Survivor Perk Idea: Dire Awareness

LiquidLink1988
LiquidLink1988 Member Posts: 137

While initiating a chase with the killer, you see the auras of all other survivors for 20/30/40 seconds

Comments

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Not sure if this should be a Killer or Survivor perk. But as Killer perk it is OP and as survivor perk it is kinda redundant. What you want to do with it? Not chase into other survivors? Take Bond

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

The title may have changed, but the description says that you have to initiate a Chase with the killer, so it's a survivor perk. I personally like the idea (probably because I had a similar idea a while back :P), but I'd prefer if it also showed other survivors your own aura as well.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

It should be while in a Chase you see survivor auras within a 24/40/56 meter radius so you know they don’t go over to them. It’s not better than bond, but you can see teammates farther away so when your in a chase you don’t bring the killer to them

• WickedMilk03
    WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624

This is one of those perks they would add and no one would use because bond is better at doing what this one is meant for. No hard feelings

• LiquidLink1988
    LiquidLink1988 Member Posts: 137

i appreciate your opinion and courtesy

Although i see how bond is a good perk, I would rather use my idea Dire Awareness, and here's why:

Once you begin a chase, you can start to map out your escape plan based on where the other survivors at the start of the chase. Also, whenever I use bond, I start running in a direction, and by the time that I see survivors, working on a gen, I'm already headed in that direction.

Don't get me wrong, bond is good, but my idea has more strategy

• WickedMilk03
    WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624

I just dont see it being used as often when you take in consideration that bond is for the whole match where as your perk is only when being chased. Bond can have use both during a chase and out of the chase whilst this one would only be useful every so often.

If you see an injured teammate with bond you can go to them and heal them. You cant get that with dire awareness

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

@8obot1c I think 36 meters from Bond are far enough to not lead the killer to other survivors.

@Yung_Slug The idea of showing you to others is a better idea I think. But that is pretty strong. Compared to Alert for example, it is way better, if you combine it with your own aura reading ability. Alert triggers all the time, but just some seconds. This idea shows the chased aura the whole time wile in a chase, giving ALL survivors the information.

To make it balanced I would suggest to just go for the second part, show others your aura, and just within a certain distance, not map wide. So others will be warned if you get too close, if the chased one running the perk wants to make sure gens can be worked on, run Bond in addition.

Both combined in one perk would be like having Alert and Bond but both even better combined in one perk. Ofc, for example, you can search others with Bond to get some heals, whch this perk can't do. But if you escape the chase you should have enoguh information to replace this as well.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172
    edited September 2019

So this is just bonds on steroïds.

Like what else would it be use then to lead the killer straight to someone else ?

Just get better at sneaking around.