small theory, probably nothing

Options
Mookywolf
Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

so, ive been getting more and more into the lore recently. and with halloween nearing, i of course was interested in what the lore behind the hallowed blight was. so i went onto the wiki and just read over everything... and something popped into my head when i read this quote:

23 October - Experiment

I'm close to death, I can feel it. When I returned to the laboratory, I started experimenting with the putrid nectar and distilled it into a foul serum. But I made a terrible mistake. I injected the serum into a dead rodent, whose pupils dilated, and its body shook. I tried to restrain it, but the creature bit into my arm, ripping my wound open. I stopped the bleeding, but I fear the damage is done.

so he injects the serum into a dead rat and it suddenly comes alive. well, look at what we have in the brand new map, nearly one year later

we now have small rats that live inside the new hooks. i dont really know anything about Stranger Things, i dont know if rats have any significance at all to the upside down, but, i thought i'd bring this up for those who understand the lore better than i and may be able to figure out something with it.

Comments

• Pugpablo123
    Pugpablo123 Member Posts: 115
    Options

The Mind Flayer in Stranger Things uses rats as hosts so that it can interact with others outside of the upside down. Perhaps that the Entity is controlling the rats to serve an end to its means, and it was able to infect them through this vial full of entity juice. Just an idea.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

Side note here: 2020 is the Chinese Year of the Rat.

• BigFatClown
    BigFatClown Member Posts: 45
    Options

Crows are said to be servants of the entity, and as Pugpablo said the Mindflayer from ST uses rats as servants. Maybe the entity is using this idea? Perhaps we’ll see them with a purpose in the future.