Pallets

thomasnut
thomasnut Member Posts: 113

Can we do something about all these damn pallets. Every match i get they are placed every 5 feet, around every single corner, or survivors make it to every one in just the nick of time. No matter if i stop chasing and switch to another it's always the same story. It's sickning, absolutly sicking..

Comments

• lucvus
    lucvus Member Posts: 52
    Noticed that myself a few times
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Play nurse, you will laugh about pallets

• thomasnut

@Master said:

I would love to but i'm really bad with her. Just can't get her down. The other thing is they really need to address pallets in this game so more than just one or two killers are actually viable. Nurse. Billy or huntress.

The problem is it's either there is one around every corner every 10 feet apart or survivors make every single one after another after another. Always at the very last second. It is very frustrating when a killer is doing an excellent job, over coming obstancles, running around them, playing mind games, circling, etc. Then just as the deal is about to be closed after doing an excellent job, bam another pallet - as i said at the very last possible second.

Why are killers always getting screwed over. Do the dev's hate killers that much?

I see three maybe 4 possible solutions.

1. Reduce the amount of pallets
    2. Reduce the size of the loops
    3. Spread the damn things out much further apart
    4. Slow survivors down when they are wounded.. Don't need to run at full speed when wounded.

Actually just thought of another. balance the killer progression system so i don't have to get 2 damn kills every match to progresse.

whatever you do, fix it already

• Master

@thomasnut said:

@Master said:

I would love to but i'm really bad with her. Just can't get her down. The other thing is they really need to address pallets in this game so more than just one or two killers are actually viable. Nurse. Billy or huntress.

The problem is it's either there is one around every corner every 10 feet apart or survivors make every single one after another after another. Always at the very last second. It is very frustrating when a killer is doing an excellent job, over coming obstancles, running around them, playing mind games, circling, etc. Then just as the deal is about to be closed after doing an excellent job, bam another pallet - as i said at the very last possible second.

Why are killers always getting screwed over. Do the dev's hate killers that much?

4. Slow survivors down when they are wounded.. Don't need to run at full speed when wounded.

Actually just thought of another. balance the killer progression system so i don't have to get 2 damn kills every match to progresse.

I know, I play killer too....

But its definitely wrong to make the emblem system reward less kills. Killers should be strong and the fact that there are countless of games where you only get 1 survivor due to a genrush is just a joke

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Master said:

And good laugh about 23423532525235 deadzones on each map.

• Master

@RSB said:

@Master said:

And good laugh about 23423532525235 deadzones on each map.

It takes practice, but you will learn to avoid those.

• thomasnut

@Master said:

@thomasnut said:

@Master said:

But its definitely wrong to make the emblem system reward less kills. Killers should be strong and the fact that there are countless of games where you only get 1 survivor due to a genrush is just a joke

I don't agree with this.. If survivors do x amount of things during the course of the match and still die. they still progress forward.. Why isn't it the same on the killer side? If i hook enough people, do damage, get points in a chase, why then shouldn't progress in the same manner. Why should i have to depip? Why is it necessary to only progress forward by getting two kills? Balance, it's all about balance

• Master

@thomasnut said:

@Master said:

@thomasnut said:

@Master said:

I don't agree with this.. If survivors do x amount of things during the course of the match and still die. they still progress forward.. Why isn't it the same on the killer side? If i hook enough people, do damage, get points in a chase, why then shouldn't progress in the same manner. Why should i have to depip? Why is it necessary to only progress forward by getting two kills? Balance, it's all about balance

As a killer main it is my opinion that it is still too easy to pip for both sides. (as survivor its riduclously easy now btw)
    The ranking system completely fails to deliver balanced matches where both sides have fun.

As killer I always rank up too easy and when I reach the ranks where I start to derank/blackpip, these matches feel so horrible that I dont want to paly the game anymore. This is why I started deranking to avoid such matches.

The ranking system should deliver an environment where I enjoy palying killer instead of making me verse a bullying deathsquad.

