Ideas on Gameplay Revision

Options

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums. I'm guessing there's probably a section for introductions and such but I don't really think I'd post here too often.

I've playing this game for about 2 months now and often also watching you tube videos of gameplay. During this time I've noticed that the current gameplay is lacking on so many aspects that when you win a game whether survivor or killer it rarely feels enjoyable.

The usual issues that everyone touches on are hitboxes, the ridiculous swf issues, dcs (I am guilty of this due to lack of interest in specific game situations) and GAMEPLAY. This game has the hilarity of a cartoon show.

So here's what I thought would help the game. First off I know I'll probably get some comments on this but I feel killers shouldn't have perks at all. Perks in this game tend to be a crutch instead of an ability to aid in a skillful approach. I'm not trying to nerf killers...well maybe a bit. Instead of perks I think that the effects Predator, Stridor and Bloodhound should be within every killers skill set. Killers should feel like the ultimate hunters. In order to make up for the removal of perks make their senses heightened.The more chases the killer goes through the higher the killer's senses get. Also I would do away with the killer needing to hit survivors twice as this tends to leave killers at a disadvantage. The abilities that each killer has is the change up in gameplay so I don't think perks are needed. Get rid of ebony moris they are way too unfair to play against. The killer should have to build up to the ability to insta kill giving way to skillful gameplay. Nerf killer speed, they should not be running throughout the map like gazelles and while you're at it get rid of red stains. We need killers to be able to sneak up on people. Getting back to killer speed they should be slightly faster then survivors but not at the current speed.

Now survivors need to have a decrease in speed as a chase goes on. As time goes so does survivor speed but not a huge decrease just a slight one. I would slightly increase the survivor's stealth as a chase goes on to balance out and give the survivor a chance at escaping. Probably make scratch marks go away quicker the longer the chase. Realistically that may pose an issue in combination with lightweight so that could be problematic.

Here's where all the crutch players lose their minds, let's get rid of all wall hack perks. Let's decrease pallets on maps to 2 or 3 per map.

Not sure what to do with exhaustion perks but they would be unfair unless once the effect takes place the survivor's speed decreases.

I've gone on for longer than I thought. Apologies to all for that but this game has great potential but it's not going to be realized the way it currently is. This tends to be more frustrating than fun. Let's make this a skill based game.

What does everyone think of the proposed ideas?

Comments

• Tiloup94
    Tiloup94 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hello I am a big fan of your game dead by daylight and I would like to propose a mode of game "murderous madness" which would be a big part with the double of player. Be 2 killers with 8 to 10 survivors on larger cards. I think it might be great to cooperate with another killer or other survivors and instead of 5 generators we would make 8 or 9 and 3 exit doors. Do you think that this could be interesting me I think that much of this kind would be very funny