The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Random map selection needs to go.

2»

Comments

• Protokon
    Protokon Member Posts: 12

The big hole in your plan, is that if killers don't see a map they want in the selection, they will simply dodge the lobby.

The current system in place of killers/survivors influencing map selection with offerings, is probably for the best. Not every killer should be 100% efficient on every map.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428
    edited September 2019

@Gibberish Again... Why is the killer doing the picking? I did read your suggestion... but my question is why does the killer get to decide where we go?

Not every single map benefits survivors either, so by having the killer decide where we go makes it unfair.

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565

I think that the survivors being able to select the map is strong af, specially with realms like Haddonfield, Lery's, etc.

In my opinion, the solution to this would be:

• removing green map offerings (Tremendous increase).
    • making killers able to use the brown (Slightly increase) and yellow (Considerable increase) map offerings.
    • making survivors only able to use brown map offerings.

In my +1.2k hours, I've only seen ONCE someone using a green offering and not getting the map they picked.

If done what I said above, survivors could still have impact on the map they want to play, but not as strong as before. And the killer, being only one, can use the better offering.

• Pandifer
    Pandifer Member Posts: 37

Am I the only one that ever had a hated map that I disliked so much that I learned it well? Then, well, don't even care anymore. Confront the maps you fear. They are not that bad. Neither side should choose the map.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited September 2019

@joker7997 Lobby dodging is not going to be stopped. Hell, I dodged certain maps in Overwatch.

I used to get Nepal a lot in Overwatch. Got sick of it, so dodged on the hero select screen where there is zero penalty for doing so in Quick Play. Ditto for Hanamura.

Sometimes, if I went Support and my teammates went 5-DPS heroes in hero select, I dodged.

If the goal is to stop lobby dodging, forget it. It isn't a goal that can be accomplished. One way or another, for one reason or another, people will dodge.

Otherwise, soft-throwing the match is easy. As survivor, just "make a mistake" and get downed and then suicide on the first hook. As killer, just apply zero pressure and let the five gens pop. Throw, let the match end, move on to the next match.

Players will always find a way out of a match, team-up, or map, that they don't want to play.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,292

This isnt quite true. The map with JUST corn you were mentioning is called Rotten fields, and was actually my FAVORITE map to play in as Old Freddy. Before his rework hit live, I actually burnt all my coldwind offerings, just so I could play on Rotten fields. Got myself a nice screenshot of getting a 4k in under 2 minutes (resulting in a black pip, lol).

Many of the larger maps just requires abit of smarter play on the killer's part. Temple of Purgation for example is HUGE, but the actual temple area is VERY unsafe for survivors and killer friendly. The gens next to and behind the temple have very little in the way of pallets, while the temple's gen is SUPER unsafe since it ONLY has super unsafe pallets around it. This map became my favorite to play as when using Myers, who once again... doesnt have mobility options.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

"...Survivors shouldnt get a say in map picking anyways. Killer's are the Entity's chosen and the maps are the Entity's realm..."

Then let Entity play with killers

• prayer_survivor

".... and removing map RNG would be a big benefit for the game and would get me back into playing Killer....". Yes, and get survivors to play other games.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

no. but maybe show like 3 random maps at the start of every match so all 5 players can vote one out of them? tbh that's not even necessary, but it would be nice for both sides.

• prayer_survivor

Ig specific killers like nurse, spirit or billy are globally unpopular, that means there's obviously some major issue with them and they should be reworked.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

You forgot let me see what items they are bringing.

• Sharmarko
    Sharmarko Member Posts: 71
    edited September 2019

This is a terrible idea because instead of fixing the issue, you've decided it would be good if we just ignored it.

RNG is an issue. Badham had a balance and has been fixed. Let's just fix all the maps instead of never playing on a select few maps ever again.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172
    edited September 2019

I disagree simply bc certain maps are extremly hard for killers and others extremly hard for survivors. Making it random gives everyone a fair chance.

I would even take away the fog reagents and make the fog lvl also random.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

It would be nice if playing certain killers had a reduced chance of getting maps that were bad for them

Maps such as Bloodlodge should never even appear if your Ghostface or Michael

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I honestly like getting Blood Lodge as Myers. There is very little line of sight breakers and Myers can stalk easily. He doesn’t care if survivors know where he is. It’s not great if you want to play a stealthy Myers but I typically go for a more aggressive style with Myers.