But thats only my opinion and I know a lot of players need the pawing after the game that they did well and get a pip now. But if you look at other games, everyone is fine that they cant reach ranks above gold or sth like that and the fact that you would be able to reach grand master in other competitive games just by playing more than you do usually would be outraegeous. Yet this is the case in DBD where almost everyone can reach rank 1 if he really wants to

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

They have like cut the pallet amount in half, there is at most 8 pallets on any given map from what I've seen, killers get bloodlust from loops, and many have speed enhancements to help in chase. They removed pallet vacuum so they aren't really a safety net anymore.

• thomasnut

I can understand the argument for it being to easy to rank up. However it should be the exact same for both sides, not easier for one side.

Another thing that needs to be addressed is body blocking. I had a match where i was doing very well Then couldn't get another hook the rest of the match cause all they kept doing is every time i downed someone the other 3 were right at the hook.. I can't hit all 3 of them in time to get the player on the hook.

Again i'm so sick and tired of the game mechanics giving survivors unfair advantages and totally screwing over a killer doing a good job.

It's absurd.

• thomasnut

@akbays35 said:
    They have like cut the pallet amount in half, there is at most 8 pallets on any given map from what I've seen, killers get bloodlust from loops, and many have speed enhancements to help in chase. They removed pallet vacuum so they aren't really a safety net anymore.

not a safety net? only 8 pallets per map? what game are you playing.. this information is absolute bs. they have only been reduced on some maps and are still far too many on most. maybe you should come watch me play sometimes and see the 30 plus pallets on every map with 15 of them always within 5 feet of one another around every single corner.. your information is absolule nonsense.

• akbays35

@thomasnut said:

@akbays35 said:

not a safety net? only 8 pallets per map? what game are you playing.. this information is absolute bs. they have only been reduced on some maps and are still far too many on most. maybe you should come watch me play sometimes and see the 30 plus pallets on every map with 15 of them always within 5 feet of one another around every single corner.. your information is absolule nonsense.

1 per generator/gen spawn, 1in the shack, 1-3 per building (depending on size and other pallet spawns), about 15 tops, but in game no survivor team is going to use all 15 pallets no more than 8 would ever be used in chases.

Plus pallets are gimped against half of the killers (billy/leatherface break them faster, Nurse go around them, Clown can debuff you and make you slow enough to get a hit regardless of where you go, Doc can stun you to build madness or swap when you're shocked to get a quick hit, Huntress just tosses a hatchet at you). On that regard I think they should give the the other killers (trapper/hag/pig/wraith/myers/freddy) faster break times just in general for balance reasons.

I have never seen a pallet closer than 30m away from each other unless it's those wonkey pallet spawn on Coldwind Farm and Auto Wreckers where it's near the haystacks and another near the tractor/ car wreckage. Pale Rose and the Game have the least amount of pallets, they are strictly near structures or exit gates, the Game has some dumb ones off in the side of the map away from an objective. In Springwood, they only have 2-3 pallets spawn in the school and basement and about 3 (trashcan, cars, trees) outside of the building (it covers 1/3 of the map size). In Haddonfield, the pallet wont even spawn in the basement loop, sometimes they wont spawn near the playgrounds or garden if a gen is too close then you end up with these wide open areas with no pallets and no vaults. Even Crotus doesn't have a lot of pallet spawns in the map outside of gens and the main building. MacMillan and Azarovs still has a lot of pallets though depending, usually if the gens are farther in their spawn, it will generate more pallets, most of that is due to the massive rectangular size of those maps.

Survivors can't depend on pallets as much on this patch, survivor hitbox got bigger, pallet vacuum is gone, and pallet hitbox got reduced both from survivor location and if the killer is within the pallet zone. Look I know you're salty about pallets, but they have made substantial changes to the game just in the past couple patches for killers, most of what you may be dealing with is swf toxicity and bad luck or mind gaming against pallets.

• Doc
    Doc Member Posts: 94

My main issue is that there are still some double loops on the game and the original maps. Really annoying.

