We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Basically can't play anymore

justarandy
justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Killer Qs: 15+ minutes since weeks

Survivor Qs: 200+ ping lobby's, dodging, infinite loading screens. And in case I get a good ping and no dodge it's going to be the matchmaking destroying the experience. basically I play 1v1 with the killer because my team mates are yellow ranks while the killer and me are red ranks... Horrible experience and very very frustating. We all know how annoying solo Q is even when you get red rank team mates but they are still potatoes... But yellow ranks are something else..

Thanks BHVR, I guess. I will take a break, this time a long break.

Comments

• Cain
    Cain Member Posts: 6

I agree, they are destroying this game. Every week its worse. They nerfed and changed just about everything that made the game an enjoyable experience. They made every lobby HORRIBLE ping. I cant go through a window without being hit. I cant drop a pallet without being hit. Stealth? gone. Killers now have 500 perks to just let them walk straight to a target at any point during the game. I used to really enjoy finding survivors. Gone.

I believe A LOT of people are in the same boat as you. The games activity should speak for its self. Dead/dying game. They keep saying they have growth, but I feel its losing more players than it gains. Numbers speak for themselves, load times, d/cs.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I mean, if you can't go through any window without getting hit, that probably is on you. the last nerf to vaults was unnecessary though, they should instead just work on map desig, which they finally are.

There's definitely improvements to survivors that should be made. The bloodpoint cap of the four categories is pretty bad, and causes survivors to gain less bloodpoints than killers most of the time. Camping is also something that should be nerfed. Sure, you can also reward killers for not camping a bit, as many suggest. But in my opinion it also needs to be nerfed, otherwise there will still be enough people who camp. But bringing something like that up in the forums sadly just starts a freaking war everytime.

But I am very much convinced that camping is one of the main factors that can drive people away from playing survivors. And they don't give a crap if there's counterplay or not. It's just not enjoyable if a killer camps, period.

• Vegan_Eater69
    Vegan_Eater69 Member Posts: 1

I’ve been having the exact same problems, I thought it was just me until I looked at the forums. My lobbies, (either playing killer or survivor) are taking extended amounts of time to be full and start. Because lately as killer I have two survivors in my lobby that are sitting on 64 ping and the others are at 500+.

Then when I play as survivor the exact same happens, and you have to leave and rejoin constantly to find a lobby with good ping. Other survivors seem to be having the same problems and it causes them to leave as well, creating this cycle that makes it takes ages to start a game. Then when you do find a lobby you end up getting placed with yellow and white ranks, which can completely ruin the cohesion between teams especially when solo queuing. Just makes me a lil unhappy :(

• justarandy

No, the hitboxes are completely F'ed up. Some hits should never hit. And I can confirm with my experience it's not (only) due to latency to the host (killer) because me playing killer hit sometimes survivors and I'm like "######### how was that a hit? This should have never connected."

Devs need to fix the vaulting hit detection, something is messed up there but I don't know exactly what.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Well, supposedly dedicated servers will improve the ping issue. That's one of the main reasons they're doing it.

Matchmaking is something that people have been complaining about for ages, and I'd be surprised if it's not something the devs are already working on fixing, because it's actually a pretty important issue that affects everyone. They're constantly tweaking the ranking system, so it seems like they're already taking steps in that direction.

As for the queue times... they suck, but they're not directly the fault of the devs, except perhaps that they've apparently made survivor and killer too equally balanced in terms of playability, which is pretty funny. Just from looking at the forums, it seems like the survivor/killer main split is roughly 50/50, but for optimal queue times it ought to be more like 80/20. Kind of throws all the "If you don't fix killer no one will play it and your game will dieeeee" complaints into a whole new light, doesn't it? But that's a whole other discussion.

• justarandy

Lets give survivors pallet vacuum back, that might fix lobby times lol, jk well let's see. I will just take a break and won't even bother touching it during the first weeks of Stranger Things release. I really hope the matchmaking experience will be improved when I come back trying it.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Lol thats evey game for me but at least it is better than playing killer for me I played 5 games last nigh before I was like "Im done with this for tonight" every match had at least a 3man team and that's just not fun to have to face

• justarandy

Yeah, I noticed an increase of swf teams aswell. Either unlucky, a regional thing or seriously people are pissed about solo Q experience. It is stressful, but I play mostly Nurse so I can handle some hard situation quite good. But I defiantly dropped playing Trapper, wraith etc, it's not a fun experience against so many 3+ men swf groups.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,379

I don't really have a problem with match times, since I just read forums or watch videos on my 2nd screen til the lobby fills. I HAVE noticed ppl joining me with ######### ping. 3 survivors with 80 and the last guy with 300+. I typically just think to myself...THIS is gonna be the guy complaining about "McDonald's wifi" or lagswitching. Hopefully the dedicated servers help. As someone who plays 95% killer, lag issues don't affect me much, but I can sympathize.

