The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should Freddy be buffed or reworked?

So I read a guide about Freddy and it showed the best addon combos and best perks. Now I believe he is a good killer with the right addons, but at his core he is weak. So should the devs buff his overall power with no changes to the addons, or give him a rework or buff his power and nerf his addons. What do you guys think? Also I want to hear it from experienced players who are at least rank 10 and lower so I don't have to hear Freddy is op lol. Thanks.

Comments

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    He is simultaneously the weakest Killer and the King of tunneling, if that doesnt scream rework idk what does.
  • ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192

They could change the way you play him. Earlier this week I saw someone's idea about when the Exit Gates are powered, Freddy comes out of the Dream World, similar to his movies. He can hit Survivors and down them outside of the Dream World, but could still pull them in to hinder them, but there would be no point unless there was a slow, which people in the Dream World should be indefinitely Hindered while they're stuck in there. Freddy needs a power rework, and he needs to feel power, and getting out of the Dream World should be top priority for Survivors, even if it means doing something like removing action speed from Survivors that are pulled in, or the aforementioned indefinite slow. The Dream World needs to be an actual THREAT, to Survivors, to the point where getting out too late could mean death.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Reworked. His current design is stupid, and his lullaby is still broken to this day. Invisible killer? ######### genius. You can't reliably stealth against him, and one meta perk can screw him over a lot with RNG, which is another problem: RNG can also completely lock survivors out of dealing with him. I've spent over a minute on a generator trying to get a skill check before, and other times had one instantly. There's no consistency anywhere in his power in that regard. So, he definitely needs a rework.

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    Rework. Shouldn't even need to be said. He's not fun for either side, 7 goddamn seconds to enter dream world at base is pathetic and the person that thought that would be a good idea should be slapped with a 2 feet tall dildo. Also his power isn't representative of who and what freddy is. They should just take him back to the drawing board and change everything about him.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Eninya said:

Reworked. His current design is stupid, and his lullaby is still broken to this day. Invisible killer? [BAD WORD] genius. You can't reliably stealth against him, and one meta perk can screw him over a lot with RNG, which is another problem: RNG can also completely lock survivors out of dealing with him. I've spent over a minute on a generator trying to get a skill check before, and other times had one instantly. There's no consistency anywhere in his power in that regard. So, he definitely needs a rework.

Lol are you high rank in dbd? These are only issues for low ranks. Literally no survivor I saw after maybe rank 14 had these complaints since freddy can chase only one person at a time, the others have chances to wake up, with gens and everyone running self care, waking up isn't an issue. I main survivor and Freddy/clown. Also, plenty stealth against freddy, takes map awareness.
  • Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266

@TryHardkiller1216 said:
    So I read a guide about Freddy and it showed the best addon combos and best perks. Now I believe he is a good killer with the right addons, but at his core he is weak. So should the devs buff his overall power with no changes to the addons, or give him a rework or buff his power and nerf his addons. What do you guys think? Also I want to hear it from experienced players who are at least rank 10 and lower so I don't have to hear Freddy is op lol. Thanks.

This game should be balanced around rank 1, if I were a developer I would forget the ranks 20, because they do not know much about the game and based on losing games and playing constantly you can become quite good, but if the game is balanced for 20 .... ranges 1 discriminate killers with many hours, so is the game.

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266

@Th3Nightmare said:

@TryHardkiller1216 said:

This game should be balanced around rank 1, if I were a developer I would forget the ranks 20, because they do not know much about the game and based on losing games and playing constantly you can become quite good, but if the game is balanced for 20 .... ranges 1 discriminate killers with many hours, so is the game.

So that said ... Freddy needs to be reworded and improved.

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

Defo rework. In my opinion ( and it is just my opinion ) his power doesn't even feel like a power it feels more like a map filter

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Reworked, hands down.
    Honestly I think his kit is mostly bs, balanced only by the fact that it is kinda weak.
    He's the only killer with which I think stealth isn't really an option: he's invisible, with just his annoying non directional lullaby, can walk around mindlessy with his power charged and if he by any chance meets a survivor, it doesn't matter how well he is hidden and if the killer actually saw him because the power will just activate, breaking his stealth.
    Then, infinite range aura reading limited only by his terror radius that can be reduced by insane amounts with addons, countered only by an RNG mechanic (which sucks for the survivor as much as for the killer).
    I'm generally a very stealthy player, but with him it's much more effective to just run as soon as you hear the lullaby, and since juking him is mostly useless thanks to the aura reading, looping is the most effective counter to him. He offers no variety at all.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

Both, I think healing skill checks shouldn't wake you from the dream state.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

he may be weak, but he is hands down the most unfun killer to play against. it is boring and frustrating and most freddys play the same. hook- wait- tunnel- repeat.

