Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Does anyone know a fix for this Xbox problem?

Options

Most of the time when I start up dead by daylight my Xbox crashes and the start screen but on other times it crashes on the screen when it shows the stuff with Mori and maps stuff and all that it crashes. I think it has to do with the smoke in the background maybe it’s too much for my Xbox to handle. Does anyone know if there is a fix? I can’t play the game most of the times I want to because of this.

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@bigxangelx1

It could be the age of the xbox, and or the abuse its gone through in the past.

What I mean is, it could be an actual issue with the xbox itself where it can't render or process certain things that're happening in-game for DBD or other games also. This could be because the xbox is just old and has seen better days, or something in the past is causing it to fail.

You can try seeing if its the xbox itself that's having issues at a local retailer (somewhere that isn't gamestop if you're lucky, if no place like this exists that does console repairs, gamestop does.)

I must ask though, is this only with DBD? Or does other games do this as well as of late?

• bigxangelx1
    bigxangelx1 Member Posts: 3
    Options

It’s only dead by daylight. I clean my console regularly and I have a friend that has the same problem I also found a guy on reddit with the same problem. Another person on reddit told me that it’s because the game performs poorly and it pushes the GPU to its limit and that’s what causes it and I think it’s that because the Xbox turns into a jet engine once I’m at the start up screen with all the smoke in the background and when I start the game and it renders everything

• bigxangelx1
    bigxangelx1 Member Posts: 3
    Options

@FireHazard Look at the other comment i posted

• FireHazard
    edited September 2019
    Options

@bigxangelx1 One more thing before I can answer this question, is the Xbox fairly new? Like is it past the first few generations, or is it one of the first xbox ones that were released?

• FireHazard
    edited September 2019
    Options

@bigxangelx1 Let me just answer it without having to wait for an answer on the question above.

The best I can find on this issue is that it is a common console issue, especially on xbox, and the best suggestions it gives is to try to sign out and sign back in, reset your console, see if the console has any updates, or uninstall and reinstall the application. Usually uninstalling and reinstalling the game sometimes works.

Hopefully the suggestions I put above will help, if not, try searching around more for the issue, as it seems to be a niche issue, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the xbox one you have, it could be because it a older model and can't handle the game.

OR it could be because the game in-general isn't optimized well on console (which isn't a surprised) and can't handle the game...