• Fibijean
    edited August 2019

@LordGlint Survivor main here. If someone has 300 ping in the lobby and still chooses to play the game, that's totally on him and he has nothing to complain about. If you have good ping in the lobby and then your wifi starts acting up mid-game, that's more of a cause for complaint, although everyone has net problems once in a while and most reasonable survivors will recognise that it's not always the killer's fault. A simple "sorry about the lag, guys" in EGC can go a long way in that situation :) And, as you say, hopefully soon none of us will have to worry about this issue at all... or at least we can stop blaming each other for it.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Been telling them since last year.

If you nerf BBQ and stop giving Killers tens of thousands of Aura reading perks, survivors can stop looping (which killers want) and survivors can chill and relax instead of genrushing all the time (which killers want). There was never a need to add secondary survivor objectives, if BHVR didn't force a genrush meta.

But NO they just pump out update after update improving killer detection abilities and nerfing survivor stealth. Ironically they keep buffing killer stealth! Then they nerf survivor looping.

So what did they expect exactly? Of course Survivors will start using perks and add-ons to do gens faster, because what else are they gonna do?

The game has turned into this state because of BHVR's extremely questionable design choices.

I'm not saying Survivors didn't need a nerf. Or Killers a buff. They did. But the direction we're going is completely wrong for the game. Well, they can deal with the fallout. It's already happening - horrendous killer queues were a big symptom of the issue.

It's just hilarious that all the things they seem to be trying to "fix" the issue don't work and now we have terrible lobby pings and the worst matchmaking we've seen to date.

What a mess.

• Mochan
    edited August 2019

The funny ting is, since earlier this week, I've been noticing even my survivor queues (the time it takes to find a lobby, not for the lobby to fill up with survivors) is starting to take longer as well. not extremely long -- but I used to get lobbies almost instantly. For the past week it take maybe 20-30 seconds. Just now, it's a weekend, and I'm still taking 30 seconds to find a lobby as survivor. Wut?

There is no doubt in my mind they tried tweaking something in the algorithm this week to address all the matchmaking complaints we've been having, but whatever they're doing it's not working, and just making things worse.

• LordGlint

No matter what they do, any lag will ALWAYS be the killer's fault, lol

• Fibijean

@LordGlint Everything is the killer's fault. Screw you for not just standing there and letting me escape.

• LordGlint

Last time we had a PTB for dedicated servers, I still had ppl complain to me in endgame chat about my connection making them lag.

• Mochan

If they do make dedicated servers, the question is: is it going to be global and per region?

If they just have dedicated servers in NA that pretty much kills the game for me, time to move on.

• HeadMisfit
    HeadMisfit Member Posts: 4

I also feel bad for everyone who thinks dedicated servers are some kind of magic bullet. Generally speaking, dedicated servers are inferior to peer-to-peer for latency issues. They are used in competitive games to mitigate more types of cheating and exploits, at the expense of increased desynchronization between clients.

• LordGlint

I think the big thing ppl are hoping for is more fairness so to speak. Atm, if the killer has a bad connection... It means they'll be hitting survivors who are running in place pretty much. With the dedicated servers, if the killer has bad connection, the killer is the one who's gonna be rubberbanding backwards and having a rough time in a chase.

• FiftyCalReaper
    FiftyCalReaper Member Posts: 110

Lol dead dying game? Yet the player count is at its highest ever.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Survivors CAN chill. They CAN do other things than gens. But what if they tryhard?

Stealth options aren't taken from you with the introduction of Jeff.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

I think this might be you speaking facetiously but if not id like to point out it isn't always the killer

• Fibijean

If it helps, I believe they're going to release the final list of server locations some time in the next couple of weeks. The most recent information we have is that there will be servers in the following locations:

• US East (Ohio)  
    • US West (N. California)  
    • South America (São Paulo)  
    • EU (London)  
    • EU (Frankfurt)  
    • Asia Pacific (Singapore)  
    • Asia Pacific (Seoul)  
    • Asia Pacific (Tokyo) 
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

It's true that sometimes the hit detection at vaults is weird and probably bugged. You just made it sound like it's always the case, as you said you can't vault windows without getting hit. I have noticed this problem both as killer and survivor, but it definitely doesn't happen the majority of the time. At least not in my experience.