• meow
    meow Member Posts: 11

Freddy is awful against swf

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    The biggest issue I see with Freddy is that it's so easy to wake up that it essentially forces tunnelling, because the moment a survivor gets out of the chase they are back to being untouchable.  I think fixing the SC wake-up would make a huge difference.  Stopping actions while transitioning would also be a big help.  Lowering transition time to 4 seconds would mean several add-ons would need a re-work, though.
  • FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Im team rework cause doesn't feel like freddy unless he ######### with me in the dream realm.
  • FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    What if each add on let you choose what nightmare game wanted to play that match.
  • LRGamer
    LRGamer Member Posts: 160
    Increase Dream Transition Time
    Make him be able to walk through walls and obstacles but he can still be Stunned
    that would bring him to the Top 
    maybe remove the Selfcare wake up Skillchecks

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@LRGamer said:
    Make him be able to walk through walls and obstacles but he can still be Stunned

We are talking about a buff, not nerfing him further...

• LRGamer
    Tsulan said:

@LRGamer said:

Being able to walk through Walls and Obstacles even in a Chase
    Yeah sure a “Nerf”
    he would be better than Nurse
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

It’s very simple. No wake up from SC fails. Reduced dream transition, weaken related addons accordingly. No actions during dream transition but pallets, windows and hook saves. That’s all he really needs. For his addons though, remove the penalty on red paint brush, it’s not good enough to warrant slower move speed. For his black box, it should make it so there’s always one person in the dream state in addition to one starting there. So if that first guy wakes up, it will then make the next closest survivor on the map start to fall asleep and so on, so you always have at least 1 asleep.

• Tsulan

@LRGamer said:
    Tsulan said:

@LRGamer said:

Yeah sure a “Nerf”

Increase dream transition? I can´t wait to stand next to a survivor who finishes calmly the gen, totem, heals, unhooks, opens the gate, escapes, jumpes through the hatch while i just watch.
    Great idea! How about we make his dreamworld even darker, so he sure as hell will miss every survivor?!

• Tsulan

What he really needs:

• being able to interact with survivors while they are in transition. Meaning, he can grab them off a gen, totem, hook rescue, heal, or gate.
    • lullaby should be affected by terror radius affecting perks/add-ons.
    • waking yourself up should only occur if a survivor hits a perfect skill check. This would make a ton of perks useful for him, which are otherwhise utterly useless.
    • dreamworld should be lighter.
    • transition shorter
    • reverse the wait time nerf between transitioning several survivors.
    • survivors shouldn´t know if they are transitioning untill they are fully asleep.
  • LRGamer
    edited July 2018
    Tsulan said:

@LRGamer said:
    Tsulan said:

@LRGamer said:

Yeah sure a “Nerf”

Increase dream transition? I can´t wait to stand next to a survivor who finishes calmly the gen, totem, heals, unhooks, opens the gate, escapes, jumpes through the hatch while i just watch.
    Great idea! How about we make his dreamworld even darker, so he sure as hell will miss every survivor?!

BEING ABLE TO IGNORE LOOPS BY HAVNG THE ABILTY TO WALK THROUGH OBSTACLES AND WALLS
    SURVIVORS IN THE TRANSITION AND  DREAMWORLD HAVE A INCREASE OF 75% ON ALL ACTIONS
    SURVIVORS IN THE TRANSITION WILL BE UNABLE TO DO ANY ACTION OTHER THAN RUN OR VAULT OR DROP A PALLET
    REMOVE THE ABILITY TO WAKE UP BY MISSING A SELFCARE SKILL-CHECK
    AND TURN UP THE LIGHT IN THE DREAM WORLD 
    YOU CAN’T SEE SH*T IN THERE
    That should be it right
    Anythkng else, Mr Tsulan?
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Freddy should fully get reworked.
    The current form he has is just what everyone hates, aka looping, sandbagging, non-stealth and frustrating tunneling.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

Yes, a full rework and while theyre at it, replace him with the 1984 Freddy and replace Quentin with Glen!!!

It´s a dream of mine ;)

• Tsulan

@LRGamer said:
    Tsulan said:

@LRGamer said:

Tsulan said:

@LRGamer said:

Yeah sure a “Nerf”

BEING ABLE TO IGNORE LOOPS BY HAVNG THE ABILTY TO WALK THROUGH OBSTACLES AND WALLS
    SURVIVORS IN THE TRANSITION AND  DREAMWORLD HAVE A INCREASE OF 75% ON ALL ACTIONS
    SURVIVORS IN THE TRANSITION WILL BE UNABLE TO DO ANY ACTION OTHER THAN RUN OR VAULT OR DROP A PALLET
    That should be it right

Still don´t like the idea of walking through obstacles. You want to turn him into something OP.

• Tsulan

@Runiver said:
    The current form he has is just what everyone hates, aka looping, sandbagging, non-stealth and frustrating tunneling.

