We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

So is it just me or is Lery's a bad map for Myers?

I was playing survivor, and I burned the Lery map offering. I hadn't played it in a while, it's the only map that genuinely creeps me out, and I figured why not? We're six days into Halloween season. The killer burns a split coin, so at first I think he's playing int3r4ct's basement chest troll build. This, in my stupid brain, is somehow reinforced for me when my dark sense triggers and I see no one. Then, I group up with people on a gen and Meg starts panicking.

I look up.

It's Myers just standing there in the window.

I hide behind the gen. Feng bolts. Meg stands there tea bagging. After three whole gens, Meg just hands Myers tier two. From there, shenanigans ensue. He hits tier three once, gets two hooks (both of which he camped and both of which were rescued), I shake him a few times with the combined power of stealth and Lery's wealth of hidey holes. Long story short, we all escape.

So, was this just a bad Myers, is Lery a bad map for Myers, or both?

Comments

• Creepingcam1070
    Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 330

Its a bad Myers. Because Lerys is easily one of the best maps for Myers(and stealth killers in general), especially when your running the Jumpscare Myers build.

• Creepingcam1070
    Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 330

It seems like whenever I play Myers on this map(or any stealth killer). I seem to do really good.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    edited September 2019

People actually think Lery’s has an abundance of safe loops? Most windows have a door way by them, we have one really safe loop minus the balanced landing loop.

Post edited by GrootDude on
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,931

I main Myers for killer and every time I play Lery's at worst I get a 3k. So personally I think its a great map for him and stealth killers in general.

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

Lary's isn't a bad for Myers, the problem is, is that if you play right it becomes incredibly hard for Myers to get out of tier 1. That goes for any indoor map. So its not bad for him just a challenge to get out tier 1.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

It's a map noone really likes. It's just those special snowflakes who love that map for some reason. I hate it as killer and also as survivor.

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

It's an amazing map for myers, probably one of his best. Any map you can sneak up to survivors is great for him, but you need to be running monitor and abuse (which you should be anyways imo) and whispers tier 3 (which I always run because it's so good).

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

It's great for jumpscare myers. VERY fun but I have never 4kd

Terrible for T3 Myers Against red rank survivors who will dodge los.

Mediocre for mid range; I have 4kd and 0kd there in mid ranks.

Amazing for doctor with TR build.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

Personally I think The Game is worse for Myers. Played it yesterday as Myers and it took me forever to get to tier 2 and I don't even remember if I hit tier 3.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

This map and scratched mirror Myers is a death trap for survivors! As Myers, you find yourself cackling the entire the you play because It’s SO fun!

As survivor, frustrating is an understatement. Get whatever points you can, because escape is highly unlikely. Survivors will often disconnect on me one they realize what’s going on.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,801

Doesn't Lery's have one of the lowest escape rates for survivors? It's not a bad map, it's just confusing until you learn it.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,423

Lerys is one of my favorite maps to play on when using Myers. Last time it randomly popped up for me, I actually did a little celebration dance before starting. It might not be best for stalking and hitting T3 alot, but you can very easily adopt a hit and run tactic and mostly stick to T2. Always have a fun time.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Really? Pallet wise Lery's has always struck me as pretty fair. Some safe pallets sure, if your unlucky a few too many safe pallets, but there is also a fair number of mindgameable pallets and even those three unsafe ones in the center of the map.

Loop wise I've always found Lery's to be one of the most balanced actually. Since one of the games patches their seems to be now really safe windows anymore.

• Chickenchaser
    Chickenchaser Member Posts: 391

Whenever I get Lery's map as killer I go AFK to make a sandwich, and watch Netlix.

It's not worth a second of my time.

Yes I can 4k, pip up, or safety pip depending on rng, and the team I get. I just don't want to play a map I absolutely hate against a potentially toxic swf group. Nope.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

It's wether good or bad for myers. Many vaults, but no LoS over the whole map.

