idea to make The third seal "worthy" being a hex perk

So this idea came up to my mind as i was reading a discussion about the "new" status effects. i think it might be to strong on killers like Nurse or spirit but that would need to be tested.

My idea was to let third seal not only trigger blindness status but also the oblivious status.

Since blindness itself is a nearly useless status effect (except on slug builds) i dont think third seal is "worthy" enough to be a hex perk if you compare it to ruin or noed.

Survivors would need to be much more aware of their surroundings(since they cant hear TR anymore while the hex is active) and it would give the killer an effect to actually work with to down unaware survivors. Also it would now not be completly useless against swf (since swf doesnt need aura reading).

Like i allready stated, i see a problem in this idea being way to powerfull on nurse.

ps: why is huntress lullaby even a hex. its effect is useless against good survivors (like third seal atm)

Please let me know what you think :)

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited September 2019

"My idea was to let third seal not only trigger blindness status but also the oblivious status."

Before even reading your post this is EXACTLY my same idea upon reading your title.

Blindness should be baked in with Oblivious. This would make it actually strong and worthy of being a Hex I agree.

Yeah it would be potentially too strong on Nurse, but what isn't? Balancing around 1 outlying killer isn't a good idea in the first place.

I'd love this change.