Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Is it possible to add a offline mode in future ?

Options

I really wished this game had some sort of offline mode , with bots, where you could train as survivor or killer or having the chance to play without internet.

Answers

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 386
    Options

I see a lot of people asking for a train mode/offline mode, it isn't a bad idea but i don't think it's possible for AI reasons.

• gcardoso
    gcardoso Member Posts: 35
    edited September 2019
    Options

if they make cs , cod , lol , friday 13th, etc with bots i think they can manage to get something with this one as well

• Nutty_Professor
    Nutty_Professor Member Posts: 621
    edited September 2019
    Options

Or you could just play solo Q, most randoms play like they're bots (even at red ranks).

• tafner
    tafner Member Posts: 52
    Options

I can't see why. The AI doesn't need to be a 300 IQ megamind. A simple stupid AI is already worth it to test perks, range of lunges, scratch marks, etc... I don't know much about this, but making a simple AI is probably not that hard.

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532
    Options

The devs already struggle with fixing bugs. Do you honestly think they'd be able to implement a decent AI?

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Dead By Daylight already has a basic AI via the tutorial.

Tutorial-Meg is able to run away and vault pallets.

Tutorial-Trapper follows the player and repeatedly hits against the entity blocker.

Most players would be happy to have a mode with a killer or survivor standing still allowing them to explore maps, practice loops "mechanically" without getting chased, practice the killer's ability/power on survivors that either don't move OR move like tutorial-Meg.

What I've described is definitely possible and takes little resources to implement.

• gcardoso
    gcardoso Member Posts: 35
    Options

if they managed to make friday 13th playable with bots i cant seem to find the problem with this one... if it would be worky ? it would , but at least people that bought the game and skins wouldnt be so afraid the game die and server shutdown and all the time and money spent was gone for good.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,326
    Options

The reason this game doesn't have an offline AI vs Player is because the game doesn't have the gameplay to support it and AI can't be programmed to act the way players expect them to act.

Friday has a lot of things you can build engaging and effective AI logic trees around as well as extra scripted scenes. DBD barely has one objective and that objective has no dynamic components to it and AI aren't going to loop like actually players do. They've talked about this before. That offline/single player mode would be too different than how the game actually is and don't want to commit resources to something they can't make feel as good as the actual game.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I just want a mode where I can explore maps or something personally.