Dear Clown Mains

Do you exist? I feel sorry for clown mains because each time I play against clown it seems that the gens just fly. How does it make you feel? How do you play clown different from other clowns? I ask because clown seems like one of the least popular killers in the game.

Comments

• BabyBubbaMain
    BabyBubbaMain Member Posts: 97

I don’t play clown too much but when I do I swear everyone turns into Claudette and gens just repair themselves in 2 seconds. Is it the clown curse or something?

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Some times, like today, I'll have a good Clown game. That was cause people started trying to bully me and I know how to handle that. But other than that.... no map pressure (like half the Killers) means Sad times are ahead.

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461

Let's put it this way: he has the lethality of Wraith and the mobility of Myers.

Clown can be powerful in the right situation, but he's utterly dependent on the survivors playing his game.

And as Ulven pointed out, the buff to medium vaults really hurt him.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Don't worry Clown mains, there will be (hopefully) a rework for him in next 2 years.

FeelsBadMan

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454

I mained Clown for maybe a few weeks. Don't know if that counts.

I will gladly play him more if he gets a rework or buff

• BabyBubbaMain

Any amount of time counts. As long as you have a decent understanding of the killer, here’s hoping that our clown boi will get some love

• UlvenDagoth

Also, guess who I main now? Legion.

*Whydoidothistomyself?*

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Usually there's always a survivor or even two who hesitates to hop on a gen even at red ranks (unless it's an aggressive team). If someone plays Clown people get informed whenever he's in a chase due to the screams his bottles cause.

This information causes even passive players to play more optimally and run+repair gens like there's no tomorrow.

On top of that Clown's power is supposed to end chases quickly which it more often than not doesn't.

To sum it up:

Clown: No map pressure, no gen stall potential, no stealth, mediocre chase potential, informs anyone about his location and doings at all times allowing even solo players to play more optimally.

• UlvenDagoth

Also Slows himself to an utter crawl with Reloads and slows slightly when throwing his bottle.

• BabyBubbaMain

You got this. I have 200+ hours in Bubba. You go stab some nerds

• BabyBubbaMain

This is a nice summary. I have been genuinely curious because whenever I see gameplay of clown or play clown myself the gens just fly. Thanks for the info!

• UlvenDagoth

Thank you. Everyone always gives me alot of hate for playing Legion. But I like the Play style. The Hyper aggressive, chase you all and stab! kinda mentality is alot of fun for me.

• BabyBubbaMain

I don’t understand why people hate on legion when killers like spirit or nurse exist xd Jk in all seriousness I agree. Most survivors aren’t used to being run down and found quickly by a good legion player. The killer has some serious potential if you put in hours and ignore the hate. I believe in you!

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454

I do have a decent understanding.

I love using the bottles to force survivors to either walk into me or get slowed down by the gas.

But it doesn't always work well. If then it's just satisfying

• UlvenDagoth

Thank you! Lockers are also my best friend. I wont say why here though!

• n0obd0od
    n0obd0od Member Posts: 7

I still get plenty of 4ks with him its just about using his tonics to your advantage and playing mind games with the survivors

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Clown is still top 5 Killers for me thematically and while I DO have good to great games with him, I find I struggle a little more than I do with the other Killers I love & frequent. Maps are kinda the sole reason I have frustrating times playing him tbh.

• Pandamonium
    Pandamonium Member Posts: 77

Freddy basically does what clown is supposed to do but has more abilities. There's just little incentive to play clown when you have Freddy, who has dream snares which serve a similar purpose to clown's bottles, but can also teleport to generators and is not slowed down by using his ability since he doesn't get reduced movement when setting his snares, while clown only has four bottles I believe which he needs to refill, slowing him down quite drastically. The clown's gas stays for a limited time, Freddy's snares stay forever until tripped, after which he can set it back up with no penalty.

So clown needs a huge buff. Imagine you're the actual clown and you have to compare your power with nurse and spirit and have another killer who does your job better. I would understand his constant sad face.