1 on 1 is unfair

2»

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Maybe practice winning your chases instead of prolonging them. 1v1 is winnable but needs to be difficult or the asymmetric balance falls apart.

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142

It is a designed screw job they dont care the experience sucks for a good chunk of the player base and that they hate it. If your team sucks and dies while you dont and then you get screwed by hatch and door placements then thats your fault. Obviously yoy shoukd have to carry the team on your shoulders by doing all the gens, getting chased, and powering doors all at the same time. What a ######### show.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

It isn’t supposed to be fair.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

And there making a perk to find hatch across a map so even easier now

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

If everyone else is dead, you screwed up, as a team. Sometimes you get lucky and find the hatch or open a door, sometimes you don't. This is a dumb hill to die on.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited September 2019

Why is it, when a killer "Fails at his objective" it's unfair for him to use NOED>

But when a survivor team fails, that last person is supposed to get away?

This flippin' community and all the silly double-standards.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

You failed to power the gates through generators.

You failed to find the hatch first.

You failed. It's supposed to be extraordinarily difficult to escape at this phase. Survivors should VERY, VERY, VERY RARELY be able to win in a 1 on 1.

• DonnieTheZombie
    DonnieTheZombie Member Posts: 229

The thing thats stupid and unfair is how close the gates always spawn next to each other. People say it "rarely" happens but if it makes it to the egc i almost always encounter doors spawning too close to each other. When i play killer it feels dumb to get a free kill because i dont even have to patrol the doors, and when i play survivor it sucks knowing in going to die no matter because they're in view of each other.

They just need to fix the door spawns and its all good.

• gcardoso
    gcardoso Member Posts: 35

Hum yes, but actually no. I mean unless u play with premades , wich is really unfair for Killer imo , if you , as survivor, do all u can to escape, but cant because your team is bad or trolls or afk or disconnect or etc, that survivor should at least deserve a better trial for his survival. it's just my opinion, i enjoy the game a lot , just think it's easier to play / win as killer than as survivor at this moment.

• gcardoso
    gcardoso Member Posts: 35

After seeing this comment and others in this thread , i can see they didnt understand what i meant . But's like any gaming community there are users like this anyway. Obviously the point is not winning 1 on 1 . i never said it was. I just think it's unfair a survivor most of the times playing alone and then have to die because its like 90% probable he will after hatch get closed. I liked the idea of the hatch only appear when your the last survivor so that would be a 50/50 for the hatch and would make the killer to patrol not 2 but 3 escape ways. It wouldnt hurt and would make the game more exciting . at least for me . like i said i'm main killer , and almost everytime i let the last survivor escape because i dont care about rank . it's just something i would like to see

• A_Crow
    A_Crow Member Posts: 193

I don't see the problem.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

The killer is supposed to have the power level of 4 survivors, so of course it's going to be difficult in a 1 v 1 because the killer is much more powerful. :)

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

@gcardoso What it sounds like is that you liked it better before there was the End Game Collapse. Unfortunately, the community showed they were too immature for it to remain that way. Too often, the last survivor would not go for the hatch and would hide somewhere on the map, sometimes forcing the game to draw out for upward of an hour in an attempt to troll the Killer and force them to DC and therefore get nothing for the match.

Hell, I had it happen to me multiple times within my first two months of playing DbD when I bought it summer 2018. Thing for me, though, is that I have a beast of a computer. So I would toss DbD over to the second monitor, launch Overwatch on my main monitor, and let DbD sit there until the survivor got sick of it and finally left. I would run both games and lag in neither.

When that had to happen, I would get three to five Overwatch matches played before they finally left and ended my DbD match. That's an average of 30 to 50 minutes.

EGC and what we have now prevents that. And it came about specifically because of that player behavior.

Thank the trolls in our community for EGC and how it is now, which BHVR said isn't going to be changed because it achieved its goal: it stopped that behavior.