Killers, what honor code, if any, do you have?

2»

Comments

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

I don't run noed or camp. Thats my honor code tbh

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461

Killers have the ability to completely shut down a survivor's game, survivors can't really do the same in response.

If I put someone on a hook with Bubba, and I don't feel like letting them down, they're not getting down. If I decide to carve up one particular survivor first like Jack the Ripper, and they can't outrun me, they're done. If I bring a mori and use it early in the match, also done.

There are a lot of ways that survivors can make a killer's life hell, but they can't just be like "nah fam, you don't get to play in this one". Even if I'm getting rolled hard by SWF, I still get to play my character. I don't load up, sit in queue, and burn an offering just to be told I'm not allowed to participate in that match.

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461

Reading some of the responses to this thread, in conjunction with hearing some of the stories from survivor mains in other threads about how some killers behave, I'm starting to feel like a bit of a boy scout.

Honestly, I just hate playing survivor and I don't see how or why anyone enjoys it. I'm shocked that there are so many people who do. I feel like it behooves me to embrace an element of sportsmanship because, as a killer, I need them more than they need me.

There aren't many games of this type, I enjoy being able to play a killer or monster kind of character, and I want the survivors to keep coming back so I can keep killing them.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

Anything goes so long as I win and I have fun. Preferably I like others to enjoy the game as well though.

Except killing baby Dwight's or any very obviously new players.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

No camping.

If a survivor gets hook farmed, i go for the unhooker.

If a survivor is friendly, i may give him the escape.

If i see an OoO, i have to teach them a lesson by tunnel. Maybe they stop bringing this horribly bad designed perk.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    edited September 2019

The only thing I refuse to do as killer is camp. It's boring and I don't get many points from it. Other than that I play how I want, I don't play by the survivor rulebook. I guess I have a sort of reverse honor code though: if a survivor gets cocky and teabags, I do everything in my power to make sure that they die.

• DaRealxFactor
    DaRealxFactor Member Posts: 30

Period. The end. 😂😂😂

(80% Survivor Main Here) lol

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    edited September 2019

I have a few rules I like to follow

If someone is unhooked right in front me I'm gonna hit them, if they have BT then good, more stacks for STBFL, if they go down then I let them be and go chase the other, can't say I 100% tunneled and I have 2 or more people busy

The other rule I usually use, unless I had a bad day or something like that, is that if someone DCs early on I will go easy on them until one gen pops, after that i go back to hunting

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    • I don't tunnel or camp the person on the hook.
    • If someone DCs, I might let the survivors live. Depends if I want points more than a meme match.
  • Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

If I see a survivor being blocked in, locker pointed or revealed by a doofus survivor...I have a hook with 'doofus survivor' written all over it.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,764

This is gonna sound really bad and like I lose games a whole lot but I typically try to abide by the following:

-Don't facecamp or camp intentionally whatsoever before endgame - during endgame patrolling is fine but not like hardcore camping.

-Don't tunnel on purpose- if you down the same survivor twice in a row then slug em and find someone else

-Don't be an ass to survivors, they won't be an ass to you

-Be as nice as possible in post-game chat

-Encourage others to play as fair as they can

-If I feel bad for them I'll farm for a bit but end up with them all on hook most of the time.

• Pigster
    Pigster Member Posts: 137

If Survivors dont even really try to survive, i feel a bit bad for them and give them a second chance, sometimes even the hatch. But this usually happens after rank reset. Usually i play "fair"(no tunneling, etc) , so that everyone has fun. But if they annoy me too much(for example: the usual recognizable toxic survivor) , i sometimes ignoring this "fair play" honor code too.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Can I just say that @Doddle28 says it how I feel. Don't camp intentionally before endgame and don't tunnel on purpose.

Sometimes a survivors own bad luck will lead them to been found very soon after an unhook. I feel a little guilty about re-hooking them the second time but the third time I'll pick them up and then let them go.

However, when you have played nice but have no kills and there is only one gen left, some friendly light tunneling seems appropriate. Everyone has had time to have some fun and earn some points.

• yoyoyo
    yoyoyo Member Posts: 46

I never use mories or very strong addons

• Hag.is.Dtier
    Hag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398
    edited September 2019

"Honor code", I'm a killer who assaults people and sacrifices them to an evil god. I'm not a knight in shining armour.

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

Baby dwights always get hatch. Always.

Or if there's 2 dcs I just farm with the remaing two

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

in short: NONE!!!

SV have none for Killers. So why should we have one for them?

• During a standoff between the last 2 survivors, if I notice one survivor is desperately trying to get the other survivor killed, I immediately beeline for that survivor and get the killed survivor to the hatch or exit.

I also face camp if collapse is coming, might as well confirm at least ONE kill.

• MemberBerry
    MemberBerry Member Posts: 394

I used to let Jane's escape as the last survivor, but once I started playing Jane myself, I've stopped respecting everything.

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

I always try to 3 hook people

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    edited September 2019

I usually Tunnel down people who sandbag.

If your a good survivor with a ######### team I'll probably let you go.

And no, I'm not gonna tunnel or camp you unless I have too.

