Escaping and losing a pip...

Options

Umm I think something is profoundly wrong with the pip system sometimes, I did two gens. Run the killer a bit, opened a door and lost a pip while escaping...

Very annoying

Comments

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042
    Options

Eh it was a quick game, freddy was only able to hook a person and then myself with the exit doors open.

Still I did my goal which was escaping, it should grant me at least a safety pip being the most important part

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options
  • BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

You have to let the killer get hits and hooks as well for altruism.

Gotta do a bit of everything if the killer is too bad you have to hope your team is worse.

Definitely a weird system.

Kinda like how killers have to play around with survivors to farm chaser hits

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,797
    Options

that's why afk killers are bull crap especially if it's a wraith because that's a guaranteed depip if they stay cloaked

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

I de pip when I do 4ks too, and not like because I killed all of the survivors really fast in like 2min, after a 7min game and 4 gens, I got a black embleme at chaser xD

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

Not true, 21k and escaping you have never lost a pip until the new system

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    Options

What about the times killer couldn't hook anyone? You can't participate something never happened.

And these depips mostly occur when there weren't much hooking or hitting in the game and it ended quickly.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

Well not much I can do if the killer ignores me most of the match, I did my gens, won a chase, lost one and opened a door and the match was over. A safety pip should be granted, but I depipped and that's silly

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,444
    Options

I didn't say 21k and escaping, I said escaping has never guaranteed a pip.

Judging by the emblems, you barely saw the killer, probably repaired a couple of gens and escaped, also you got 0 points in benevolent, so who got hooked didn't get saved properly.

If the match had nothing more to offer, there's not much to say.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

I'm not asking for a pip, I'm asking not to depip when escaping. I didn't want to pip I just wanted not to lose a pip while doing my job to survive.

The killer chased a jake for almost five gens. I did two gens, I unhooked jake but forgot about bt not activating so get went down. I run the killer a bit but got downed and hooked.

I got unhooked, won the chase and opened the door and escaped.

All in all my objective was done, a safety pip should be granted on a successful escape.

I can't choose if the killer ignores me

• Rizzo
    Options

That's what I'm saying, the game didn't have more to offer, those games happen.

The emblem system has issues, for sure, but in this case it did its work well, at least in my opinion.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

Simply escaping should grant a safety pip, it doesn't seem that difficult.

My job was to survive, which I did

• Rizzo
    Options

With that mentality, doing gens and hiding the entire match, without interacting with the killer or your teammates, gets rewarded, which wouldn't be good for the game.

It's up to the killer to decide who to chase, I know it sucks and it's boring, but if the killer decides to tunnel, they create an uneventful game for three people, which can bring to these situations.

On top of that, if you check the screenshot, they were one point away from blackpipping, which would've happened if the unhook they did was a safe one, but it wasn't, so the system punished them for not helping their team.

So in conclusion, that was an uneventful match with a mistake that didn't guarantee the blackpip.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options
  • ImmortalReaver
    ImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243
    Options

You lost a pip because you didn't help your team at all. Notice the lack of an emblem there.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

To which I don't agree, I did 40% of the objective plus I opened a door.

So I'd say that doing roughly half of the objective permitting my team to escape is helping my team.

• ImmortalReaver
    ImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243
    Options
  • DBDbuildsYT
    Options

That's an arbitrary choice of the devs, the goal of my team was to escape and I contributed by doing two gens and one door ( the only door opened). That's something that saved my team and allowed the escape

• Kasaki
    Kasaki Member Posts: 155
    Options

So someone shouldn't get a pip because the killer was so terrible he couldn't catch anyone ? What kinda logic is that? So the survivor has an excellent game and nobody gets caught because they play right but we better depip those bastards for wrecking the killer so bad eh? Lol

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

This /\.... you're forced to get into chases, get hit etc....

• Deltin
    Deltin Member Posts: 240
    Options

you need to do the objectives to get points. no point in hiding inside of lockers until all gens are done or for you to get the hatch.

