Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why is fog so important in the world of the entity?

grayon444
grayon444 Member Posts: 757

From what i see it's a way of knowing that the entity is always there ''with you'' during every trial you ever get into and it watches your every move.I think it's also a very crucial part of the ritual which is able to abduct people from the real world to the realms.

Comments

• Pandamonium
    Pandamonium Member Posts: 77

Well, fog is a symbol for obscurity and uncertainty, meaning that it could represent how survivors do not know what awaits them during their trial, but that's a wild guess. What you said is probably the fog's importance though.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

@Yung_Slug Given some of the Entity's choices, I think it might be vaping some of that THC crap. 🤣

• Pugpablo123
    Pugpablo123 Member Posts: 115

I believe that the fog has three purposes in the world of the Entity.

1. Offer a way that the Entity can spy on the survivors without them knowing that they are being watched.
    2. 2. To disorientate survivors so they are unaware of what map they are being transported to, and what killer they are facing.
    3. 3. To transport survivors into different trials against their will.
  • End_of_Slayer
    End_of_Slayer Member Posts: 146

The fog is what the Entity uses to strip the characters of their memories. Devs stated on the anniversary stream that the Prisoner can probe the fog and pull memories from it to give to the characters. The fog also coincidentally is how the Entity takes its victims. Ghostface, Ash, Jeff, Legion, can’t exactly remember if Spirit saw fog or not, I think she just passed out from blood loss.

• aderpymuffin
    aderpymuffin Member Posts: 97

It works as a gateway. It's main reason of importance is the ability to take Killers and Survivors without drawing attention from itself. The reason fog ran in during Kate's abduction was because Kate was well-liked, bringing the possibility of somebody visiting her at anytime. It also makes the survivor lost, making the abduction a lot easier as the survivor or killer likely won't find their way out.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

The fog is to cast obscurity onto a trial or the campfire's bounds. In a trial, this is done so survivors and killers can't see across the map, thus making it a game of cat and mouse rather then owl and mouse. Outside of the trial's it's used to obscure what I like to call "The dead-lands", where no plants grow, and it's just rough dirt, and to stop survivors from attempting escape on the premise that they have no idea what awaits them except the shadow of presumably a killer.

• bummer_bloops
    bummer_bloops Member Posts: 27

I believe that the fog allows for the entity to stay unclear and ambiguous to those currently occupying the realm. I believe that the entity IS the realm, stuff like end game collapse and the summoning of the entity through sacrifice help back this up. And the implementation of the fog allows it to build the realms and worlds around the players without them actually realising it

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

I kinda view The Entity's fog functioning sort of like the Red Mists of Ravenloft from Dungeons and Dragons.

Oddly enough there are a LOT of similarities between Ravenloft and The Entity...

Kidnapping people it finds shiny, taking/creating parts of the world that exist outside it, lots of fog, and when you get taken you can never leave.

Unless you're Soth and then you can leave due to the powers of Red Tape lol.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

every thing we see in the game, every object, maps, the fog, among others are made of auric cells, I dare to say that every October in the world of the entity an accumulation of auric cells is created, from which they are created Pustula flowers, perhaps auric cells can create life as shown by the creation of meat masses and from which survivors extract auric cells, but in the end it is a disease that only affects the entity in October.🎃

• ThymeWilltell
    ThymeWilltell Member Posts: 11

I like to think that the fog is something that acts as a gateway. It's there when survivors and killers are taken into the Entity's realm, it transports them to trials, surrounds the exit gate exits and there's a lot of black fog around the Hatch. It would also link into how the fog latches onto memories, 'transporting' them between the original person and then someone else.

And seeing as the Hatch wasn't made by the Entity, it's probably just a tool that it uses, rather than something that is distinctly OF the Entity.

Also, a lot of the killers that 'phase' between realities - such as Wraith, Spirit and Nurse - have a fog like edge on the side of their vision. Even stealth killers like the Pig have that edge when the Red Stain and Heartbeat radius is removed.

The Fog is probably key to escaping the Entity's realm, honestly.