The fact that ruin is used so much, is a testament that the game is not balanced and poorly designed

13»

Comments

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651
    edited September 2019

Ruin is inconsistent because it's a noob filter. Players who can hit great skill checks or just know where to find ruin make short work of generators with or without it up, and players who flounder around while its active lose time. That's all it does.

Ruin is just glorified Overcharge. Any skill-check-based perk - or any perk/power you let survivors interact with, in the end, is a noob filter. Ruin is the Plague's power, cross-killer. A good survivor group will make you feel like you just gave up your perk/power slot for nothing, and it stomps bad survivors / new players / whoever bhvr is trying to get to spend more money on this games' microtransactions.

It doesn't work, but the game's balance is such a mess that ruin is a necessity for certain killers, and works well for many killer players. It's just like DS.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

So for every perk on meta theyre a evidence for unbalanced gameplay? Such a poor logic.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

I never use Ruin and still win plenty of matches. 4 perks every game.

• nick_larking
    nick_larking Member Posts: 31

The biggest issue for me with ruin is the randomness, as is the case with most hexes. I rather have Ruin be a perk that lasts for X hooks or something.

Ruin is almost mandatory against red ranks (especialy if you play "nice") and you'll be happy if it lasts longer than 1 hook against them.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140
  • Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited September 2019

If you want to talk average player, let's talk about the average survivor who isn't skilled enough to Gen rush and loop and can be beaten by any killer. That's without ruin.

Sorry, your argument is rejected.