What do randoms do all game?

So most people who play solo survivor or even just duo SWF will know that the randoms are sometimes the hardest challenge as a survivor. Whilst you might be lucky and have a really good team, most of the time you'll have team mates who are not doing anything to contribute to the escape, other than crouching around the map and wasting most of the pallets.

I would understand it if I was playing at yellow or green ranks, but so many times in solo queue at rank 1, I have no idea what the randoms are doing, as I know they aren't doing generators, or being chased by the killer. After the game, I see the post game leader-board I wonder how those survivors managed to get to red ranks.

So let's make a game, where you guess what the randoms are doing instead of being useful.

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Totems, chests, sabo, AFK, hiding from a nearby killer, hiding because they're injured and nervous, looking for hatch. Etc.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Self Caring in a corner and still looking for ruin

• ArrowTheGreat11
    ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306

Don’t forget:

crouched in one spot behind a rock while you’re struggling, even though the killer is chasing someone else

• chieftaco
    chieftaco Member Posts: 230

personally i dig the new randoms gameplay.. i've fully embraced it and i can tell you it's kinda fun!

when i load into a game these days i'm not touching a gen solo.. i'll patrol the gens looking for anyone doing a gen that i can help & get some co-operative points from.. i keep Prove Thyself on for double BP & emblem points for all co-op i can find, but being honest most of the time I can't find anyone doing gens.. so mostly i break totems while making the rounds looking for work buddies..

sometimes i like to get up on the hill and spin around in circles for a minute or two, daring my feet to drop off the edge of the hill and ecstatic joy when they do not.. sometimes i'll find one of the little d-bags just squatting behind something, edge of the map or not, so i'll either crouch next to them and try to watch whatever they're watching, or i'll run circles around them as fast as i can to encourage them to move.. sometimes after deciding they can't lose me as easily as they hoped, they'll make it to a generator and i'll get a little bit of co-op.. that's always a nice thing.

other than that, i enjoy moonwalking, dubstep dancing, the electro-squat, appearing in windows and pointing at people on the other side, killer included..

the problem is really that there are just so many fun things to do in the game that you kinda miss them all if you're trying to rush the gens and getting upset about what the other guys are doing.. some day i hope to be as good as those other guys tho that just don't seem to ever have to do anything and they get to watch everyone die & jump in a hatch.. so far i think my mistake is actually playing the game too, like the hook saves & stuff.. maybe if i just squatted behind a rock i'd get a super dope escape rate? perhaps i'll get that good in my next 5k hours if only i could deal with being so bored by not actually playing the game in hopes of winning.. :)

EntitledBoner

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

I sometimes think that they run around the map searching and waiting for the marker/beam of light (the map addon) to spawn because so many people still dont know that it's an addon and think it's this amazing thing lol...

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621

I got one, disconnecting after they got downed in the first five seconds.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

They selfcare in corners against sloppy butcher Legion, the waste shack pallet in the first 30 seconds of the game, they search for 10 minutes the ruin instead of just doing the gens, they urban evade on the other side of the map while you are hooked and someone else chased. Oh and the classic: killer facecamps and they all crouch close to the hook for the whole 2 minutes.

Random team mates are the most frustating thing in dbd. Nothing is tilting me more than that. Part of that issue is the bad ranking system which allows some really potatoes ranking up to rank 1

• Ghostingmyteammates
    Ghostingmyteammates Member Posts: 216

Doing gens while you stay afk with 3 crows over your head doing nothing in the game CLAUDETTE.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

I'm usually looking for Waldo. Sometimes I do that as killer too, or I try to work on a gen. Trapper is not that smart you know. :)

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

I've had mostly good luck with randoms as a solo survivor. Although in about a 1/5 of my games, I seem to get a teammate that just watches me do a gen? Literally crouches by me while healthy and waits 4 me to finish without providing help. Kinda weird, I can never tell if they're trollin me or just freaked out? Im only about rank 15 so i assume both.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

I no longer run Kindred

A perk meant to help you and your team, is nothing but a beacon. A beacon of unending torment upon which you see your expectations, your hopes laid low and smote to ash

The last thing you will see is the Urban Evasion David at the southern corner of the map and then and only then

Will Despair take you

• ICU_CupCakiing
    ICU_CupCakiing Member Posts: 3

I do what I do man, what are u doing? (Besides spying on randoms)

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited August 2019

Depend really but the easiest question would have been "what don't random do all game?"

The answer is totems and gens

It's always totems and gens