I make these rules up for myself mainly because well I wouldn't enjoy it if it were to happen to me. Too much [BAD WORD] in this world that are so selfish.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

I believe in making my lobbies fun for everyone and having some actual sportsmanship. I simply don't see the fun in being a jerk and ruining the game for everyone

I have a number of self made guidelines I like to follow

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

Don't talk trash we will do what we want. We don't need to listen to the toxic survivors book of rules for killers.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

@douggie123 That's great. No one said you have to.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

If someone dcs and the last doesnt give up, I'll give them hatch.

If they OBVIOUSLY farmed or led me to another survivor, the tattler/farmer always gets the punishment.

That's about it.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

I won't tunnel when I have the choice. I only camp toxic survivors, normal survivors will have a great time against me. And well, that's about it.

• Ravean
    Ravean Member Posts: 98

As a Killer I don´t follow any specific code. I usually try to play fair. I don´t ever facecamp or hardcore patrol and I don´t tunnel. As for the tunneling... I might tunnel if a certain survivor T-Bags me galore or proofes in any way that he want´s to f*** around with me, but I still won´t facecamp. The only time I ever unintentionally might camp is if one is hooked and the whole swat team shows up right in there to unhook.

As a survivor I loop and I juke and I don´t think there´s anything toxic about it... I never T-Bag. I also don´t click around with flashlight´s to give the killer the "come at me bro" hint. Actually I never take flashlights unless I find them in the match.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237
    edited September 2019

Im an advocate of survivor-killer equality.

As much as survivors focus on generators with progress, I'll chase down injured prey if they happen to come across me before their healthy, but stupid unhookers.

Camping and tunneling are decided on the whims of survivors, so theres rather no sense in caring about those terms.

If a survivor gets downed by such a strategy, isnt its viability against such caliber of survivor proven?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

If I literally dominated a team, and 1 survivor is left

I'll spare him/her

• derperson
    derperson Member Posts: 130

If I down everyone and 5 gens are left, I'll let one wiggle free, and run to a corner. I'll let them all heal to at least injured state before I dig in again.

I avoid tunneling unless i get BMs or see a survivor trying to screw over another survivor.

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594

My honour code is kill.

I see a Survivor, I kill them. I’ll do anything to get the job done. There’s no reason to ever let them escape.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

But you cant write in the killer rule book. that's illegal!

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

*throws book in nearby fire barrel"

I see this as an absolute win!

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

1) If at least two people disconnected a match I will phone with the last two a bit and let them escape.

2) I will personally go off to anybody who plays immersed when there's only two people left you know the type of people those who wait for the hatch and just hopes the other person dies. (If you're not going to at least try to work for your escape then the person who's working for it is going to leave and I'm going to just hunt you down)

3) unless a person is an immersed douchebag I talked about above do not sell them out if there in a locker that is sure fire way to earn yourself a camping

• 8obot1c

that book was made with inflammable metal and paper. Not an absolute win!

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
  • As long as its not a raider that spams stunning taps or a light-spammer orochi, im gonna respect the honor co- wait this isn't for honor.

• 8obot1c

lol you threw it off of human fall flat map.

*Drops on ground in front of you*

• Pugpablo123
    Pugpablo123 Member Posts: 115

After placing a survivor on the hook, I immediately leave and go to the other side of the map. I then face the corner until somebody unhooks them, at which point I will thoroughly apologize.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

My code is simple.

Never camp. Never tunnel. Always play seriously but if you're gonna let them go for whatever reason show mercy at the end.

I actually usually just let survivors go because I'm a survivor main. But I've had cases where i stomped the survivors so bad they suicided on hook. Why they do that, I was gonna let them farm and leave since I already finished my killer daily.

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302

I don't put on the hook survivor that was hooked a seconds ago and just happened for me to meet him. Survivor can die on the floor or get healed by a teammate, I don't care.

I don't facecamp, but I will camp the area near the hook after all gens are done.

I don't tunnel in a meaning that I try to kill one specific person at all cost.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172

My killer rule book (Hag main, red rank);

1- Do not camp BUT you are allowed to patrol the hook within a 36m radius.

2- Do not conciouscly go for the unhook or already injured survivor. Go for the first trap triggered or first scratch marks you find.

3- Insidious is allowed but must remain at least 26m away. This is mainly in hope the rescuer doesn't crouch thinking you're away and triggers a trap.

4- If all but one survivors have been killed within the first 5-7 mins farm with the last one and let them escape if they complied.

5- You are allowed any trap placement even during chases but do not trap the hatcht.

6- If you receive hate mail after a succesful trial, you are allowed to tell them to "crouch u noob" or "GG easy" but do not send death threats or any wishes of mortal diseases.

• Eternal0088
    Eternal0088 Member Posts: 53

I always only tunnel and camp the last survivor to ready up in the lobby. Oh? What's that? Making everyone wait a minute so you can play with your bloodweb? Nah brah. You ded.

Everyone else can live. Mind you, if I see more than 1 person not readied up by the 20 sec mark I swap to nurse and those couple people are dead. Guarenteed.