The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

1 million BP Nurse, worth it?

Hello,

I only play with two characters, survivor as meg and as killer Ghost Face, I was thinking about getting a 3rd after final prestige meg and level up GF, so I was thinking about the nurse.

How good is the nurse at anti-looping?

Farming?

Frustration? (I like speed up kills or hits, basically action, I know the nurse is very slow and the col-down its quite long)

Comments

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

I would try Billy first:

Billy is easier to learn

a top tier killer who’s viable at all ranks

As for Nurse:

She is the most powerful killer in the game; However, nurse has a way harder learning curve and you can easily get discouraged trying to learn her.

Seeing as you mainly use Ghostface, I would work my way up to Nurse.

• ImmortalReaver
    ImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243

The uphill climb to learn nurse is by far the hardest thing you can do in dead by daylight but it has the most beautiful view once you do reach the top.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

That really depends on a someones playstyle, I personally find Nurse & Huntress easier to play than Billy. But yeah, Nurse is the better choice if you’re willing to put time into learning her.

• Hozh
    Hozh Member Posts: 84

Seems about right, I tried to play it once last week level one against 10+ ranks, didn't went that bad, even if by the time i didnt know I could blink twice, still I was able to kill 2 outta 4

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Nurse is getting nerfed so i avoid her for now

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

If you are patient nurse is very powerful, but maybe spirit is better to start with

• Nurse (hard learning curve), or spirit (decent learning curve).

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I would learn Spirit honestly, because Nurse will get nerfed and we don't know if she'll be viable after her nerfs yet.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

It's Nurse. Of course its worth it.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Anti-looping?

You don't loop a nurse mate. This is the main reason she's the best killer in the game.

Farming?

As others said, she pretty good. Kings and queens of farming still are doctor and legion

Frustation?

Nurse moves slowly, but everything else with her is rapidfire.

But she is hard to master, so that could be frustating

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

How good is the nurse with anti-looping? If you could ask the nurse, she would say "What is looping?". The Nurse is by far the best Killer in the game, Windows and pallets are more a deathtrap for survivors then actually helping them. She cant get looped or anything.

Farming with her is okay. The problem is, that once you know how to play nurse, you destroy survivors so quickly, that you wont gain a lot of bloodpoints. No chases, just genrus vs insane Kill potential. said that, you wont loose a game ever again, unless you play on Lerys

Frustation? A lot at the beginning. She is hard to learn, but once you know how she works and you have a feeling for her blinks, there is nothing (and i mean Nothing) that can stop you.

My conclouson: If your main goal is to get easy wins or bully SWF Teams, play the Nurse. If you wanna have decent gaming experience, play something else.

Spirit and Billy are Great Killers and you probably gain more with those.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

As other have stated the Nurse is the hardest to master but once you have her down she is the Queen of DBD for a reason.

If you do wish to learn her don't use add-ons as muscle memory is one of the greatest strengths with using her.

You can gain lots of points with her once you are competent but can struggle for them while learning her.

The best killers for farming points are Doc and Legion even if you don't kill as many.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

Nurses add ons are getting revised, her base kit (hopefully) wont be touched.

• Hozh
    Hozh Member Posts: 84

is it worth it playing her at level 1 basically along with no perks?

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

BHVR is currently taking a look at Nurses add-ons and making a "tweek" to her power (take that for what you will). The Dev team has announced this already.

My tip for learning how to play the Nurse is to avoid using add-ons until her base Blink speed/distance are memorized. Once you have a strong grasp of this you can apply add-ons as you like. My reasoning for avoiding add-ons at first, is to not become accustom to an add-on and struggle when you no longer have it. Nurse can perform really well without them in high ranks.

PROS TO NURSE: Once mastered (blinks) is the best killer in the game for pressure/ Power can ignore almost all loops/ Fast map traversal (not the fastest)/ Can end a chase quickly with blinks/ Add-ons are not needed to do well at high ranks/ Best skill cap killer with rewarding play once mastered.

CONS TO NURSE: Takes a long time to truly learn the feel of her blinks/ Struggles on maps with lots of walls (Lerys/ The game <---Not too bad/The new "Hawkens" map)/ Many people will simply Disconnect once they realize you are playing Nurse (due to her being the most powerful killer in trained hands)/ Her constant fatigue animation after every blink can get annoying after playing her for most matches (half the game is spent looking at the ground)/ Expect hate mail from salty and toxic players.

Honestly a fantastic choice for a Killer if you want to consistently shoot for 4k games or rank up to Rank 1. I wouldn't suggest pumping points into Nurse if you are a more casual player looking for a killer with fun builds.

PS: Her perk Nurses Calling is a great teachable worth unlocking.

*All of this is assuming you are on PC as Nurse on console is vastly different in terms of power/learning.*

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Yes she is one of the killers who can do extremely well even without perks in the right hands.

Personally I would pump some blood points into her to get some perks first depending on your ranks as it will make it easier less frustrating to start with. She is not for everyone but if you can master her you will enjoy her. Try her out and see how you get on.

She doesnt need any pallet or loop helping perks so concentrate more on tracking ones or which slow the game down as they give you time to learn her without the gens being done too fast.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

They did say they will be touching her base kit a little

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I wouldn't spend the points on her until they explain the changes.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

In that case here is my Console Nurse evaluation.

CONS: Frame rate can make the motion blur of blinks horribly bad/ Sensitivity on controller can make it difficult to react during a close blink-hit/ Console survivors seem to be extra toxic towards Nurse players (however this is a positive too, see below)

PROS: Once a match starts and the survivors hear a Nurse blink "scream" they instantly relax because 90% of console Nurses (all 6 players ^.^) suck. This is a great advantage once you have mastered Nurse because you really put the scare in them. Nothing like downing that cocky Nea after she thought she could t-bag you.

*Honestly I think you will have better luck with other killers vs Nurse on console, but if you are willing to put in the time and effort the reward is sooooo much better than PC because you are 1 of a very small pool of Nurse players.

I use to be good at PS4 Nurse when I practiced and I will tell you nothing feels better than seeing a "toxic/cocky" team realize just how deadly you are.*