Killers - Balance ideas for both

Options
KillingInstinct
KillingInstinct Member Posts: 272
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
Today I reached rank 1 again but started noticing something at rank 5 already. The games are still immensely in the survivors favor. I get played around and teabagged by survivors since I can't reach them because of all the pallets on the maps.

In my opinion, killers should get some buffs. 

Brutal strength should destroy pallets at 20% speed at lv1 and 40% speed at lv3

Shadowborn should have its brightening effect again and the same fov it used to have

Save the Best for Last and Play with your Food should be reset to how those perks perks were on release. Or Play with your Food should become like the new Save the best for last and only lose tokens when you attack your obsession

Michael Myers should be able to have the same stalking range that he used to have when he was added into the game

The killers should all get a 3% speed increase (except for the 115% walking speed killers) 

Unnerving presence should become a passive perk (just as how Wraith can see blood better when invisible)

The hatch closing should finally be added into the game

Killers should be able to get some power up once the exit gates are powered or opened as a passive, since the survivors can choose to just stay in the match as long as they want and have the killers at their mercy

Freddy should have some kind of buff, not sure what kind of buff but something

Survivors should not be ignored of course.

They should be able to lessen or add more pallets to the map with offerings. As should the killer.

They should have less frequent moans of pain, since finding them is way too easy.

After they are injured they should be slowed and the longer a pallet loop or infinite is going on the slower they should get. It would be the opposite of bloodlust. However bloodlust should receive a rework and get nerfed or be added as a perk

Sprint burst should last one second longer so it is balanced with the killer buffs and self care should increase healing speed per lv. Lv1 = 50% and lv3 = 80% or 90%. And it should increase the healing speed of medkits to 120% or 130%

These would be my ideas as of right now.

Btw i play killer AND survivor. I am a rank 5 survivor and a rank 1 killer with 700+ hrs in the game

Comments

• KillingInstinct
    Options
    I would appreciate some feedback fr you guys.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,249
    Options
    While the game is still ridiculously survivor favored, this isn’t the way to go about fixing it. The problem is map design and a lot of completely overpowered survivor perks.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    @KillingInstinct I feel like low-mid to low tier killers need buffs or QoL changes to help them out. I'll be honest that some of your ideas are kinda ridiculous like these couple here:

Brutal strength should destroy pallets at 20% speed at lv1 and 40% speed at lv3

Michael Myers should be able to have the same stalking range that he used to have when he was added into the game

The killers should all get a 3% speed increase (except for the 115% walking speed killers) 

Unnerving presence should become a passive perk (just as how Wraith can see blood better when invisible)

Killers should be able to get some power up once the exit gates are powered or opened as a passive, since the survivors can choose to just stay in the match as long as they want and have the killers at their mercy

They should be able to lessen or add more pallets to the map with offerings. As should the killer.

They should have less frequent moans of pain, since finding them is way too easy.

Sprint burst should last one second longer so it is balanced with the killer buffs and self care should increase healing speed per lv. Lv1 = 50% and lv3 = 80% or 90%. And it should increase the healing speed of medkits to 120% or 130%
    Overall, I see that killers aren't really the power role and I understand that it feels rather frustrating to deal with good survivors. However I think killers need QoL changes like the ones hag and trapper received. Additionally, the developers can see which perk is being used the least so they can buff weak perks accordingly and test it out on the PTB. Nice brainstorming on how to make killers killers again! :)
  • Nanis
    Nanis Member Posts: 61
    Options

@Blueberry said:
    While the game is still ridiculously survivor favored, this isn’t the way to go about fixing it. The problem is map design and a lot of completely overpowered survivor perks.

100% agree about the map design. I don't think there's "a lot" of "completely overpowered survivor perks". There's definitely a few to be reworked, DS, SC, SB

• KillingInstinct
    Options

Pretty good feedback xD