• Regionlock
    Regionlock Member Posts: 316
    Options

Funniest part about all of this is if the killer is too good, trolling with mori, or your teammates are bad, you are likely to depip as well. Basically, the survivor needs to hope the killer is above average and not sweating with beads/ try hard addons to make up for lack of skill.

The survivor needs to have all sorts of circumstances that need to happen, but the killer just needs a few to play out correctly. There are a few things out of his control like DC, but for the most part he is in control of his PIPS.

The main reason survivors Gen rush is because that truly is the only objective. It's not a survivors job to go couch infron of the killer then proceed to be called a Toxic T-bagger. The killer is suppose to find the survivor and there are plenty of perks to aid in that regard.

For example, when ever I face a wraith, clown or w/e killer, I'm sitting on that gen at the same pace as if it's a Omega Nurse or Bead spirit. Why do I have to hold the killers hand? I already got to hold 3 other survivors hands while I play. You think every unhook is safe? and every survivors unhook on me is a smart play?

It's so rare to get those circumstances where you get a team that plays smart versus for example a spirit/nurse. I've beaten Omega nurses and bead spirits many times only because the RNG graces were on my side for that match. Don't get me wrong the ratio is way in favor of the killer, but it's possible in a few matches, and we take what we can get.

Funny thing is I've depip from playing an Omega Nurse who couldn't find anyone on the map. I don't even think they found anyone the entire match. I had a full closet, corner hugging team ready to troll this Nurse, and not give them any chases. The depip was worth the time invested sitting behind objects, but that match took way too long. This was in Springwood.

Also, a killer is in control of how fast a 4k happens, so don't blame a depip on that. Multiple times I could of ended a game super early, but I let people wiggle. Don't pretend like your not in control of the match.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

thats just as ridiculous as the killer killing 3 or more survivors and depiping.

you clearly won at that point, so you should at least get a safety pip!

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Yep, this is completely idiotic and not intuitive. If I am playing survivor and escape, I should pip. If I am playing killer and kill all four, I should pip. I have had games where I've done both of those things and not pipped.

I know the overall counter-argument is "Oh the game is scoring you on all the stuff you do." Well, if "all the stuff you do" doesn't realistically capture whatever you're doing to achieve those two goals without pipping, the whole thing needs another look. It is super-unintuitive.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 993
    Options

Doing gens and the exit are not your whole objective. Your full objective is to do gens, help/assist others, and get out. You are missing the help/assist others completely, and it is 50% of your overall objective, as it covers healing, body blocking, distracting the killer, and evading the killer. All you did was evade the killer, and you weren’t very successful at that.

It is this misunderstanding that makes survivors think they are entitled to things that they haven’t earned. Play the game correctly, and you will be rewarded. Play the game as you have, and you’ll be added to the list of survivors who believe that they are entitled to a win every match.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Your objective is to survive, just like a killers objective is to kill.

• Regionlock
    Regionlock Member Posts: 316
    Options

LOL, seems like you don't understand the post. If he were to run at the killer and give them free hits because he's bad that would made the killer entitled to make us play a certain way to pip, right? Even when some of these average killers catch someone we have to compete with 3 others for the unhook, all the while the killer is Proxy camping.

How is he suppose to get heal and distraction points when the killer is just terrible, or the survivor who is being chased doesn't even need healing? I've actually had matches where I had to run at the killer and force them to chase me.. Does that make the killer entitled in your view? I have to give them chances because they were unable to play their current picked killer well?

Please think logically from both sides before commenting. Both sides have major problems.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    edited September 2019
    Options

The help section for survivors and killers says that escaping and killing are how you win, I believe @NuclearBurrito can confirm. The emblem system seems like it is designed to encourage people to play in a way that is more fun for everyone, that is why people get punished for ending games too quickly.

I don’t agree with how the emblem system works but it is what it is.

Post edited by Mandy on
  • FiftyCalReaper
    FiftyCalReaper Member Posts: 110
    Options

Yeah but as a killer what is a win? 1 kill, 2 kills? 3? 4? That's when it gets arbitrary. For survivors, sure I get it, they escape they win. That's easy to figure out.

But obviously for a killer there's a little more to what a "win" is. I believe the emblem system is flawed but also necessary. It keeps camping and ebony moris down because you usually just safety pip in either of those scenarios.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

Truth to be told, I didn't even gen rush.

