Instead of hex:huntress lullaby, just huntress lullaby?

Options
Delfador
Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

As you know, hex totems are generally high risk high reward perks. Ruin and especially devour hope are very strong but they can easily be destroyed. NOED can change an entire game from 0k to 4k or all of your dull totems can be destroyed and you will remain as a 3 perked killer.

When it comes to huntress lullaby, this perks is just weak. It is not that difficult to hit skill checks even if the killer has 5 tokens. You just need to pay attention. Basic hitting skill checks is just ridiculously easy. Devs most probably thought that it would slow the game down but it doesn't at all.

So what if we change this perk to a non hex perk? Also, instead of hooking survivors 5 times, we can change it to hooking 4 different survivors just like BBQ so it will also counter camping and tunneling. Killers will get something in turn for not camping and tunneling and hooking different survivors.

Do you think that it would too OP to implement or a reasonable change? I think that especially for pig and wraith, it could be a really strong perk since if you don't pay attention to the generators you will miss skill checks, and if you pay attention to the generator, you will get a hit.

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

I think it would be rather bland tbh.
    Would make Doctor rounds insanely annoying if he manages to hook 4 persons, especially with Unnerving presence. I consider Doc to be annoying enough in the current state.
    Tho, the perk being a hex is indeed too weak, since you cannot consistently hook AND protect your totem. (except if you camp a hooked person next to your totem, which is both boring and unnefficient for everyone)

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

Lullaby would be so nice if it wasnt a totem. Oh, and I never understood why devs tell the survivor that there is a lullaby affecting them, even if it hasnt even activated yet..... Ive lost so many lullabys before my first hook that I dont even bother using it anymore

• Master
    Options

@Runiver said:
    Would make Doctor rounds insanely annoying if he manages to hook 4 persons, especially with Unnerving presence. I consider Doc to be annoying enough in the current state.
    Tho, the perk being a hex is indeed too weak, since you cannot consistently hook AND protect your totem. (except if you camp a hooked person next to your totem, which is both boring and unnefficient for everyone)

A hooked guy next to a totem is VERY efficient for the killer, no idea what you are talking about lol

• Runiver
    Options

@Master said:
    Lullaby would be so nice if it wasnt a totem. Oh, and I never understood why devs tell the survivor that there is a lullaby affecting them, even if it hasnt even activated yet..... Ive lost so many lullabys before my first hook that I dont even bother using it anymore

Because it increases the generator regression if they miss the skillcheck, so they're under the effect of the Lullaby even without the skillcheck part.

• Runiver
    Options

@Master said:

@Runiver said:

A hooked guy next to a totem is VERY efficient for the killer, no idea what you are talking about lol

Not for Lullaby, since you let everyone know where it's at, while not getting multiple stacks.
    It's eventually efficient with Ruin if people cannot hit greats, I'll give you that.

• Delfador
    Options

@Runiver said:

Yeah I forgot about doc. These 2 thing can not be in the same match. I still think that my idea can be implemented but doc needs to be changed in order to do that or i will just leave the matches LUL

• Master
    Options

@Runiver said:

@Master said:

Because it increases the generator regression if they miss the skillcheck, so they're under the effect of the Lullaby even without the skillcheck part.

Technically you should be able to tell that if you miss a skillcheck (which will never happen anyway if there is no other effect), but yeah I know playing survivor has to be a braindead thing such that streamers can look more at the chat while sitting at a gen

• ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192
    Options

@Delfador said:
    As you know, hex totems are generally high risk high reward perks. Ruin and especially devour hope are very strong but they can easily be destroyed. NOED can change an entire game from 0k to 4k or all of your dull totems can be destroyed and you will remain as a 3 perked killer.

When it comes to huntress lullaby, this perks is just weak. It is not that difficult to hit skill checks even if the killer has 5 tokens. You just need to pay attention. Basic hitting skill checks is just ridiculously easy. Devs most probably thought that it would slow the game down but it doesn't at all.

So what if we change this perk to a non hex perk? Also, instead of hooking survivors 5 times, we can change it to hooking 4 different survivors just like BBQ so it will also counter camping and tunneling. Killers will get something in turn for not camping and tunneling and hooking different survivors.

