Decisive Strike And Lockers

13»

Comments

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

@SenzuDuck I wish I could give you more likes. You hit it right in the nail.

Some people don’t understand games evolving and requiring balance changes and design changes for things that may have looked good on paper back when.

I personally find DS to be in the best place it’s been. It’s powerful but it also CAN lose its value if the killer plays smart. Whereas before the only way it lost its value was if the survivor missed the skill check.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

It's because the killer cannot do anything at all to counter the combo @Peanits. It's absurd how a survivor is essentially safe and gets a free heal in a locker, plus you can't slug them because of the action interrupt grab.

Tbh, is shouldn't be this way. And the fact you're defending this is part of why the games balance is so off.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

If you pull them out of the locker they'll be injured you get to "freely" remove their "free" heal.

Chase the unhooker, devs defend killers slugging for 4 minutes at end game because there is a timer and they will die, I think you can suffer with a stun for tunneling someone.

As little as you like this, it's a survivors job to waste your time, if they can force a grab then DS, GG you lost but they don't have DS at end game anymore sooo, continue the chase and get them if you're that adamant on tunneling, this has nothing to do with balance, just survivors being smart against tunneling killers.

Almost like they're adapting to all the slugging tunnelers or something.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

I really feel like this game tries so hard to streamline how people play. I don't tunnel, but to be pressured within 8 secs to take a stun or watch them heal up and still have potentially over 45 secs of immunity is ridiculous.

Because if this was really an anti tunneling perk it should work until the next hook not be on a timer.

Also, it really is broken. I'm not arguing about that, because anyone can see it's not good game balance to essentially have someone become that immune. Especially if for instance, you don't see the savior and only see the unhooked person.

This game has problems.

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

Bloodlust = Devs are unable to fix any map so they give killer bloodlust ( and they nerf it ) in order to cut loop that can be infinite.

Exhaustion = Same loop can keep a killer for the hole cooldown of the Exhaustion perk giving survivors a free escape so instead of fixing loop they give you this.

Healing Nerf = Devs can't create a second objective and are scared to make anything to the gens so they nerf they only thing they could ( oh by the way survivors get free heat at 17 of the month).

Pallet Nerf = Right now with one pallet you can run a killer around it for 3-4 time think how bad was when you have 2-3 pallet side by side. The vacuum was there because there was a bug with the animation and could put the killer inside the pallet so the remove it until they fix ti and they the do.

With almost every patch they add more and more pallets to the point in same maps you can get double pallets. For the second part well yes but actually no they put smaller loops and more unsafe but they give you more pallets and if you run those loops correct it like an infinite.

• Chickenchaser
    Chickenchaser Member Posts: 391

Yes ridiculous. Killers are still adapting just like back then. Infinite loops is an exploit no matter how you slice it. blocking hooks was an adaptation to that. do you have zero reading comprehension? The whole point of that post is that killers must adapt far more than survivors must adapt. It's Just as true back then as it is now. The only difference is that modern mid tier killers actually have a chance, while back then they had no chance.

That post has been copy, and pasted by multiple people over the years because it is timeless. It's a reminder to every toxic survivor main out there that they had it easy back then, and They've still got it easy today. The perfect question at the end "when is it the survivors turn to adapt?".

The fact that you even broke that post down into sections with little points is just the icing on the ridiculous cake. probably why you got the roflmao emoji.

• Johnny_XMan

@DarkGGhost The point is these were nerfs designed for survivors. Some of which are dated (bloodlust).

I understand why they brought them to the game, I was merely explaining that survivors adapt too.

With Bloodlust, more unsafe pallets don’t mean anything when the killer can just go around them and swing. Most of them ignore pallets if they have bloodlust built up.

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

Here the thing all of those things was not nerf but change to make the game more balance so killers can play the game. And no survivors don't adapt they just drop the strategy they have.

adapt: to change, or to change something, to suit different conditions or uses

• Johnny_XMan

@DarkGGhost They were nerfs. Nerfs are also used to balance the game. Stop thinking being so close minded in thinking that only killers adapt.

When DS was changed many players did not like it but they got used to it... they adapted.