Buff Hex: Thrill of the Hunt

The devs have added the oblivious status affect and with my previous thoughts on a buff toward the perk that requires other perks to be good, Hex: Thrill of the Hunt, it would be a great time to see this perk shine. My old thoughts on buffing Hex:TotH was to make the notifications not just happen on other Hex totems, but also dulls as well to make it a better stand alone perk. Now with the oblivious status affect out, I am thinking having both the notifications on all totems (dull and hex) and apply the oblivious status on someone cleansing any totems (dull or hex). Give the thrill back into this hunt Devs. The game has been taught to too many thru YouTube and guides that it seems we lost the Horror aspect of this game.

Thoughts? Too powerful of an idea on an almost dead perk or not.

Comments

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172
    edited September 2019

Idk what you mean dead perk ? It's part of my main Hag build (red rank)

Ain't nobody touching my totems pervs!

• Demonented
    Demonented Member Posts: 27
    edited September 2019

This perk may be used as just a protector for other Hex perks. Mainly if you go with a build of more then one (if not all) Hex perks, people use this. My point of this isn't to say that it is useless, but that it is only really used in pair with another perk. There is no other perk that 100% requires another perk to be a bit useful. My idea on its change would make it a perk that can be a stand alone effect and not be just a buff to other perks.

• Demonented
    Demonented Member Posts: 27

ALMOST dead perk. A perk that uses a slot but only is a buff for other perks is a waste. Sure, with a hag and all Hex perks (or more then just ruin), it would be ideal to have Hex:TotH in your build. But not as useful as just pressuring them and building the score.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

My suggestion would be to just make it not a hex perk. Everyone cleanses totems anyway, so having one that governs the slowdown of the cleansing just doesn't need to exist.

• phantasmal
    phantasmal Member Posts: 144

A perk that uses a slot but only is a buff for other perks is a waste

You could run it to trick people into thinking you have an actual dangerous totem so they waste time looking for it. Not optimal but there is a use for the naked ToTH

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172

All I'm saying is that it's useful. If anything just for the fact it can make survivors cleanse the wrong totem.

My Build with the Hag;

1- Hex: haunted ground

2- Hex: Ruin

3- Hex: Thrill of the hunt

4- Spies from the shadows

So yeah my build is almost all hex. It maybe why I find it incredibly useful the way it is.