The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So... bullying Spirit mains is a thing now?

1235»

Comments

• Corrupted
    Corrupted Member Posts: 157

Actually you can hear Spirit's footsteps if she's close. It sounds like a bear walking and the music cuts off if she phases and you're outside of the terror radius.

• Corrupted

Iron will is very much needed against a good spirit. If you play against my spirit without IW, I will drop you like a fly my boi.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

There is no risk in missing a phase attack. None. They get to a jungle gym...so what? You’re still faster than the survivor and your power doesn’t take too long to charge especially if you are using add-ons or didn’t use it all in the initial phase.

Spirit is low risk/high reward. All you have to do is have the basic tracking down and have good headphones. Boom. You’re good at Spirit. Not that hard.

• MegMain98

@Dr_Psycho Spirit is annoying as hell to face. Red ranks on PS4 are FULL of Spirit and Ghostface. One killer is a coin flip whether you go down or not. Annoying as hell. One killer is broken to the point where you can’t even snap him out of his power when directly looking at him.

Do yourself a favor and stay out of red ranks my friend. It’s nothing but annoyance and sweat.

• Ghost077
    Ghost077 Member Posts: 713

Good maneuvering. Do you see a loopable in these videos? I watch his streams and rarely see the survivors able to oppose something his Billy.

>Her counterplay is more related to which perks you brought, which makes it a little more rough

Like Calm Spirit against the Doctor. And Urban Evasion against the Hag.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    edited August 2019

I watched his streams and he even doesn't play Billy too often.

I saw that video, survivors even didn't try to juke his chainsaw. Zubatlel already said that against good survivors, Billy is just a M1 loopable killer and Spirit and even Hag are better than him. So if Zubatlel is your only argument for why Billy is better, then you clealry won't win this discussion.

• BigDickCheney
    BigDickCheney Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2019

Op, embrace the hate and enjoy the salt. Play whoever you want as and however you want. If ppl are d/c'n and crying in end game than that is a W. Dont let some babyback butthurt jabroni's dictate how u play. ######### em.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

I specifically said jungle gym because windows are her hard counter.

If you played Spirit, you'd understand why I say these things, but obviously not so I'm just not going to waste my time on someone who won't open their mind.

• MegMain98
    edited August 2019

Girl please...you must have short term memory because my profile picture was Spirit for the longest time. I AM a Spirit main (or used to be). I have mainly played her ever since she was released a year ago. I know everything there is to know about her. I don’t have to open my mind to anything I already know.

What are the downsides to using her power? None. Most of the time you’re still on the survivors tail and you get a hit regardless.

Nurse? Misses a blink and gets fatigue.

Billy and Leatherface have a cooldown when bumping into ideas.

Legion has fatigue.

Plague has a cooldown.

Spirit? Gets out of phase and still manages to hit a survivor with her 10 yard lunge. I have so many clips on lunges that are way longer than they should’ve been. Equip the Katana Tsuba and Wakizashi Saya and your skill on tracking is irrelevant because you’ll get a hit everytime with the lunge.

Windows aren’t a hard counter. Tf? She doesn’t even have a vaulting animation and you can phase around jungle gyms and catch survivors off guard. Simply moonwalking as any killer will mindgame a survivor. It’s not hard. Jungle gyms aren’t hard to play around especially as a Spirit.

I stopped playing her because I don’t wanna torture people by playing Spirit. She’s boring to face. She’s annoying to go against especially since red ranks are FULL of Spirit and Nurse.

• Corrupted

I agree with most of this, I play a ton of Spirit as well and she doesn't have many weaknesses. Vaults are a decent option if you quickly vault then stealth back through it (unless you're hurt.) Your best bet is to run iron will and walk. That new Nancy perk will also help vs spirit.

• MegMain98

I’ve dropped Self Care for Iron Will. It is so much better. It honestly should be more meta than it currently is. It isn’t only a counter to Spirit but it can throw off any killers tracking.

