stay biased. Have a good day.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

I WORKED HARD ON THOSE! NOW GIVE ME YOUR KIDNEYS!

🤣🤣🤣

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    edited August 2019
    Options

Hag has the highest 4k and general kill ratios in the game (save XBox where she's second), higher than Nurse, Spirit, or Billy. The numbers do prove you wrong, while your notes and anecdotes just indicate you lack skill and/or perspective.

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 535
    Options

Classic saulty unnecessary comment. I didn't say the killer is unbeatable, I said players can be because they have so much skill.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

She’s easily the third best Killer. You obviously don’t want or know how to play her. She’s very hard to play, but once you get good with her, most Survivors will be terrified of you.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

@thekiller490490 Not every killer suffers harshly from SWF groups. Nurse and Spirit just don’t care regardless if you’re in a SWF group or not.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited August 2019
    Options

I'd like that to be the standard personally but solo survivors would need to close the gap between them and swf. Off topic i'm sorry

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

This post is by someone who hates hag and does not play her. like flashlights are probably the most overrated thing against her because who the hell goes around the map looking for traps at loops at most they provide slightly safer saves and even then just predict a path after the save and trap it. NO ONE looks for traps unless its by a hooked survivor or a popular loop and even then they sometimes mess up. everything else you mention can be dealt with by simply being good at hag. as for trap sabo teams they can be easily dealt with since they are more focused on your traps than gens to the point were they waste time looking for them, never i have lost against a team like this.

also haven't gotten less than 2 kills a game for 2 months of playing her at almost every day so unless i have faced noobs in rank 1 every time for 2 months im sure shes good.

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
    Options
    1. Huntress and Spirit 110 % and Nurse she is 95 % speed mean nothing.
    2. Well you go down to zero speed but you still can hit them.
    3. Only if you know there is a trap there and have a good mouse.
    4. It's counter play and when this happen one survivors don't play the game so you have 2 survivors do nothing.
    5. That's why you fake it or make the survivor run the wrong side of the loop.
    6. Like every other killer.
    7. The trap is still there so the next time you go there you will trigger the trap.
    8. Yes and no they may know where your trap are but still have to leave the area and when this happen just look 3.
    9. She is the only killer that can protect 2 hooks and chase the survivors at the same time and in order to do it you need a flashlight.
  • Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,431
    edited August 2019
    Options

Can’t say that I agree she’s definitely a high tier Killer just because she has some counterplay doesn’t make her bad. Her kit requires a lot of map knowledge and mind games with her traps. I find her to be the best killer for me to grind back into red ranks when the rank resets. I also get 4ks with Hag more than any other killer.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624
    Options

Hag is a good anjd very confident killer but people doesn't know how to play appropriately with her. Do you know Space Coconut? He's a great Hag main

• HuntressIsMyFavXD
    HuntressIsMyFavXD Member Posts: 132
    Options

I personally have to agree with that. I am a huntress main but when we get Autohaven I only get shots from vaults and drops and when I get them in the wide open

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

No one plays hag? You crazy?

She's everywhere.

Also, who cares if she's 110? She teleports.

Hag has the best map pressure out there, besides omega nurse who can also be anywhere at any point in time but doesn't require set up.

Best basement protector besides insidious bubba. And she doesn't even need to camp the hook.

Rusty shackles + the teleporting anywhere addons is on the top5 builds of the game.

Doesn't need add ons to be good.

She can draw on cement/wood/pavement using her fingers.

Top 3 mori, easily.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

No, you're just not as good with her as some people are.

Killers really have to start getting it into their heads that they aren't always going to be good with every killer.

Take demodaddy for example, people claim nurse takes a while to get good with but people were making posts about how bad demodaddy was an hour after release.

If you play 100 matches with trapper, nurse, clown, wraith of course you're not going to do well with the one match you play with hag. If you want to be good, main her for a while.

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

I think most people are quick to dismiss her because they aren’t sure of her high skill cap. Map pressure, Area of Control, Running Lanes: from unhook to loop, loop to loop, T/L Wall to loop, chokehold to Window, etc. Hook mind games (where you place an unlikely trap from a distance or sometimes near a hooked survivor), Chokehold hooks, Pallet mind games with the Hag Phantasm.. Just so much to really think about. She’s so good!!! Only counter? More than 1 sometimes even 2 flashlights. Flashlights can allow you to have to make adjustments on trap placement,but it isn’t detrimental. 3 or 4 flashlights will make the game extremely hard (I’d imagine, but I’ve never versed or even seen more than 2. MAYBE I’ve versed 3 ONCE, never as hag ), but when are you ever going to verse that? Good survivors aren’t going 4man flashlights lol.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081
    Options

A good hag can be as oppressive as a good nurse. I'm glad I rarely see hags because hag is definitely a top 3/4 killer.

• chieftaco
    chieftaco Member Posts: 230
    Options

hag is super strong only because of how people play against her. she can close distance and get slaps sometimes, but people waste so damn much time being scared of hag traps and trying to flashlight them & a lot of super safe garbage that people just die.

one of my favorite things to do in dbd is pop hag traps with my feet. hags usually place a lot around things that they're really trying to protect.. nothing better than running thru and popping all of them, inserting mass confusion and ecstatic joy.

if she stops to retrap, i can save while she's trapping. if she chases, someone else is free to save and now there's no traps for the savior or the saved to have to worry about.

not gonna put effort into proving you wrong, but there's a free tidbit on countering hag: have fun. works with every killer.. fun == the best counter. you don't need an item.

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302
    Options

I'm too lazy to learn to play her, but I can see why people say she is 4th or 5th strongest killer in the game.

She can put huge pressure on survivors if played right

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Sorry, but you're incredibly wrong. A good Hag can and will dumpster people until red ranks, and then, and only then, do survivors even stand a chance. I've put at least 200 hours just into Hag, and I've had to stop playing her until I hit rank 4 because it's just too easy. Despite all of the downsides you mentioned, she is still a very good killer, and I think that most people are ranking her properly.

• Corrupted
    Corrupted Member Posts: 157
    Options

As a Hag main, a great Hag is one of the scariest things in the game. Her 110% doesn't matter, Nurse, Spirit, Huntress don't move at 115% and they are considered some of the best killers.

If you run away from a strong pallet because I trapped it then good, it's perfect if you run away from a strong loop to a mindgameable one. She turns strong loops into questionable ones which is great. Flashlights are overrated against her, personally OoO is harder to deal with. Flashlights are only a problem if literally the whole team is running it. Object only helps the person in question, not the whole team.

Hag also has some of the best pressure and best juggle potential, with decent mind games. She's great. I'd say she is a solid #4.