Dedicated Servers

Options
SystematicGod
SystematicGod Member Posts: 8
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
So I'm sure I'm only the millionth person to ask for dedicated servers but seriously is there any confirmation or acknowledgment I'm not aware of from the devs. Death Garden is getting them right off the bat so I hope that means we are getting them very soon. What do y'all think?

Comments

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

The reason Death Garden is getting it right off the bat and we aren't upgrading to them is because the game would essentially need to be remade to support it. Since Death Garden was from day 1 intending on having dedicated servers it was coded around that. Dbd wasn't, unfortunately. It's a lot more than just switching a few lines of code, they'd be essentially reprogramming a good portion of the game, hence why it hasn't happened.

• commtech
    commtech Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Please give us dedicated servers!  With all of the money they will be making now with the auric cells, you would think that they will get them for DBD. If not then it’s just being greedy and cheap.
  • AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

@commtech said:
    Please give us dedicated servers!  With all of the money they will be making now with the auric cells, you would think that they will get them for DBD. If not then it’s just being greedy and cheap.

Did you not read what @not_Queen just said?

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    edited July 2018
    Options
    People who think dedicated servers are gonna end all problems are really living in Freddy's dream world. There'll be server lags, ddos, maintenance, long server downs because of some hardware issue. And knowing the fact that this is DBD, it has to be worse, to be unique, for a change xD
  • Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,960
    Options

@Khalednazari said:
    People who think dedicated servers are gonna end all problems are really living in Freddy's dream world. There'll be server lags, ddos, maintenance, long server downs because of some hardware issue. And knowing the fact that this is DBD, it has to be worse, to be unique, for a change xD

Exactly. Dedicated Servers at this stage would be a giant money sink and would maybe make the game function, maybe, marginally better than it does now. They're better off just improving the existing framework.

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535
    Options

@commtech said:

You mean once they pay down that 12 million dollar debt from buying DbD off of Starbreeze you mean.

Nothing about being greedy and everything about paying the damn bills each month.