Don’t get me wrong...I like Spirit’s aesthetic and her lore but she is hell to go against. She’s not an interactive killer, she’s a bore to face. Red ranks are full of them too. I went against like 20 yesterday when I played.

• Corrupted

Self care in general is eh at red ranks, waste of a slot tbh especially if you SWF. Yeah, IW is good in general especially vs Spirit and Nurse. Stealth is probably the best option vs them.

Yeah, tons of spirits in red rank but I don't blame them tbh. It's boring but that's how every game is at the top tier. She just requires good headphones and to train your listening a bit. I main Hag at red ranks though and I play on PS4. What platform you on?

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Spirit has been elevated to the level of Nurse in the eyes of some survivors. Thus, Spirit players are treated like Nurse players.

Welcome to the salt mines, friend.

• MegMain98

Ayyyee...fellow PS4 player. Yep, I’m a console pleb.

I’m terrible at Nurse, I feel bad playing Spirit, and my frames drop A LOT while playing Hag. I’ve been playing survivor more often as of late so I’m not really focusing on killer. I usually transition between Hag, Spirit, and Plague. I’m at Rank 4 killer though so I can’t really play Plague against good survivors, I’ll get stomped.

When I get in the mood to play killer I’ll most likely be playing Hag and hope my frames don’t drop. She is highly underrated honestly.

• Corrupted

What's your PSN? I'll add you. I see though, I'm horrible at Nurse but I don't take the time to play or get to learn her, she doesn't interest me.. And yeah, playing Spirit against solo que players makes me feel horrible. Hag is disgustingly underrated, s'why I main her. If you get good with trap placements she can be a very scary killer. I'm Corrupted-P1 on PSN btw.

• DukeJukem
    DukeJukem Member Posts: 114

here's the thing about spirit. unless you're running dance with me or poised you basically have no chance of escaping a good spirit in a chase. when being chased by a good spirits pallets are simply a maybe and not guaranteed protection. killer mains just say look at the grass......which is a joke. with the right addons and a good pair of headphones her chase potential for downing survivors and map presence is just as good if not better than a good nurse. she has an addon that makes her not emit sound for easy gen grabs or good surprise attack potential. her lunge addons tops a tier 3 myers. she can't be blinded when vaulting windows. she projects fake images of herself when looping her which can throw you off but thats not an issue for me but it has to be mentioned. she can also fake phase while in a pallet loop and you've no idea if shes moving or not. you either get lucky by walking away or you're taking a hit if the spirit is good. if your'e not running ironwill and take a hit then good luck escaping her. a good spirit is the hardest to counter aside from a nurse.

• go1gotha
    go1gotha Member Posts: 108

Not surprising. The killer has a small counter-game, and that very small part depends on chance. And she does not even need to learn how to play, just buy headphones and know the basics of the game.

Of course, the survivors do not like it, the Spirit is like a nurse with three blinks and an addon at a range, you are invincible. Another mistake of game design in this game.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

If you enjoy it, people are gonna bully you over it.

Such is life.

• Marcus

He found them, otherwise he wouldn't claim Billy is overrated 😁.

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549

I main spirit and I face way more toxicity then if I play hag or other killers. I once said GG at the end of a 3k game (last got the hatch) and they said "no, spirits don't get a GG. That's the law"

Like what's the big deal?

I do think that prayer beads need to be changed to ultra rare, but I don't even use them. Green add-ons are my favourite.

• willcenx
    willcenx Member Posts: 176

The Spirit definitely has a counter. It's just restricted unlike other killers' counters. If you made it to a point where you can't do anything but guess where she's coming from, you played it wrong. You've chosen the wrong direction to run and got screwed. Even in this case you have a chance to escape because of, you know, 'flipping a coin'. But some people insistently consider it's because The Spirit doesn't have a counter. I'd highly recommend this kind of people try to play a bit tactically rather than 'loop-loop-loop'. And in addition: take IW and walk off when she phases. Second strongest killer in the game, you said?

• Ghost077
    Ghost077 Member Posts: 713

Only for some reason it is extremely rare to see this on his streams.

• Marcus