• KillingInstinct
    KillingInstinct Member Posts: 272
    Imo they should just reset Michaels Perks to what they were at the beginning. Play with your food and Save the best for last
  • thomasnut
    edited July 2018

@akbays35 said:

@thomasnut said:

@akbays35 said:

1 per generator/gen spawn, 1in the shack, 1-3 per building (depending on size and other pallet spawns), about 15 tops, but in game no survivor team is going to use all 15 pallets no more than 8 would ever be used in chases.

Plus pallets are gimped against half of the killers (billy/leatherface break them faster, Nurse go around them, Clown can debuff you and make you slow enough to get a hit regardless of where you go, Doc can stun you to build madness or swap when you're shocked to get a quick hit, Huntress just tosses a hatchet at you). On that regard I think they should give the the other killers (trapper/hag/pig/wraith/myers/freddy) faster break times just in general for balance reasons.

I have never seen a pallet closer than 30m away from each other unless it's those wonkey pallet spawn on Coldwind Farm and Auto Wreckers where it's near the haystacks and another near the tractor/ car wreckage. Pale Rose and the Game have the least amount of pallets, they are strictly near structures or exit gates, the Game has some dumb ones off in the side of the map away from an objective. In Springwood, they only have 2-3 pallets spawn in the school and basement and about 3 (trashcan, cars, trees) outside of the building (it covers 1/3 of the map size). In Haddonfield, the pallet wont even spawn in the basement loop, sometimes they wont spawn near the playgrounds or garden if a gen is too close then you end up with these wide open areas with no pallets and no vaults. Even Crotus doesn't have a lot of pallet spawns in the map outside of gens and the main building. MacMillan and Azarovs still has a lot of pallets though depending, usually if the gens are farther in their spawn, it will generate more pallets, most of that is due to the massive rectangular size of those maps.

Survivors can't depend on pallets as much on this patch, survivor hitbox got bigger, pallet vacuum is gone, and pallet hitbox got reduced both from survivor location and if the killer is within the pallet zone. Look I know you're salty about pallets, but they have made substantial changes to the game just in the past couple patches for killers, most of what you may be dealing with is swf toxicity and bad luck or mind gaming against pallets.

Again, wrong. But i did get a kick out of your reply. "there are only 8 pallets per map, except on this map, and this map, and this map, and." Lol. If you think there are only 8 pallets on any giving map then the rng must really like you. There are far more that 8 pallets on just about every map i play.. They are far closer than 30 meters apart and in fact the reverse is true. I get far more matches with too many pallets in close proximity than i ever do with very few. Some are around every corner. I know how to play mind games and counter them easy enough. I can easily make plenty of video's to show how many pallets are on maps and post em here when after i stream. I can easily show you pallets that get placed about every 10 feet apart. It's not all that difficult since it happens so often.

Post edited by thomasnut on
  • akbays35

@thomasnut said:

Again, wrong. But i did get a kick out of your reply. "there are only 8 pallets per map, except on this map, and this map, and this map, and." Lol. If you think there are only 8 pallets on any giving map then the rng must really like you. There are far more that 8 pallets on just about every map i play.. They are far closer than 30 meters apart and in fact the reverse is true. I get far more matches with too many pallets in close proximity than i ever do with very few. Some are around every corner. I know how to play mind games and counter them easy enough. I can easily make plenty of video's to show how many pallets are on maps and post em here when after i stream. I can easily show you pallets that get placed about every 10 feet apart. It's not all that difficult since it happens so often.

I played a couple killer matches to see, it may seem frustrating for pallets, but they are a consumed resource by the survivors. I played Wraith level 10 on Azarovs for a daily and got a 4k and had to bust about 10 pallets against 2 toxic megs and a kate with a flashlight. The trick is to go after dumb survivors first and camp them, pick apart their weakest link. When you're chasing, check and see if the survivors have Lithe/Sprint Burst/ Dead Hard or Balanced Landing to see when they are going to movement burst in a chase. Wait out their movement, see if they flip a pallet and kick a gen redirect focus on another survivor. Focus on keeping the 3 gens in the same area alive so they have to work on them or come nearby. Over time, they will burn up their pallet resources and will leave themselves vulnerable in chases. It was annoying those megs were 360in me in the face and dead harding me looping a couple pallet location and I knew she had ds from her obsession but I got her watched her bleed out banging on the cowbell. It's also about the mind game of dealing with survivors, you don't need to tunnel 1 good player, they will give you hell. Focus on the dumb ones first (missing skill checks, stick out with flashy cosmetics, doing troll stuff). Survivors are also vultures man, they see someone on a hook they will farm that person for bloodpoints and not care if you tunnel them, but they will waste that time not working on objectives.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

