Shadow Advantage?

βLAKE
βLAKE Member Posts: 544

Been playing as Claudette and using dark clothes or prestige clothes and I have been noticing that I still get found instantly even when I hide in very dimmed places and it always annoyed me. I met a person and they told me that the killer could be playing on Low settings and that is why they could see you in dark areas since shadows are less likely to be there on Low settings. I wonder if more killers play on Low settings to get these advantages.

Comments

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177

not really.
    people just know claudettes do that. so if i see one in myl lobby i'll check all darker areass

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Its not hard to find someone hiding in the dark if you are looking around. Especially if you suspect they are. I play on PS4 and cannot change settings so it really doesn't matter.

• Spaaaaaace_steam_
    Spaaaaaace_steam_ Member Posts: 66

SO you mean thats ok that items that can be only bought can give you an advantage ?

• βLAKE

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:
    SO you mean thats ok that items that can be only bought can give you an advantage ?

don't go off topic and to answer what you said killers bring items as well with fast charge addons or mori, etc.

• Spaaaaaace_steam_

@βLAKE said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

don't go off topic and to answer what you said killers bring items as well with fast charge addons or mori, etc.

I meant bought by real money mate , its called pay to win (p2w) and its not gud.

• βLAKE

@ACoolName said:
    not really.
    people just know claudettes do that. so if i see one in myl lobby i'll check all darker areass

I doubt it. You can't tell me that 9/10 areas that I hide in are areas that have been deemed notable areas to hide in that every killer in the community knows about. Especially those in Rank 12.

• βLAKE

Like I found this area in the hospital which had a dark corner and i'm looking at my screen and not even I can see Claudette clearly and the killer finds me first to almost scary because he comes in and immediately comes after me without searching almost like he had started the game with BBQ.

• βLAKE

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@βLAKE said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

I meant bought by real money mate , its called pay to win (p2w) and its not gud.

what are you talking about? please make sure you read the topic that is being discussed. I think you are lost.

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177

well, you have to see circumstances. Let's take a 100 claudettes. around 80% won't be in the great hiding spots. Since every match differs, it's quite impossible to get the perfect hiding spot.
    plus, any killer that plays claudette ( which because of self care, most do ) they will already have the claud-hiding mentality, thus can counter it.
    though Claudette aren't that invisible in dark areas. just slightly.
    Also, noise. Some killers out there have keen senses.

• Spaaaaaace_steam_

@βLAKE said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@βLAKE said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

what are you talking about? please make sure you read the topic that is being discussed. I think you are lost.

look , you use the cosmetic item that can be bought only with real money ,and cry that it doesen't help you not to be seen

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@βLAKE said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@βLAKE said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

look , you use the cosmetic item that can be bought only with real money ,and cry that it doesen't help you not to be seen

It can be bought with shards. Anything that is paid only is basically gurenteed to be EXTRAVAGANT AS A RAINBOW

• Spaaaaaace_steam_

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@βLAKE said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@βLAKE said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

It can be bought with shards. Anything that is paid only is basically gurenteed to be EXTRAVAGANT AS A RAINBOW

but cosmetic items should not influence the gaming process eh

• βLAKE

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@βLAKE said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@βLAKE said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

Omg. can we please get back to topic. A prestige outfit is not bought with shards. I did not use real currency to buy the dark brown outfit for Claudette. stop saying pay to win and lets bring the topic back to shadows and low graphic settings.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@βLAKE said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@βLAKE said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

@βLAKE said:

@Spaaaaaace_steam_ said:

Omg. can we please get back to topic. A prestige outfit is not bought with shards. I did not use real currency to buy the dark brown outfit for Claudette. stop saying pay to win and lets bring the topic back to shadows and low graphic settings.

If I want to be able to blend in, I should be able to freakin blend in. It’s a stealth game. And yes right, he said prestige, why you went so of topic I don’t know and it’s stupid

• SanKa_Games
    SanKa_Games Member Posts: 201

Do you know that most monitors and videocards have built-in gamma and brightness controll, whech means that hiding in the dark is useless. And it's not detectable since it's either on the driver level or not connected to the OS by any means.

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    ACoolName said:

well, you have to see circumstances. Let's take a 100 claudettes. around 80% won't be in the great hiding spots. Since every match differs, it's quite impossible to get the perfect hiding spot.
    plus, any killer that plays claudette ( which because of self care, most do ) they will already have the claud-hiding mentality, thus can counter it.
    though Claudette aren't that invisible in dark areas. just slightly.
    Also, noise. Some killers out there have keen senses.

Oh yea, if your playing killer a good headset can be your best friend 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@βLAKE said:
    Been playing as Claudette and using dark clothes or prestige clothes and I have been noticing that I still get found instantly even when I hide in very dimmed places and it always annoyed me. I met a person and they told me that the killer could be playing on Low settings and that is why they could see you in dark areas since shadows are less likely to be there on Low settings. I wonder if more killers play on Low settings to get these advantages.

I play on low settings because DBD is not optimized at all. Oh, and usually its the hair bug that reveals dark claudettes in a dark corner

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

It's funny cause the game actually looks better on Low too.
    But i mostly run it to avoid frame drops.