Will there be a developer update this month regarding optimization?

Earlier this year, in march to be exact, your team posted this quote:

Is there any update on this progress? Time has passed quite a bit since this post was submitted and I haven’t seen any updates on this specific goal. Are you planning to release a developer update soon regarding this goal?

@Patricia @Peanits @not_Queen

Answers

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I don't need 60 fps. I would be happy if the game would run well at 30 fps without performance lags/freezes.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited September 2019

I would like to know as well. It's been a while since we had news about it, but probably they've been buisy with dedicated servers.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

I would love 60fps, but for now i at least want a stable 30fps. Most games i feel as though my fps is dipping so low, it actually nauseates me to turn my camera because its so choppy.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I would like a feature where we can have a slider on graphics! :)

This can boost FPS for everyone, and the community always wanted a graphics option instead of modifying files.

• NoShinyPony

You are probably playing on PC and don't know how bad the situation on console is. Believe me, it's very very bad. I usually play on PS4 and since this weekend is free-to-play, I seized the opportunity and tested DbD on PC. It's a completely different world.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

There are graphics settings. Not in depth but the Low-Medium-High thing is a graphics slider. You can also lower the rendering resolution -- it's an actual slider and it makes a difference in your framerates.

Problem is the game is really just bad for what it is. Can't expect anything that looks as bad as this game to run as bad as it does. This game has PS2-level graphics at Low Settings and it still runs worse than a gorgeous game like, say, Overwatch.

And there are levels and certain effects that are just murder on the framerates. The entire Ormond map is bad for frames, and Freddy's Dreamworld also murders the framerates.

It's crazy how they manage to break stuff-- especially when Dreamworld used to be buttersmooth.

• NoShinyPony

Also the game was fine performance-wise on console in 2017. With DbD becoming more successful, you would think that the performance would get better over the course of months/years but instead it gets worse with almost every update.

Why are the first realms (MacMillan, Coldwind, Autohaven) significantly better than the newest map performance-wise? Shouldn't the devs have more experience and be able to make better maps now than a couple of years ago? It just doesn't make sense.

• NoShinyPony

I don't like the aesthetics of the new map at all, but that just comes down to personal taste, so nothing to argue here. 🙂

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    edited September 2019

I play on PS4, and I do have a PC account for PTB access only. You don’t seem to understand that the 2 are tied together. With one, you get the other, which was my point. However, I am most likely leaving the game, as BHVR has broken their last promise. What they broke with the engine update in November 2018, still hasn’t been fixed.

In fact, things have only gotten worse. The audio occlusion has completely broken audio for killers, and was completely broken with the Ash update. There are absolutely no survivor footsteps, for most survivors, on most of the maps. There is buggy sounds where a specific survivor’s footsteps, can be heard on a specific map, while in a specific area, but that’s like 2% of what we’d been hearing for over 2 years. While at the same time making the killer’s footsteps so loud that they blast your eardrums.

Plus, do you remember that they made it so that all hook auras could be seen, even when nothing is obscuring their view? Well, that same November 2018 update broke that, and they could care less. It’s going to be funny when 250K+ PS4 players leave the game to play Predator: Proving Grounds, and BHVR is forced in bankruptcy. They’ve only had 1 successful game, and that game is coming to its end.

Post edited by Kaelum on