I would be willing as a killer to take a speed nerf if they got rid of the stupid circle jerk racing in a circle mini-game till i got you. If this is what it took to get rid of loops ill take it.

• MrsMaliciousX
    MrsMaliciousX Member Posts: 736

I play as a killer and I really don't see the problem with the pallets...I mean once you break them they are gone so thats the problem? Is the problem the fact that you don't want to break it? Don't want to use your blood lust? Then maybe you should play someone that will allow you to just get over the pallet (Nurse) They have already nerfed the pallets once..I mean..What more can they do? I get that they are a pain but besides the pallets flashlights are the only other go to that the survivors have to fight back..I get the killers job is to kill but they arent gonna let you without a fight..
    Had a match yesterday I was wraith and I got flashlighted 4 times..did it piss me off? Um you bet but they were stupid enough that once the gates were open they hung around so I ended up getting two kills.
    There is a way around everything lmfao..
    There is always going to be something that someone doesnt like about the game..But that doesnt mean that you have to leave the survivors without anything..again I know that the killers job is to kill..but seems like you've got to change your play style..Oh btw I just started to main killer..I used to play nothing but survivor..

• thomasnut

@MrsMaliciousX said:
    I play as a killer and I really don't see the problem with the pallets...I mean once you break them they are gone so thats the problem? Is the problem the fact that you don't want to break it? Don't want to use your blood lust? Then maybe you should play someone that will allow you to just get over the pallet (Nurse) They have already nerfed the pallets once..I mean..What more can they do? I get that they are a pain but besides the pallets flashlights are the only other go to that the survivors have to fight back..I get the killers job is to kill but they arent gonna let you without a fight..
    Had a match yesterday I was wraith and I got flashlighted 4 times..did it piss me off? Um you bet but they were stupid enough that once the gates were open they hung around so I ended up getting two kills.
    There is a way around everything lmfao..
    There is always going to be something that someone doesnt like about the game..But that doesnt mean that you have to leave the survivors without anything..again I know that the killers job is to kill..but seems like you've got to change your play style..Oh btw I just started to main killer..I used to play nothing but survivor..

The problem is us just what i said it is. The issue isn't with a single pallet. It's multiple ones. It's a two fold issue. It's either they are placed too close together around every corner or the survivors are able to make every single one just in the nick of time at the very last second every single time. You don't think i don't play mind games well or know when to just chase the survivor around 3 times and then break the pallet. Trust me i do and there is where the problem begins. You break the pallet and the survivor races to the next one cause they never spawn in random locations. Good or at least suvivors with a good memory know exacty where every one is.

They race to the very next pallet and yep sure enough the exact second the killer catches back up they are fast enough even when wounded to make the very next pallet, and the next, and the next, at the very last second. Every single time. So you realize what is about to happen and stop chasing and switch to another suvivor. Can you guess what happens? I'm sure you can. Ever have every single survivor in a match head straight to the pig rock wall on the corn field map?

There in lies the problem because you try to play fair and not camp or slug because survivors get very toxic about it after every match. However after reading ak's second answer and watching the community stream yesterday hearing the lead game developer say "we support camping as a viable tactic" He went on to say camping is a must with certain killers like leatherface. Guess what thomas is going to start doing.
    Not so much face camping but proximity camping surely. It still doesn't change the issue though. Why do survivors get to run at full speed when wounded? Let me hit someone with a hatchet or a big sledge hammer and lets see how fast they can still run.

Either reduce the number of pallets, fix the spawn locations so they are far more random, slow the survivors down when wounded, reduce the size of the loops or make a balanced progression system for both sides.