Freddy can be fun, if he´s played the way the devs envisioned him. Sadly they didn´t stick to that plan.
    If waking up wouldn´t be so easy, he would make a really good hit and run killer. Devs should balance this.
    When i play him, i tag everyone i see, chase them, hit them, then go for someone else nearby. That confuses survivors, since they are used to being tunneled by him. Once they start healing, i go back and finish them.

• LRGamer
    Tsulan said:

@LRGamer said:
    Tsulan said:

@LRGamer said:

Tsulan said:

@LRGamer said:

Yeah sure a “Nerf”

That should be it right

Still don´t like the idea of walking through obstacles. You want to turn him into something OP.

LRGamer said:
    Tsulan said:

@LRGamer said:
    Tsulan said:

@LRGamer said:

Yeah sure a “Nerf”

REMOVE THE ABILITY TO WAKE UP BY MISSING A SELFCARE SKILLCHECK
    That should be it right
    Anythkng else? 
    Mr Tsulan
    That‘s why he should have an increased Trasnition Time
    He wouldn’t be OP since he can‘t harm you until you’re in the Dreamworld 
    He would be feared and would require Teamwork (which should be the only Way to win an ASYMMETRICAL GAME)
    Every Killer except for the Nurse is wayyy too Weak
    And It would make up for Freddys Lore since he technically doesn’t exist
    He‘s just A Nightmare and that’s what this Buff Idea would turn him into
  • Runiver

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

Freddy can be fun, if he´s played the way the devs envisioned him. Sadly they didn´t stick to that plan.
    If waking up wouldn´t be so easy, he would make a really good hit and run killer. Devs should balance this.
    When i play him, i tag everyone i see, chase them, hit them, then go for someone else nearby. That confuses survivors, since they are used to being tunneled by him. Once they start healing, i go back and finish them.

LF can also be fun, the fact that half of them are just insidious camping/face camping with revved chainsaw, however...

• Tsulan

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

LF can also be fun, the fact that half of them are just insidious camping/face camping with revved chainsaw, however...

... is just a result of survivors complaining over BBQ instead of Insidious.

• Runiver

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

Shh, don't contredict survivor mains, killers aren't supposed to have strong perks. Even if it means no camping and a more back and forward game.

• Tsulan
    Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

@Tsulan said:

@Runiver said:

Shh, don't contredict survivor mains, killers aren't supposed to have strong perks. Even if it means no camping and a more back and forward game.

Nothing more to add.
  • azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Pirscher said:

Yes, a full rework and while theyre at it, replace him with the 1984 Freddy and replace Quentin with Glen!!!

It´s a dream of mine ;)

Buy them auric cells. We don't get top shelf movie killers until we pony up some cash
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited July 2018

Freddy just needs some buffs to be viable.
    1) Remove the fog and darkness from dream world. Leave the greyscale effect and strange particle effect that looks like ash though.
    2) Hitting survivor with Dream Demon should knock them out of an action (except pallets/vaults) sorta like Doc's shock. One of the most frustrating things to deal with as Freddy is to sit there and watch someone do a totem or heal a guy on the ground while you wait for them to fall asleep. It should only stop you for a second or 2, enough that survs treat it like the start of a chase and not last 7 seconds of god mode.
    3) His lullaby should be directional within 12m for survivors. And if you have been put to sleep at least once already then you will see flashes of him in the real world when within lullaby range, but it would be very low (like randomly once per 30 seconds maybe). Pill Bottle would prevent this from happening, and maybe Class Photo increases the chance (rather than increasing transition time as a downside), with PB taking priority. These changes would make it easier for survivors to know where he is, which is fair considering #1 as Freddy would be able to see you better when awake now.
    4) Skill check zones in dream world should be HUGE (except DS) so that it would be difficult to avoid them. This would force survivors to fail stuff to wake up but remove the whole mash button aspect in favor of turning the formula upside down. Survivors may not only accidentally hit skill checks because it's hard to avoid, but because they are pre-programmed to do them successful but need to fail it creates this event where they just instinctively do the skill check instead. I've done that normally a few times, but if the 'fail' zone was the size of a normal skill check zone and the skill check zone was like the whole circle that would really really screw with my mind. And since it's an inverse, any perks like Unnerving that make skill checks harder will still work, since the fail zone will just be smaller than normal.

And I'll repeat this again, but someone in another thread had the idea that when the gates are powered Freddy comes out of dream into the real world. I think this would be a very cool thing and would really fit his endgame design. It'd also still benefit from sleep since he can still use it to slow you down or track your aura. Plus if his TR carries over (and there's no lullaby) then M&A + paint brush will make a seriously terrifying endgame Freddy as he would simply have 0 TR AND he can just hit you. So scary.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Buffed.

But I'm a wierdo with good game awareness who actually tunes in to the sounds and cues the game gives me to avoid him.