Do you think that it would too OP to implement or a reasonable change? I think that especially for pig and wraith, it could be a really strong perk since if you don't pay attention to the generators you will miss skill checks, and if you pay attention to the generator, you will get a hit.

Make it a normal perk. The only time this perk would be a problem is against Doc, especially if they're running Unnerving and Distressing, along with Terror Radius add-ons. Paying attention is key anyway, but isn't really used, as all the valuable information is pretty much fed to you. Make this a normal perk.

• Master
    Options

@ItsDaEmuDood said:

@Delfador said:

Make it a normal perk. The only time this perk would be a problem is against Doc, especially if they're running Unnerving and Distressing, along with Terror Radius add-ons. Paying attention is key anyway, but isn't really used, as all the valuable information is pretty much fed to you. Make this a normal perk.

Not sure whether calm spirit will affect madness skillchecks, but that would be a counter then

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Options
    TBH I know it’s asking for a lot but I don’t understand why they didn’t include how the hex totems work in the tutorial. That way they can take away ALL notifications for hex totems and make them (a tad bit) more effective
  • Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
    Options

@Mr_Jay_Stark said:
    TBH I know it’s asking for a lot but I don’t understand why they didn’t include how the hex totems work in the tutorial. That way they can take away ALL notifications for hex totems and make them (a tad bit) more effective

Yeah they really should, I liked it when there was no notification unless you were actually affected by it. Lullaby is a strong perk but is weak since it's a hex perk.

• Azakura
    Azakura Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Make it a non-hex perk but slightly nerf it.
    Instead of maxing to the point of no audible alert before skill check make it immediately following the alert.

Would make it still pretty strong without hex worthy. Would be an average tier perk at that point, which is a buff imo.
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

@Runiver said:

I think that this is the biggest reason BHVR hasn't touched Lullaby yet. They could either nerf Lullaby and make it a non-hex or they could buff Lullaby and keep it a hex.

• ItsDaEmuDood
    ItsDaEmuDood Member Posts: 192
    Options

@Master said:

@ItsDaEmuDood said:

@Delfador said:

Not sure whether calm spirit will affect madness skillchecks, but that would be a counter then

Might as well make it counter Madness skill checks. It's starting to turn into the anti-Doctor perk, countering the only good part of his power, which is killing off any stealth, and even then, it's easy to get rid of Madness III.

• Delfador
    Options

@ItsDaEmuDood said:

@Master said:

@ItsDaEmuDood said:

@Delfador said:

Might as well make it counter Madness skill checks. It's starting to turn into the anti-Doctor perk, countering the only good part of his power, which is killing off any stealth, and even then, it's easy to get rid of Madness III.

No body is going to use calm spirit anyway I believe. Come on, are you going to use that perk in case there might be a doc against you? It is useless against any other killer.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

No Hex totem is strong enough, to justify it being a Hex totem. It´s high risk vs low reward.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options
    Tsulan said:

No Hex totem is strong enough, to justify it being a Hex totem. It´s high risk vs low reward.

I mean ruin kind of is, given it does work to slow the game down at all which is always necessary on killer.

If ruin wasn't a perk, I do believe it would need some change to be fair
  • Master
    Options

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    Tsulan said:

I mean ruin kind of is, given it does work to slow the game down at all which is always necessary on killer.

Good survivors wont be stoped by ruin ,rank 20 is a different story though^^

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options
    Delfador said:

@ItsDaEmuDood said:

@Master said:

@ItsDaEmuDood said:

@Delfador said:

No body is going to use calm spirit anyway I believe. Come on, are you going to use that perk in case there might be a doc against you? It is useless against any other killer.

People already just d/c versus Doctor. No need for any special perk builds lol.
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options
    Master said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    Tsulan said:

Good survivors wont be stoped by ruin ,rank 20 is a different story though^^

Lol how many season rank 1 do you even have? I'm pretty sure I saw you post somewhere here that you haven't had this game very long. Please stop acting like you have some kind of knowledge the rest of us who have been here don't