Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Hex Totem in new map?

Options

I am not sure whether or not this is a bug, but has anyone else experienced not being able to find the hex totem in the new laboratory map? Obviously, the hex totems spawn in different areas (one being close to the exit doors), but in a recent game, it wasn't there and we could not find it anywhere. We even asked the killer and after a few seconds they didn't answer and then left. Knowing how dark the map is, finding the hex totem should not have been difficult... So, again, has anyone else experienced this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
    Options

I think he left because he didn't care.

• lazytension
    lazytension Member Posts: 56
    Options

Thanks for the unhelpful comment, bud.

• Incurable_BOFA
    Incurable_BOFA Member Posts: 105
    Options

Maps that are typically more enclosed like The Game, Lerys (not as much) and now Hawkins tend to have totems that are harder to spot. I've been having to get use to some of the placements but they seem to be pretty well hidden.

I know they sometimes spawn next to the exit gates in the corners, in between the railing of loops and behind the barrels of the larger areas.

There's one that usually spawns in the big main laboratory room with all the upside down stuff inside it, either behind the barrels on the bottom floor or up top on the ledge that you have to run onto.

• lazytension
    lazytension Member Posts: 56
    Options

Thanks for the reply. However, when you say "worked up", I'm not worked up that there is a hex totem (..okay, maybe just a little). I'm worked up that it takes 4 people to look for it and die in the process, and the ultimate outcome is that we still hadn't found it. Since I also main as killer, the hex totems should not be right in your face, but also shouldn't be impossible to find. My "theory" is that the hex totem never spawned because, again, we looked EVERYWHERE. However, I'm not really seeing any other posts about it so it's possible my theory is just that.

I also appreciate your reply with the different perks and add-ons to use. I was aware of the map add-ons but not the perks. I'll have to look into those.