The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Red Ranks Suck

Horror_Gaming
Horror_Gaming Member Posts: 275
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

Does anybody else hate playing killer as soon as you hit Red Ranks. The Game immediately is not Fun for me

Comments

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

Reaching that rank means you played a lot this season. Sometimes you need a break.

Especially from this game.

Otherwise stay sane by going in trying to have fun and leaving your expectations for victory in the lobby. What happens happens. Voice coms are strong, but you can still score a ton of bp.

Some maps favor killers, and on some survivors have that advantage. It is built into the game so everyone has a chance to be successful. We are supposed to be having fun right?

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

I have never hit killer red ranks, but the game is not fun as survivor in the red ranks. Game is better at lower ranks where people aren't playing too serious.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

The game definitely gets less fun the higher you get with it peaking in the red ranks. This is partly because of how the survivors treat you, but also because you can no longer reliably play the weak killers even if you find them more fun and you get forced to play more viable ones.This is strictly on killer however.

Oddly enough the games get more and more fun the higher you get on survivor. This is because your main limiting factor is your bad teammates and the higher you get the more reliable your team gets.

Killer gets harder the higher you get while survivor gets easier. Quite odd.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

I tend to disagree. At red ranks games tend to devolve into complete stomps for either side. Either it genrushes or killrushes. Either way games don't last more than 5 minutes or so.

It's not fun either way. I don't enjoy games where the survivor is just genrushing -- and I'm talking as a survivor.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Playing killer in red ranks is definitely not fun. I don't mind the challenge, but you constantly run the risk of getting survivors who will abuse map design (i.e using god windows).

Red rank survivor can be fun depending on your teammates. Overall though, I like playing survivor in red ranks. Going against good killers is fun, and there aren't as many trashy teammates imo.

• themirrortwin
    themirrortwin Member Posts: 280

I hate to say this but go Spirit or Nurse at red ranks. Then it becomes fun again. The game simply isn't balanced well at the high ranks and you need pressure from killers that can give it. It is heart breaking, but that is just how the game works at high ranks as the Devs balance for the majority of players in the lower ranks.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,950

I've never made it past rank 5 so eh

• Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247

I play omegablink nurse, so red ranks is my oyster.

• Faceless
    Faceless Member Posts: 121

as a survivor my favorite rank is 15.

Solo survivor is sad a lot

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760

Oh man. I've just managed to draft myself to rank 6 by playing ghostface, and I'm already frustrated by how imbalanced the game is. No trapper or wraith here, unless I want to derank (which is not a bad idea)

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I try to not get to red ranks if I can

Purple is where it's both fun and challenging

Red is just challenging

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I sometimes hate both, I love playing evey killer abit, but when you hit high ranks, you cant do that anymore because for an example as trapper or wraith you get bullied to oblivion against good survivors. Thats why i like low ranks but on the other side, for me it is not fun at all stomping those low ranks.

• Ringy01
    Ringy01 Member Posts: 65

I've never made it to red ranks and honestly I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I'm quite happy in my rank 9-8 spot.

• Regionlock
    Regionlock Member Posts: 316

You find Red ranks to suck because it the point in the game where you need to finally learn map tiles, and how to run them so you don't get looped forever. You can reach Rank 1 on a majority of killers, but the most common are Spirit, Nurse, huntress because you don't have to learn anything but the killer for the most part.

You can get rank 1 on Ghostface, freddy, Wraith, Legion, but you just have to work harder. Freddy and Ghostface are way easier than the other two tho.

• Horror_Gaming
    Horror_Gaming Member Posts: 275

Yeah, but I’m also not trying to have to work extra hard every game because all of a sudden I’m forced to have to play at a competitive level with no incentive to even go through all that stress.

It’s not about getting good. Or learning tiles. Like I said I’m Rank 1 survivor so I know how to react. It’s about all the things Red Rank killers deal with and how the game just immediately becomes unfun due to it.

• Regionlock
    Regionlock Member Posts: 316

Both sides have to deal with some extremes that they find unfun, and everyone has different opinions. Being a Rank 1 survivor doesn't mean you instantly have the skillset to be a rank 1 killer as well. You can RNG your way to rank 1 survivor with somewhat average looping if you manage to avoid spirit and nurse mains in general because you have 3 other teammates. I can't count how many rank 1 survivors I've seen now that drop in the first 20 sec of a chase, so rank means nothing to me really, due to my experience of holding other rank 1s hand in solo queue.

Also both sides become less fun when people stop playing for fun and take the game too serious. This instantly happens at red ranks for the most part, as it becomes harder for the killer to get a 4k, and the survivor to run around any competent Rank 1 killer for extended periods of time all while still escaping.

Anyways, that's just my opinion of course. I recommend a break.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I personally enjoy most of my matches at red ranks. Winning a challenging match is more satisfying.

• TheUnendingNightmare
    TheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172

I'm red rank and I agree.

Always the same killers, builds and playstyles. If you don't fit the mold (like me) you get hate mail.

Bc apparently cleansing 2 hexes, fixing 3 gens and unhooking everyone at least once isn't enough. You gotta be chased or you did nothing apparently.

• mutabletiger4
    mutabletiger4 Member Posts: 185

I find red ranks fine against average survivors. I've played the demogorgon with Ruin, Nurse's calling, STBFL and Infectious fright. Not every game is good, but even less games are stressful

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

It actually means you have to up your mind games, you play against instaheals, loopers and BT+DS+SC+Adrenaline in EVERY PLAYER. So, depending on the killer, just ad FD+Ruin or CI+BBQ+any other perk

You'll be fine