How do you think the survivors get teleported into a trial?

Options
grayon444
grayon444 Member Posts: 757

Do you think they just walk into random direction and end up wherever or is there some kind of ritual the entity has to do?Because if they go on their way there is no way they can get into the trial only because of those big brick walls.And i don't know but isn't every trial location a universe on it's own, you know when the 'walk past the exit gates' bug happens there is a little bit of ground after the walls and after that pure emptiness.You can also see the big tree roots sticking from the ground.I don't think it was meant to look that way since you aren't supposed to see outside of trial, it just kind of happened.

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Forced in by the entity? Killers herd them in maybe?

• Vombate
    Vombate Member Posts: 37
    Options

I always thought they wake up in the trial when they sleep.

• aderpymuffin
    aderpymuffin Member Posts: 97
    Options

Benedict has stated that you wake up there. Its unclear whether or not all survivors wake up at the same time but it seems likely that they would all be on a conscious alarm clock set by the entity. Because if you wake up first and no one else is awake your chances of survival a pretty low.

• ekto
    ekto Member Posts: 103
    Options

whatever it is, i think it gives them enough time to get their things ready. i've always pictured a palpable fog that surrounds them, and, when it dissipates, they're somewhere else.

• PresidentDinosaur115
    Options

It’d be a lot of work but it’d be cool if each survivor had a unique animation too, though they’d have to be fast. Ash checks his hand, Bill lights his cig, Meg stretches her legs, Quentin pinches himself to see if he’s awake, Nea pounces up quickly and nimbly, etc.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,995
    Options

They fall asleep at the campfire, they wake up in the trial, simple as that. No mention of how the killer accesses the trial, for all we know a helicopter airlifts them in.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
    Options

Crows fly them in dark souls style. Obviously.

• G0lden_Ra1den
    G0lden_Ra1den Member Posts: 56
    Options

I always imagined that the survivors would be around the campfire, but then a big wall of smoke would approach and embody the four of them. The survivors would not see anything for a while, but once the smoke passes, they find themselves in a completely different environment.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited September 2019
    Options

They're abducted by the Entity into it's realm from the real world. Everything you see in game that isn't a killer or survivor is the Entity's form. Think a lovecraftian god.

However, the Entity can only interact with the real world at places of extreme pain. That's why you have the maps you do in game.

The campfire is the survivor's only safety, the only one the Entity allows.

The entity feeds off of survivor hope, and each time a sacrifice happens, they lose a part of themselves.

Eventually, survivors will lose all hope and either:

1. Die for the final time.
    2. Become a killer if broken enough.

We have yet to see or hear of either happening yet, though.

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454
    Options

I always imagined they get surounded by fog and when it dissapears they are in the trial

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited September 2019
    Options

Like Sam Beckett from Quantum Leap 😄

Or...when they escape through the gates they simply run in to another map and the gates close behind them.

Maybe when they jump down a hatch, they fall in to another map.

And when they actually get sacrificed or killed...the entity brings them back to another map for more suffering.

All very bleak I suppose. They never truly escape.

• grayon444
    grayon444 Member Posts: 757
    Options

So all of the maps in the game, example for the original maps they all exist in the real world?

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Yes. Or at least the Entity's misunderstanding and reconstruction of it. That's why new maps are added, because they are places of true horror.

It will then try to build them, but since it doesn't understand the real world, it fails and so we have multiple maps.