Option to block players

There should be an option to block players we don't want to play with and or against

blocking people on steam does nothing, learn from overwatch and do better

Comments

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

There should be a "do not play with" list but it would be limited. Max of 3 players blocked at any time, and it will remove players automatically after like 72 hours. This way you can avoid that one killer you keep getting over and over that is being toxic, or a survivor that you just don't want to keep dodging for whatever reason. That would help the game a LOT, but not break MM where no one could find games.

• Wuhelm
    Wuhelm Member Posts: 260

The people who do not want this are the toxic people that would have no one to play with solving alot of problems in one go. Stating people will be block for no reason does not matter as they do not want to play with you to begin withband will more than likely DC in game hurting others. If they abuse it then in the end they will have no one to play with. This should be implemented immediately. Remember people who do not want this are the ones that are toxic.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited September 2019

This would be abused into the ground.

You don't like a killer's build block them

A fellow survivor made a specific mistake that you didn't like block them.

A group of survivors steamrolled you like it was nothing block them

A killer steamrolled you like it was nothing block them.

Someone used a specific killer you don't like block them

Mori, insta heal, key that's a blocking

Killer nodded or Survivor teabagged blocked

Honestly I could go on all day but I think you get the point.

I love Dead by daylight but trust me over 50% of the community is more than toxic enough to end up doing this sooner or later and it's going to be a situation where people are whining that they can't find matches because they block them

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

There's a reason Overwatch has a limited amount of players you can set to "avoid as teammate", and they had to get rid of the more classic "avoid player" system for the reason posted above - people basically used it to pre-emptively dodge people on the other team because they were too good. With a limit and it being exclusively for teammates you're more likely to use the limited slots for what it's intended for.

I'd love if people actually reserved it for genuinely unpleasant players, but there's no doubt in my mind that people would use it to block people that beat them fair and square, or for breaking some personal rule they're trying to force on others ("waaaah killer used NOED, block!", "waaah survivor used DS, block!" or whatever else)

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

So they'd ban every Killer then? Cause 95% of Killers run Ruin unless its a build or if its Billy or Nurse

• aazimuth
    aazimuth Member Posts: 190

Just use MLGA and block pings of people you don't like to play with, its that simple.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,333

You'd have no one being able to find a match. The game would have to constantly find 5 ppl who arnt on each other's block list.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

Be warned if you do use MLGA, can get banned from the cheat software EAC. DBD white listed it but EAC will still pick it up and nothing DBD can do.

• oxygen

Eh, MLGA doesn't actually interact with DBD whatsoever. All the information it finds can be found with any network monitoring application, MLGA just streamlines the process and puts it on an overlay. I don't really see how EAC would ever detect it.

Not that it matters, it won't work once dedicated servers are implemented anyway.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

Yea dedicated servers will take care of a lot of things. But, ya know...Soon™

• Spicybarbecue
    Spicybarbecue Member Posts: 183

blocking survivors method for killers(can't click on the killers profile)

step 1- block the person/persons on steam

step 2- click on profiles in lobby

step3- check to see if "add friend" is faded out, if so, you have blocked this person

step4-dodge lobby.

this is the easiest method I have found to block SWF groups ,who you should NEVER, EVER play against.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

on top of that, imagine a streamer witchhunting a killer / survivor that beat them and telling their community to block said person in their game.

that person would have huge lobby waiting times, just for beating streamer XY or using a build the streamer disagrees with and therefore are now blocked by, lets say 2.000 players.

im not saying that would be a likely case, though it could happen, which is something we shouldnt allow.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

Especially with a community like this, you still get players reporting others for playing the bloody game

Now imagine what they would do with something that actually works, as sad as it is to say

This community could never wield anything like this responsibly not when it hosts so many toxic players on both sides

• aazimuth
    aazimuth Member Posts: 190

MLGA has never been bannable and never will be. Dedicated servers will change nothing with it too besides making the software useless since killers will no longer be hosting lobbies. Stop spreading rumors like that because there was a point everyone thought it was bannable; just like custom perk icons and flashlight macros.

• raquelambersantiago
    raquelambersantiago Member Posts: 373

old post but I agree but this was one of the reasons they implemented the dedicated servers to stop players being able to block other players. Untile they get sued like World of Warcraft did over a stalker that killed his real life gf with a restraining order and they allowed him to continue to stalk her in game which turne dinto real life they wont listen. They are violationg soo many laws in other countries because of not allowing players to block people they don't want to play with.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

There are WAY too many knee-jerk reactions for this to be okay. Just look at the forum posts here!

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

This would totally be abused.

However, my suggestion would be to make a block list, where you can block up to five people (don't know if this is even possible). But this way you could block five people you totally don't ever want to play with again. Due to the limited number it could not really get abused.

• oxygen

Yeah, I agree with this.

And endless block list would lead to the good old "waaah this person too good :(( i block them" stupidity, a limited amount of slots would encourage people to reserve it for the people they really don't want to play against. If people want to waste that slot on someone because they used a perk they don't like that's their decision, but then they can't complain when they run out of slots when they run into someone genuinely taking the game hostage that isn't banned yet for it.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited August 2020

This option would be heavily abused.

This person mains a killer I don't like blocked.

This Survivor ran me around for 5 gens blocked.

This Killers steamrolled us before we could even get a gen done blocked

They used an add-on I don't like blocked

You see the theme.

If you're using overwatch as an example blocking someone only prevents them from playing with you not against you.

If you want to prevent people from playing with you and against you as I said the system would be abused.

If like overwatch you just wanted to be to stop them from playing with you then it would only benefit survivors

Post edited by Volfawott on
  • kayaterachi
    kayaterachi Member Posts: 3

They have implanted this new system of block list, but it doesn't work after a certain time, and you can't see the block list..... It's ridiculous.