Ghostface however I understand not wanting Blood Lodge. It is very hard to hide on that map and he needs to be more stealthy unlike Myers.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

This seems like a bad band-aid fix. No need to go for a half-baked solution; fix the problematic maps.

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428

Why's that, I see people leave all the time when a strode key is brought

• RIP_Legion

I mean hey we all have our preferences, I personally dislike rotten fields and enjoy the temple. I dislike super easy to hide maps yet large maps like Yamaoka estate, it's annoying specifically without ruin to pass a gen, hear and see nothing, do a loop around looking for people and then that gen gets popped and not much has happened. I just don't see the point with maps like that, watched a team of survivors hide for 35 minutes on that map not doing anything, you can't get away with that on any other map except possibly rotten fields at least for some time. I'd rather play on Coal tower or Ironworks of misery even with the infinite than Yamaoka.

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284
    edited September 2019

I'm fine with map rng, I'm okay with map offerings to be removed though. People use map offerings mainly to give the other side a frustrating or unfun time.

Such as survivors with Balanced Landing burning Haddonfun. Or killers who burn Jigsaw Pieces.

I do think that they should alter the map rng a little though. There's no reason I should be getting Pale Rose 3 in 4 games when there's like 30 something different maps.

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

Ya they can get bent too. I feel like it's only children and pansies who DC because they are afraid the game ahead isn't going to obviously be I their favor. Own it and get stomped is better game ethics then turn tale and run.

• RIP_Legion
    edited September 2019

Lol why would anyone want to waste their time vs 4 man that brought a strode key, they all are obviously bringing balanced landing and every other meta perk. No way am I wasting my time for their own enjoyment, at the end of the day it's a video game and we play them to have fun or for a challenge, not to play against sweatlords who are abusing a terribly designed map. "Better game ethics" alright you have fun fighting bully squads who abuse **** maps because you don't wanna ruin someone else's fun when they're whole intent is either an easy win or to make your game miserable. I play mediocre M1 killers only because I like a challenge but when the strode key comes up against an obvious 4 man I'm out, again I'm not gonna suffer for someone else's amusement and a lot of other people hold the same viewpoint.

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 914
    edited September 2019

We already had this discussion multiple times, and every time when the thread gains any significant popularity, a developer appears and says something in the lines of:

"No tHaT wOuLd be ToO Op beCauSe aS DocToR yoU wouLD cHoO se EveRY tiMe The GAmE anD siMIlaR wiTh oTheR KillErS

because survivor cosmetics obviously are the cash cow for this game, if you didn't know.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Maybe have map pools, A, B, and C.

I'm the lobby menu you just choose which pool of 8,9,10 maps you'd prefer. That way you have a chance to avoid the map you hate.

Offerings overrule map preference.

Ultra rare offering to make the entity refuse all map offerings and force a random. Just for a little drama.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,982

Absolutely not. Killers already get to adapt their loadout based on what they see from Survivors, now you want them to be able to pick their best maps also? We really out here looking for more EZ 4ks. (as if most games don't already end that way as the game currently stands)

What's next. You want to be able to set basement location, gen locations, totem locations, and set where you spawn?

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

But what if you you still got 2k, or even more? I guess people like you will never know the joy of over coming adversity. Do you buds, enjoy the easy way out.

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 914
  • Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236

Then There'll be maps that nobody ever plays !

I've experienced that in previous games even with DLC maps So I'm against map voting ! But they do need to fix map rotation and like @justarandy suggested I like those ideas and don't see them totally banishing any map off the Rooster.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Nothing wrong about maps noone wants to Play. It simply means noone wants to play certain maps because they don't enjoy it. Soooo... Devs need to rework them. Simple.

• Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 102

This honestly sounds sick as heck, I'd love to see this added, let both sides bring offerings that can effect the map pool and ot would be awsome!

• RIP_Legion
    edited September 2019

There in lies why I usually don't even dc anyways, the what if. It depends on my mood and rank at that point, if I'm feeling confident and I'm not in the red/purple ranks for once then I'll stick it out, probably 3k with the last guy getting the gate. But if I'm in a bad mood the "overcoming adversity" schtick dies, when everyone chooses the perfect loadout for that very broken map it's damn near gamebreaking. Not an enjoyable slog and when it's over I don't even feel accomplished, just like it wasn't worth it and I should've just left.

This discussion has been closed.