The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why does killer gain priority over hatch escape!

I got the animation to jump into the hatch but the killer closed hatch and cancelled my animation. How does that work and why do they get rewarded for having a slower reaction time than me?-_-

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

It rewards whoever has their action registered by the game first, so the Killer had the edge currently since they are the one who hosts the game.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

They're bigger than you.

• December_1863
    December_1863 Member Posts: 206
    edited September 2019

because the survivor failed to power 5 generators and escape through the exit gates, that’s why. the hatch and end game collapse features are meant to end the game, not to give the last survivor a chance to escape. if there was no hatch the last survivor would just hide and hold the game hostage for 40 minutes because it’s nearly impossible for a survivor to complete generators alone without another survivor getting chased.

also the killer’s hatch closing animation is faster than the survivor’s jumping into hatch animation, which caused it to be cancelled.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

In the old system, you would of still been dead anyway as they would of grabbed you mid-leap.

Killer can no longer grab mid-leap, but he still gets the preference in a standoff. This is how it was always meant to be.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

You probably got hit by the P2P system there.

You probably got the same reaction speed, but on your screen, the prompt became available a fraction of a second later due to delay.

And since the Killer was probably spamming, a fraction is all they needed to be first.

You doing the animation is then simply a result of the delay.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited September 2019

I love the little hop they do on a closed hatch, first time it happened to me I was lmao

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

The killers get priority because they are the host. The prompt probably comes up just a tiny bit faster on their screen.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,098
    edited September 2019

A reasonable thought that i have on the reasoning is that if they can't grab you, and they are the person trying to kill you, if you both get there around the same time it would make sense that they push you away from it or something to stop the escape.