My actions:

• 2.5 gens
  • healed one survivor from injured to healthy
  • run the killer for the last two gens
  • opened the door
  • escaped
  • almost max point in 3/4 categories

This system is so wrong... it makes me furious

We need a system which rewards good plays, and this match was played well no ifs or buts

Comments

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

How did the team go with altruism? Cause it looks like one guy got unhooked and immediately downed.

Btw I hate the survivor emblems.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

Altruism gets you rank.

Slap on BT. You only didn’t rank because rank scales the higher you are. I think you need two iridescent and two golds to rank up in reds.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Unsafe unhooks hinders you a ######### ton. Not only you won't get a 50% bonus in the emblem score for the event, you will also get a malus.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042
    edited October 2019
    Options

I didn't do any unsafe unhooks, I didn't do any unhooks I just healed one person and that's it for benevolent, this is because I was either doing gens in the first part of the trial hence the 8k in gatekeeper. And I was running the killer for the last two gens and hence the 8k in boldness.

I then proceeded to open the door and escape, this was a high quality match not getting a pip is a scandal. I maxed 3 categories out of 4

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options
  • xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Completly ignore the Ranking System, it is not working or anything. Imagine you run the Killer for 5 Gens and then die at the end? You will probably get blackpip at best, while you deserve double.

As i said, it is meaningless, just play for fun,just dont care about your rank.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

yes you are right, I am simply angry because I really enjoyed the match and really thought I deserved a pip and when I saw nothing I got frustrated. Thank you :)

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

If another survivor does an unsafe unhook everyone is impacted. It’s a very fun mechanic.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

I am not fully sure, I think one person dc after a minute or so with no hooks.

I was hooked once and saved by a Claudette and the last person was hooked twice saved by Claudette both times with me healing them once and then dced when tunneled off the hook.

Maybe the person was downed just off the hook when they dced at the last hook, I didn't pay attention as I was doing a gen

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

This may have happened yes, I am not fully sure as I was doing gens but it is absolutely possible... I am even angrier now lol

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461
    Options

I watched a stream earlier where a killer came back from almost certain defeat and 4ked everyone with all the gens done but before the exit gates were opened. A couple people bled out because he had to fight for like five minutes straight to end the chain of revives as it was a swamp map and everyone was spread out.

The reward for this epic battle? Depip. Entity Displeased.

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461
    Options

The emblem system is literally a joke. People laugh about it.

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698
    Options

Oh wow, I didn't even think of that.. good thinking!

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

Omg I would have been even angrier than ever currently am if that was me! Lol

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Yep, super idiotic.

First, you escaped, which should realistically be a pip no matter what else you did, because that is the central goal.

Second, the pip thresholds should be flat across all ranks, 20-1. The efficiency demands beyond green ranks are completely unrealistic. And, preemptively for people who are like BUT BUT BUT CHALLENGE, the challenge comes from having higher rank opponents when you yourself are higher rank.

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367
    edited October 2019
    Options

I voluntarily withdrew from playing with one friend as he said my lack of skill with skill checks was causing him to depip when he played swf with me. I have subsequently fixed my settings to potato and that seemed to help.

Presently I usually earn one pip daily then either lose it the next match or the first match of the following day. Typically I will depip for being downed and eliminated very quickly not for lasting the entire match then getting dead.

Some map killer combos seem to work very well for the Killer: Wraith and Hawkins, and Coldwind and Billy.

I am never toxic in the end chat even after depipping as this is a video game played for fun not a deathmatch.

• DBDbuildsYT
    Options

it makes so mad to play a good game and not being rewarded