The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

About the nurse addon rework..

124»

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184
    edited October 2019

Blinks are her means of travel. Its BS you want to have a cooldown outside her fatigue.

Range addons are getting reworked if you haven't seen the September Dev Update.

Third blink won't be removed due to an achievement requiring it. I wouldn't mind it going but the Devs have shown unwillingness to change achievements.

Base kit is fine. Do you hang out at low ranks or have you never faced good survivors?

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

I really thought that they would remove the third blink. Forgot that there was an achievement for that. Her addons will still be broken in the next patch then :) Good job devs.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

Thanks!

Just to clarify, these changes aren't in yet. If any achievements needed to change, they would change once the changes are actually out, not several weeks before.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

2 blinks only and a nerf to omegablink Is what she need. Cant wait to play vs balanced nurses

• RossSama
    RossSama Member Posts: 37

Uhhhhh.... you mean, the guy asked for anecdotal evidence so I typed "no add-ons nurse" into youtube and it was one of the first results? What are you even talking about, my dude? I have literally never watched his stream once nor do I care about him at all. That assumption by you was completely illogical.

Posting a single youtube video of a certain streamer to provide requested proof =/= being a fan and/or follower of said streamer. Is this making sense to you?

Now obviously all the responses are going to be "this proved nothing" or "any killer can reach rank 1 without perks/add-ons". The "tru3th" of the matter is that you cannot argue with the blind and biased. Case in point.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
  • RossSama

My first post in the thread was the one you initially responded to where you claimed that I'm a "tru3ther", which I assume is some type of derogatory term for somebody who is a fan and/or follower of Tru3Ta1ent. So... you did look at my first post because.. you responded to it...

You're all over the place. I'm straight up confused now. You must be mistaking me for somebody else who posted before me or something. I only made that post because Weck was demanding proof of base Nurse being extremely powerful which I felt like I provided by linking a video of an add-on/perkless Nurse reaching rank 1. Apparently this isn't good enough proof of her base kit being very strong though so what else can be said about it? People are just going to believe what they want to believe, and that's fine.

• RossSama

What I posted wasn't anecdotal though so not sure why this matters. I posted a video of a dude reaching rank 1 with base kit Nurse, no add-ons or perks. If this isn't proof that would support Megs argument, then what is? Like what exactly are you looking for in order to believe that she's ridiculously powerful without unlocks? You just want to believe what you want to believe, which is fine. But don't ask for proof, receive a great source of it, and then claim that it "failed". That's just... not how you debate something.

Care to explain how that series fails to prove the point in question? Do you even have an argument?

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

alright, i cant say whether or not basekit nurse is fine. im on console, i havent played her much, and i havent faced her much. but, doing some research based on the evidence you provided, multiple survivors throughout that series managed to escape Tru3. there were some 1 man escapes, a few 2 man escapes, and a couple of 3 man escapes.

i also found that Tru3 did a similar series but with survivor. does either series really prove anything? not really. it means Tru3 makes a living playing this game and has a lot of practice, and not much else.

also, to be on your side a bit, i did have trouble even finding anyone else who made videos about a full no perk no add on nurse, so besides Tru3, theres not much to show. Farmer John did one but couldnt find much else, so its kinda hard to provide a variety of evidence.

• RossSama
    edited October 2019

Why would you respond to a post that you didn't read? You knee-jerked and called me a "tru3ther", which I assume is a derogatory term for somebody who is a fan and/or follower of Tru3Ta1ent. Not only did you randomly try to belittle me out of nowhere just for trying to provide proof but you also simultaneously insulted every single person who actually IS a fan and/or follower of him.

I also never called anybody an idiot. I said that it baffled me because it's quite clear that Nurse is extremely powerful even without her unlocks. Also, as somebody who has played at red ranks consistently, it's straight up disingenuous to claim that any killer in the game can reach rank 1 without perks or add-ons, at least anywhere near the ease that you could achieve it with Nurse (or Spirit maybe).

Go ahead and be my guest, try to do it with Wraith. Even with an optimal load-out, Wraith can be looped for five gens by skilled survivors who know how to infinite and manage pallets properly. This won't happen against an experienced Nurse.

*p.s. buff Wraith please

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited October 2019

They did what the vast majority of the community asked for/suggested should happen.

Everyone including the DEVs knew how strong her addons were, especially Omega Blink.

Basekit Nurse is fine.

They actually did a great job on this one.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

You said I asked for anecdotal evidence, which I didn't.

The guy said it was proven long ago that base nurse is op, I asked for the proof.

1 guy reaching rank 1 without perks and addons doesn't make it op.

Otherwise survivors are op, since he also reached rank 1 perkless as survivor.

• Devil
    Devil Member Posts: 12

Nerf Spirit, is for braindead not nurse.