• Rademenes16
    Rademenes16 Member Posts: 36

survivors have 2 god loops while killer can't do ######### without bamboozle or tier 3 bloodlust

stealth is best strategy on this map. If you play wraith or nurse just dont waste ur time and DC

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Lery's isn't the greatest map, I enjoy it but recognize it's flaws

It's really good for scratched mirror Myers tho

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

I don't think Lery's is particularly horrible for Myers, nor do I think it's that great of a map. It's maybe like a 6 out of 10 map for him. Difficult to get out of tier 1 but after that it isn't too bad, little bit difficult to get to tier 3 due to all the line of sight breakers, but not impossible. Does help with getting close for the first strike when survivors are on gens due to his small terror radius though.

If you have Scratched Mirror Myers on it, it then becomes a god map lol

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Some of You guys must be playing a completely different game than me. Lery's is the best map for killers hands down, in my experience. As killer I get 4k easy at Lery's majority of the time and as a survivor my entire team gets demolisted majority of the time. I hate the map as survivor but I love it as killer. If I'm playing killer and somebody brings a shattered glasses I'm like "thank you good sir, I was going to bring one myself but I was all out." Now as survivor if another teammate brings one I want to punch them in the face because it ALWAYS results in a good game for the killer. Doesn't even matter who the killer is.

• Corrupted
    Corrupted Member Posts: 157

Lerys is a fantastic map for stealth killers, sometimes you can get bad RNG with pallets but for scratched mirror myers and ghostface, this map is great. You can get a gengrab on most gens with both killers. Myers at base it just depends on the pallet spawns. Most people don't like Lery's though, survivors and killers.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Scratched mirror Meyers is a god in Lerys.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,423

Dont even need scratched mirror tbh. Myers small TR with monitor and abuse can make this map equally good on a normal build walking around in T2. Just keep as many survivors injured as you can, and youll be able to get the 2nd hit fairly easily by listening for their moans or for the sounds of gens being worked on. The LOS breakers then benefit you... You might not be able to hit T3 often, if at all, but...you wont really need to. Nurses calling helps too, which I normally run on Myers when not using scratched mirror.

I remember ACCIDENTALLY getting 3 hooks on this map once with a normal Myers build before even getting out of T1, just because I kept sneaking up and hitting ppl whenever possible.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,316

I don't see how it is.

I usually playe Myers with M&A + Dead Rabbit so my TR is tiny, and I get a lot of "free" first hits as a result. It is quite RNG-dependent when it comes to where windows go and there are some very strong configurations where free fast vaults can be built into a pallet loop for example, but for Myers (or sneaky killers in general) it's pretty good in my opinion. Seems to have a pretty good balance between safe and unsafe pallets as well if you ask me.

Even though you can still be taken for a solid run by someone who's injured the value of a first hit is still high. Stealth killers aren't only about gen grabs.

• survivormain1105
    survivormain1105 Member Posts: 327

My team was so angry when I used one last night. Lol I play swf and everyone was wow way to go there goes the game... might not have been bad if it wasnt a really good rank 1 spirit. RIP

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

A bad myers, more likely. Lery's is one of the best setups for lery's because of the no stain no TR jumpscare build works wonders.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

Let me answer this.

Bad? No.

Good? No.

Hardish/Stressful sometimes? Yes.

Now a good build on that map is:

Nurses Calling, Deerstalker, Monitor & Abuse, & Bamboozle. + Scratched Mirror & Boyfriend's Memo.

This build on Myers makes him pretty much instantly Teir 2 while still being Teir 1 infinitely. And he can see you... Everywhere.

But if you don't have this build and ur a Myers then it was definitely be Hardcore difficulty if you don't know the layout.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

I kinda like Lerys...with Myers I either go Jumpscare or just don't tier up (but if have to say, I run PWYF on him so much even in T1 I can be very fast) Good headphones help and try to map the surrounding in your head. I like Lerys because you can cut of most survivors.