• RagDollps4
    RagDollps4 Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2018
    You could also recall if you read patch notes they have already adjusted how many and how far apart pallets spawn. If their around every corner my guess is the game map or spring field. It’s not hard to catch someone on a pallet time your hits. They also do slow survivors down when going over at an angle. The game should not be handed to you just because you want it. It’s meant to keep everyone on their toes and to have fun. You want to talk about things placed to close together try hooks their spawns are laughable has a killer I could down 4 people and none of them have a chance to wiggle out without iron grasp or agitation. Maybe that’s a ps4 thing but why not just enjoy the game it’s about the challenge. To be fair as well every map is random every damn time it’s why window placements change so do pallets. 
  • Mashtyx1
    Mashtyx1 Member Posts: 188
    Same could be said about hooks being hecking every where. Killer hooks someone on a hook and then downs someone else and there is another not even two feet away.  Granted I love this when I play killer but for heckin sake it's annoying as a survivor.
  • flamestandish
    flamestandish Member Posts: 130

People of the forums, stop complaining about pallets.
    Pallets are not a problem anymore, if you are experiencing issues regarding loops and pallet stuns then YOU are not doing all you can to prevent this.

Pallets where changed many patches ago and have been significantly reduced throughout all maps. (They used to be at every single corner, so consider yourself lucky!).

The game is procedurally generated and so are pallet locations, some maps will have more pallets in 1 area some will have next to none. You win some, you lose some. Some matches will be easier to kill all 4 within minutes, some may take 24minutes.

Try equipping Brutal Strength, Fire Up or Enduring. These are excellent perks to combat pallets if they are a problem for you. You don’t have to ‘just play nurse’ to sort your issue.

Instead of complaining about it, do something about it! Equip perks as above.

• HertZ_Bad
    HertZ_Bad Member Posts: 10

Pallets are not a problem anymore, if you are experiencing issues regarding loops and pallet stuns then YOU are not doing all you can to prevent this.

Pallets where changed many patches ago and have been significantly reduced throughout all maps. (They used to be at every single corner, so consider yourself lucky!).

The game is procedurally generated and so are pallet locations, some maps will have more pallets in 1 area some will have next to none. You win some, you lose some. Some matches will be easier to kill all 4 within minutes, some may take 24minutes.

Try equipping Brutal Strength, Fire Up or Enduring. These are excellent perks to combat pallets if they are a problem for you. You don’t have to ‘just play nurse’ to sort your issue.

What a joke. Brutal strength doesn't do much lulz. Your logic is bc certain aspects of the game are broken equip perk "A" to fix the problem. "Quit whinning lulz". You shouldn't have to run a perk to stop or mitigate something. That's like saying tired of DS? Run enduring lol. Does not solve the problem the perk is broken. In your post your basically telling killers "you just have to deal with the rng and whatever you get you get. If it's bad you'll likely to lose. But hey you might get a good RNG and could kill u Them in minutes." 

"But people {killers} of the forums stop complaining. The pallet problem does not exist anymore .you can. Stop complaining right?" 

• thomasnut

I know right.. I love it when they say, pallet problem actually doesn't exsist anymore or it's you, or try this and this and this. Like I haven't already done it. I get the fact that survivors don't want an even playing field. They like there little crutches and advantages.

There is a reason every single knowledgable survivor memorizes the maps, runs to the most exploitable loopable places with pallets in the game and runs straight to the very next pallet every single time.

Because they know they can make it to every single one at the very last second every time. I will say this again, it's very frustrating for a killer to have to over come everything during a chase after a surivor makes it to a pallet. They know all they need to do is run around exactly 3 times, drop the pallet while watching the killers stain. If he makes a mistake then they can run around 3 more times.. If not after the 3rd time they know they can make it to the very next pallet in just the nick of time.

Ever wonder what that is? Think it's fair to a killer that has to over come everything in a chase, running around obstacles, trying to anticapte, cut around corners to close gaps faster, other survivors bullying, to do a fantastic job thru all of it and just as he catches back up to take the final swing. Yup there it is, the magic pallet in just the nick of time.

