The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What's Going on with Matchmaking?

Did I miss something? I'm rank 1 atm on ps4 and from yesterday I've been getting low ranks as my teammates and killers all matches. I mean its a bit refreshing to not be powering through ruin, but it's unfair to be looping these new beginners. Well At least in the end they still get a kill with noed, but i rather be in a fair match.

Comments

• morbidjoe
    morbidjoe Member Posts: 33
    edited August 2019

To me i assume theres not enough people at your rank either not enough high rank killers or survivers on sometimes feelsnlike that ways because sometimes have been waiting for 15 or 30 mins to join a game :/

• JakeMainForLife
    JakeMainForLife Member Posts: 29

@morbidjoe That's the thing. I would have long queue times when there aren't much people on in my rank, but recently I've been getting quick lobbies and all of them are with yellow ranks. Right now its kinda like when they were testing a new matchmaking system a while ago.

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711

DBD's matchmaking system is weird. Sometimes it works, but it mostly doesn't perform quite well, especially at red ranks.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

I've found there aren't a lot of killers in purple and red on ps4. This makes survivors depip to avoid long que times compounding the problem.

• Dr_Psycho
    Dr_Psycho Member Posts: 6

Same here, I play with my friend and we both have rank 5, but the rest of the team is always absolutely random while the killer somehow is between 14-10. That's really unfair.

• rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253
    edited August 2019

I'm rank 6 and got 12-15 teammates and a rank 16 Billy looped the poor guy whole game, I figured he was a low rank when he was lunging at the shack window 3 seconds after I vaulted. If this keeps happening when ST fans come I don't think they will stay for long.

Post edited by rd_dex on
  • Hey_Its_James
    Hey_Its_James Member Posts: 70

It's the same on PC, I think if you're waiting long enough, it'll just pair you up with whoever's the closest to you