The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why are dedicated servers online??

It's unplayable, I'm lagging like hell as Nurse because it's not optimised at all. I got "bullied" by baby survivors because the blinks weren't working. ######### devs, revert that!

Comments

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

It's terrible, the experience is so bad. How can they be so bad?

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

^This.

• MemberBerry
    MemberBerry Member Posts: 394
    edited October 2019

What this game needs is content....oh wait this is dbd forums not warframe forums sorry

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354
    edited October 2019

I have a feeling that survey isn't going to be friendly towards these servers, because they are godawful.

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited October 2019

Sigh. Some of us tried to tell you that dedicated servers are not a good idea. You deal with a connection in some location that is better for everyone including the laggers instead of previously a killer host that may be right next door to you. So instead of some of us having green pings and great games and others with red pings and bad games, we all end up with mediocre yellow ping games slightly less crappy than red but complete garbage for those of us used to low latency.

Never mind the fact that more monetization is coming to pay for the continual upkeep.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

Played a Match as Survivor. 40 Ping, the killer had a higher Ping (sometimes he was moving like he was actually fighting his Ping)... Got hit after vaulting a Pallet and already running.

And well, a Nurse hit me while the full length of this small Buliding on Ormont away. Great.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

There is something called PTB.

Why testing a completely unfished feature on a live build? I literally can't play a normal match anymore.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited October 2019

They did multiple servers PTB tests starting with plagues in march.

Those PTB tests clearly didn't help enough so live testing is the next step.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,735

What I find interesting is that you're saying that it's a horrible user experience (idk where you are in the world) but over here in England it's actually amazing; I love it so far as both killer and survivor, tho there have been a few lag spikes here and there as killer it's not unplayable and overall it really enjoy it so far.

Admittedly tho I haven't played any other killer but Freddy so huntress and plague may still be bugged to hell.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

I like how they implemented them just now instead of eaiting for the ptb, saves more time and brings them faster

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

rather they take their time to make these dedicated servers work and not just implement them ASAP because people think that dedicated servers will fix everything when they wont

• pejii
    pejii Member Posts: 79

just unplayable as killer with more than 100ms ping (even if that is only few jitters and spikes).

most of the time palette brekaing stops you for a few more seconds before and after the animation ends.

tons of DCs for no reason but "Host disconnected" that makes me wonder, who is the host now?

and strange survivor movements (you don't need to learn how to 360 now, just bring a friend from another country with higher ping to mess with the killer).

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

What do you mean with didn't help? Many players testing doesn't automatically improve it. There has to be work done. It was already not working in the PTB, so it doesn't even make sense to try it on a live build till it works properly in a PTB.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225

I've got no ideea what you're talking about, here in EU the servers are fine, I am playing with friends that live in Romania and I live in the UK and the experience so far has been awesome.

We should give proper feedback to help them develop and fix if there are issues with dedicated servers not to ######### and complain.

• marianek
    marianek Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2019

I'm playing as a survivor. I haven't seen anything more than 50-60 ping on EU servers (zero yellow pings like some said). It works awesome. No more laggy killers from Russia (mostly) or some other remote countries. Of course the laggy killers will be complaing a lot. Before they did some insane hits because they hosted the game. Now they have to have good conn to play well.

• marianek
    marianek Member Posts: 3

Well. FeelsBadMan. I'm super happy bout servers. Works awesome for me. They will fix it sooon ;)

I had enough of laggy killers so much that I almost stopped playing the game. Unfortunately when they removed Steam servers they forced me to Russia region w/ a lot of laggers so I'm happy I can play a game normal way again.

• Staloz
    Staloz Member Posts: 5

I to extremely dislike the servers, they make it had for me to just players killer. As killer i get disconnected randomly and pip down multiple pips and dont gain any blood points with "disconnected from host". I hope the fix there ######### servers sooner or later or im just going to stop playing

• manoman96
    manoman96 Member Posts: 3

the EU is small compared to some countries, like the US, and when they only have 2 servers, on the 2 coastlines, well, the central US gets the shaft. feedback ? more server farms, or back to p2p, they shouldnt have the same number of servers for the US as they do the EU, its make literally 0 sense. one is small, one is big, one needs 2, the other needs at least 4, too expensive i guess. ive also heard bad things from aussies as well, seems like the PTB was cut a bit short on this one.