I don't care what anyone has to say in opposition to this, it's bs and needs to be addressed. I have given 4 reasonable solutions to the problem. The biggest one being just balance the progression system so killers don't need to get x amount of kills each game or they lose progress. If survivors only need to repair gens, get rid of totems, rescue another survivor, get points in the chase, etc - can still get sacrificed and still progress or pip. The same should apply to the killer.

Honestly i'm so sick of doing a great job in matches, hanging 2 or more survivors in a match, kicking enough gens, chasing all the survivors around the map, and still depipping because i didn't get x number of kills.

So either balance the progression system making it equal for both sides or fix the infinite pallet/looping issue.

enough said..

• flamestandish

It is so boring that all killers complain about pallets.

I bet if the devs removed the pallets you'd all complain about something else.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

@flamestandish said:

Sad but true tbh

• thomasnut
    edited July 2018

@flamestandish said:

it's so boring that survivors complain about killer perks, bbq, hex ruin, over charge, nurses, we hate the doctor. I bet if devs removed all these you'd all complain about something else..

• flamestandish

@thomasnut said:

@flamestandish said:

it's so boring that survivors complain about killer perks, bbq, hex ruin, over charge, nurses, we hate the doctor. I bet if devs removed all these you'd all complain about something else..

I compiled a list xD

Jungle Gyms
    Vacuum Vault
    Window Cheesing
    Pallet Loop
    Self Care
    Sprint Burst
    Crouching Repeatedly
    Body Blocking
    Wiggling Free
    Darkest Moonlight
    BBQ
    Noed
    Whispers
    Ruin
    Doctor
    Nurse
    Billy
    LeatherFace
    Insta-saw
    Freddy........lol
    Huntress
    Oneshot hatchets
    Insta-hatchets
    Mori's
    Mori canceling
    Camping
    Tunneling
    Slugging
    DS Dribbling
    Hiding as a wraith
    Pig map.
    Pallet nerf
    Removed infinites
    Emblem system*
    Killers can hear them
    “My team mates are idiots!”
    Some more I thought of:
    Rage Quit
    Survivor DC during game
    Franklin’s Denise
    Nurses Calling
    Lobby Dodge
    Hatch standoff
    Sandbagging
    Saving in front of the killer
    Borrowed time
    .... anyone else care to add to the list?

• Master

@akbays35 said:

Are you even playing the game? Equip the new kate perk and you will see that there are pallets everywhere :wink:

• Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311

But there still should not be double pallets right next to each other, Torment Creek is one culprit for this and some of the Autohaven variations aswell. No matter what your stance is on whether or not pallets are op/up there should still never be 2 pallets next to each other when the devs dedicated a patch to remove those situations.

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

I remember when Shelter Woods had little to no pallets, encouraging you not get found.

Now it's Pallet Woods. There's a pallet every turn you take and it is horrible. It's just as bad as the old Blood Lodge.

• akbays35

@Master said:

Are you even playing the game? Equip the new kate perk and you will see that there are pallets everywhere :wink:

played that perk so much, the only good thing about it is the item glitch that shows you where dropped items are near pallets and windows are.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@HertZ_Bad said:
    flamestandish said:

What a joke. Brutal strength doesn't do much lulz. Your logic is bc certain aspects of the game are broken equip perk "A" to fix the problem. "Quit whinning lulz". You shouldn't have to run a perk to stop or mitigate something. That's like saying tired of DS? Run enduring lol. Does not solve the problem the perk is broken. In your post your basically telling killers "you just have to deal with the rng and whatever you get you get. If it's bad you'll likely to lose. But hey you might get a good RNG and could kill u Them in minutes." 

"But people {killers} of the forums stop complaining. The pallet problem does not exist anymore .you can. Stop complaining right?" 

I tried not using BS for pallets and was ok with it. Since then i stopped using it on DOC. The small change in speed of breaking pallets was not worth it to me so i equip others. At least on doc i did not need it. I do have it on the trapper though. Not on LF but do have it on Myers. BS helps on some and on others its not necessary to me.