I removed ruin and another totem and opened a chest.

But the killer kept chasing the Jake so what else could I do besides gens?

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529
    Options

the way the pip system is it requires survivors to farm against bad killers. If the killer hasn't downed anyone after three gens you can either finish the rest of the gens and get out quickly but depip, or go play with the killer.

Sometimes people want to try different killers and if it's not a killer they are use to or one that they are trying for the first time they are probably going to do badly. Usually it's pretty obvious when somebody is playing with a killer they aren't use to playing with and in this case maybe you should hold off on the gen rushing just a little bit. Most survivors play super sweaty and competitive even when it becomes obvious that the person playing killer is a noob. Maybe they've gotten use to playing red rank spirits all the time that they can't help it.

But I don't think you should depip. I think an escape should equal at least a black pip. Same with getting a 4k.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 993
    Options

Enjoy the game, you’re going to need the help.

The same goes for you. Maybe you’ll learn how to play the game the way that it was designed to be played, or maybe you won’t. If you don’t, I’m sure we’ll see you complaining about it in the forums. BTW, you might try understanding my post instead of replying blindly. It is very apparent to everyone else that the OP was not painting an accurate picture. The emblems he shows are proof of that.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

What does the emblem system show?

I did gens, doors and totems

Escaped as the obsession and made points there

Won one chase and lost one

And I made a unsafe unhook, granted that it was a mistake because I was awake and then freddy hit me and nullified my borrowed time. That's the penalty.

I ended up this game with 20700 BP and a wglf stack for the protection hit while unhooking

Anything else are wrong assumptions

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    Options

I had the same thing yesterday. It was a really quick game, the killer found me first and I ran him around for 3 gens (which were very fast done since he got no hex:ruin). I got hooked, unhooked and healed, did a gen the other gen popped and I got out. No one else got hooked or injured and I lost a pip.

I mean I can understand if you don't pip when there was not enough done, but if they handle it like that, they should also compare the amount of things that were done while you were getting chased. Running the killer around for 3 gens should not be something that gets punished, I mean, what else should I do in a situation like that? You should always safety pip if you did something and escaped.

Also as killer you should get at least a safety pip if you get a 4k. It should not be a thing to loose a pip if you reached your main goal.

• Aikanaro
    Aikanaro Member Posts: 310
    edited September 2019
    Options

Pretty much, they can go with mori cut the game in half, use broken killers and you depip, 4 players having a lame game because 1 decided to have ¨fun¨ at the expense of others.

Whats fun? camping and tunneling? this blood hunt event is terrible, all the tryhards taking the game hostage so nobody get points, and then they complain about dc´s.

Game is too killer oriented, they even have BBQ and bonus points, survs are having hard times to get points, and in red ranks if the killer chases you the whole game and you cant do gens its a depip even if you escape.

• antgnstea
    Options

Not exactly. They implemented emblem penalty for camping, just to make sure you can't get to high ranks playing campy even if you killed 3 survivors.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

I agree with everything.

Winning g conditions for survivors : escape

Winning conditions for killers : 3 kills or more

AT LEAST a safety pip

• Aikanaro
    Options

IDK how they measure camping, but with this blood hunt event all the tryhards hook someone, then go away for 10 seconds and then they are back to get a free hook again, so its still camping but they get like 27k doing crappy games like that and Im pretty sure they Pip.

• antgnstea
    Options

Yeah unfortunately. What you talk about is tunneling though. And they don't have a penalty for that, plus it is stupidly rewarding,

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

Depending on your rank, but as a general rule you don't pip after green ranks if you camp.

Also you don't really score 27k by camping. If you do you won't score many points in sacrifice and deviousness ( unless Bubba).

All in all camping is a silly strategy for both pipping and BP.

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    Options

I double pipped as killer with no sacrifices 💁

• Aikanaro
    Options

The lame strategy is hook, go away for 15 seconds, go back as soon someone is unhooked and down him/her to get a free hook, very little chases and you have 27k.

So its camp in disguise.

This discussion has been closed.