We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Do you think they should add a hook camping report option

Options
tempcoma
tempcoma Member Posts: 28

I hate when I'm in a match and the killer camps hooked people here's an example we got three gens done and the killer only got one person when the third gen popped they sat on them and proceeded to camp them my other two teammates ran to try and get them off hook and died I was last and luckily hatch opened near me I think it should be on there cuz I've had many matches like this

Do you think they should add a hook camping report option 142 votes

Yes it should be
4%
LethalPugyBillyIIICJsDBDChatkovskicarters_sparkCritical_FishToneBaby13 7 votes
Yes and it should be bannable
4%
InnCognitoSpiderTashCreeRoyaltyVageNewBiteHeldHostagetempcoma 7 votes
No
90%
MandyBossRizzoArk_the_BonsaiGibberishHorsePowerPhantomMask20763StevoPandomkodiakyMister_xDTohmoFibijeanBlueberryValkyriaMr_Kjus_IgnantVolantConch1719drimmalorSpartagone45 128 votes

Comments

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options
    No

If someone is being camped then their job is to keep the killer there as long as possible so others can do the gens. It's also not too hard sometimes to have someone as a distraction whilst another, preferably having borrowed time, unhooks.

As others have said it is a viable option for the killer to get kills, no matter how boring it is if you're the hooked one.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options
    No

Camping is a legitimate strategy that I can and will employ.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
    No

No lol

Its unfun, but not bannable

• PiedPiper365
    PiedPiper365 Member Posts: 231
    Options

I don't camp till they finish all the gens by then one or 2 or 3 are dead but if there are two alive I'll down one and camo him cuz 9 out of 10 that surv will get greedy and come back and all I have to do is wait

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options
    No

As much as everyone hates it, its not bannable and it shouldnt be.

• JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571
    Options
    No

If they ever added this in the game, then expect a noticable decrease in killers.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options
    No

While it without any doubt is unfun to the survivors, it won't pay off, if the team is smart. There are multiple hard counters to it. In some instances camping is the only way to win a match as killer.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options
    No

There are times when it's agreed it's okay to camp, like after the exit gates are powered. So, then it becomes, "Well, it depends on the context." It's hard to specify that a gameplay mechanic is okay at certain times but not others. Reporting and banning for that becomes messy. "Does this count as an okay time to camp?" All that grey area.

Survivors can counter camping by rushing gens. They can also try to bait the killer and use Borrowed Time. It's not like camping is an automatic win for the killer.

• SinisterDog
    SinisterDog Member Posts: 48
    Options
    No

This is literally the biggest, most ginormous brainlet post I've seen yet. Though I do think the survivor should get some sort of compensation in BP for getting camped like, for having the killer with 20M after being hooked for 10 seconds you get 100 BPs in all categories every 8 seconds

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options
    No

It's not really an issue. If a killer is camping, they're not doing their job of adding even more pressure, while letting others get away. They're sacrificing 4 possible kills for 1.

And... you know, kindred exists...

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433
    Options
    No

that idea with getting 100Bp per x amount of time sounds wonderful :F

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454
    Options
    No

Should we also ban survivors who do gens?

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options
    No

A weak strategy indeed, unless three survivors are on the exit gates and you just managed to hook one, then it's to be expected. Otherwise, it's proof that the killer is probably not as good as the survivor team.

That being said, it's not and shouldn't ever be bannable and, as said above, it's a strategy, even if it can ruin someone's experience. And to be fair, it's not something that happens in every single match, just like the moris. You just move on.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options
    No

If a survivor dcs at the beginning of the match is it OK to camp the first downed survivor?

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    Options
    No

Didnt the devs say its fine? It might be a crappy thing to do but its not bannable.

My opinion on camping hooks is

• If your willing to throw the game to kill someone then go for it, your harming yourself more than the other people and good survivors can get gens done and rescue the hooked person
    • If a potato decides to unhook you infront of the killer and the killer decides to down the unhooked person for an EZ kill then blame your hero, not the killer.
  • BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options
    No

No, you would be punishing killers if a team is swarming the hooked person. Camping when used right is a very good strat at high ranks, and can create pressure that survivors will fail too notice if they keep trying too waste time for the hooked person.

Same thing with tunneling and slugging. Tunnel the person who was saved, and don't pick them up, it forces survivors too do something other then gens, which helps killers immensely.

They are annoying when abused by scum, but punishing everyone for the few who do it wrong is not fair.

• BloodyBunny
    BloodyBunny Member Posts: 114
    Options

No because it would be abused by salty survivors

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    edited October 2019
    Options
    No

While annoying, this isn't how you solve these types of problems.

The only time you'd want to make something like this a rule is if breaking it literally breaks the game AND also isn't possible to mechanically prevent.

For example: posting screenshots in a social deduction game.

This does neither of those.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options
    No

As much as I think there should be an outsized in-game punishment for indiscriminate hook camping, it shouldn't be bannable. Also, unless your teammates are incompetent, they're finishing multiple generators while the killer is doing this.

Keep in mind that there are legitimate circumstances where it makes sense to stay near the hook. Specifically, if you know that someone is nearby and going for a save, or if the doors are open and people are trying to bait you.

• then4321
    then4321 Member Posts: 234
    Options
    No

Take the points the killer loses for camping and give them to the person on the hook.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options
    No

Sry to be rude but... get gud

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options
    No

Its a strategy

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options
    No

This made me laugh, you get an up vote for that lol

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    No

This has to be a joke thread.........

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 442
    Options
    No

You do realize that devs don't care and instantly dispose of reports about Camping, Tunnelling and Slugging, right?

Camping isn't a very viable strategy, it's the survivors' actions that make it that way. They either do gens and essentially prevent killer from getting more than one kill.

Or they try to be a hero, and possibly fail horribly or succeed.

You can't stop campers lads. Simply do gens if there is one.