Good example of Balance on High Ranked from Tru3ta1ent

Someissues
Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgdnN6Pv2TE

Explains perfectly why a lot of Killers De-rank and dodge lobbies, and that the only Killers that were viable at High Ranked is the Nurse, Billy, and Huntress (Possibly Clown too)

This also explains why you must Camp / Tunnel at High Ranked, or there is a very high chance of you losing the game

There isn't much mind game you can do with this one, good luck mindgaming someone who's seen it all such as some of the people who snipe him daily

I've never seen a game where Tru actually ends up quitting, so correct me if this is not the case

The devs on this game really need to get to Ranked 1 on both survivors every season to see the real balance of the game

Comments

• Someissues

@Doom_Punk said:
    Even with the next patch that ######### isn't going to be enough to make this game balanced. This game is a complete and utter joke right now. This is quite literally a gangbang simulator, if you ever want to get your dick real hard you can go team up against one person with three douchebag friends. And as Quentin showed, you can be extremely ######### at this game and get carried by crutches.

The next patch imo those who are affected the most are solo players, SWF will mostly remain the same but less annoying for sure

@megdonalds said:

Regarding the video, im very sure there was an earlier patch where the devs removed flashlight blinding from the side, but it seems it came back some months ago. Typical devs.
    Yeah Tru did try his best to face towards objects that can protect him from the flashlight and still get blinded from the side

@Tradebaron said:
    I don't think it's all that bad. Certainly there's rough matches and people do all sorts, but I mean it's not something to get truly upset over, is it? Surely you all must have had some good matches in your time playing this game, right?

This happened very often at High Ranked, especially when you are up against SWF who knows what they are doing, hence a majority of Killers De-rank back to Low Rank to stomp noobs and many dodge lobbies, it's not very healthy for the game either

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Tradebaron said:
    I don't think it's all that bad. Certainly there's rough matches and people do all sorts, but I mean it's not something to get truly upset over, is it? Surely you all must have had some good matches in your time playing this game, right?

People miss a point though. Yeah all of us had good matches because of the ranking system.

Rank system is messed up. People are not in the places that they should be in. As a killer you might get a good game at rank 1 with freddy but i am not sure if the survivors who reached rank 1 really deserves to be rank 1? Bad killers and survivors still are able to reach the highest rank possible so there are all sorts of people in all of the ranks.

If the rank system gets balanced and only good survivors will be able to reach rank 1-5, you will see the balance in the game truly.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

If the devs would play their own game consistently on high ranks vs SWF, the game would be balanced.

• Someissues
    edited July 2018

@Mister_Holdout said:
    Thank God we have Nurse.

Yep Nurse is god-like but it's quite annoying there were very few options viable at High Ranked.

After the rework hag will be part of the Top 5 along with Nurse, Billy, Huntress, and Clown potentially. While Trapper still remains on mid to low tier, due to his base kit not being fixed on picking up traps when the match starts

He would have been way better / viable if he had an extra trap carrying capacity (not an extra trap)

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:
    Mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake...

He got embarrassed. Thanks for the entertainment :')

Our god only1biggs here to claim that it was all mistakes and nothing to do with bad balance.

I guess that sort of makes it to the inb4 list I just posted.

There were a lot of mistakes made imo, but even if he played the match perfectly I don't think he'd stand a chance. Wraith was too weak, DS was too strong, survivors played too well.

Although his build isn't great.

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@ASpazNamedSteve said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:
    Mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake...

Our god only1biggs here to claim that it was all mistakes and nothing to do with bad balance.

There were a lot of mistakes made imo, but even if he played the match perfectly I don't think he'd stand a chance. Wraith was too weak, DS was too strong, survivors played too well.

This guy gets it :)

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998
    edited July 2018

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

I have never said the game is balanced.. The game is terribly unbalanced. DS and flashlights can be played around though, but why bother trying to explain again?

He fell for everything, got angry, made mistakes and then some more and got even angrier. It was pathetic and he didn't deserve anything from the game.

Your "inb4 list"...Perhaps some of it should be heeded instead of just ignored? Just because you called it, doesn't make it inaccurate :'D

Want to list his mistakes, what you would have done differently, and the results you'd expect?

You know, to deviate away from mindless trash talk and into more in-depth criticism.

• only1biggs

@Beaburd said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

I have never said the game is balanced.. The game is terribly unbalanced. DS and flashlights can be played around though, but why bother trying to explain again?

He fell for everything, got angry, made mistakes and then some more and got even angrier. It was pathetic and he didn't deserve anything from the game.

Your "inb4 list"...Perhaps some of it should be heeded instead of just ignored? Just because you called it, doesn't make it inaccurate :'D

Want to list his mistakes, what you would have done differently, and the results you'd expect?

You know, to deviate away from mindless trash talk and into more in-depth criticism.

I'd love to dude, but I've grown tired of trying. Each and every time I have offered solutions, I am met with the same few that just refuse to read or understand or learn and the same people post the same stuff over and over. There's no point.

Where is this "trash talk" you speak of? I said he made mistakes and he did. If you think that is trash talk then you need thicker skin my dude. Yikes.

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371
    edited July 2018

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

Sigh, they can be played around bad Survivors but good ones, not really.

Again, you watch Scott and Zubat, two sweaty Killers that dominate noobs like there's no tomorrow. If both of them were Tru3 in this scenario, same map, loadouts, Wraith, they would lose in the exact same way, because the game's balance does not allow for Killers to have a say unless you're good with Nurse.

I have no reason to expect you're any decent as Killer when you're posting newbie tips and tricks and acting like it'll help vets. It doesn't. The game has to be balanced first and in a state where it is actually skillful play involved. Right now, there is none.

• Doom_Punk

@ASpazNamedSteve said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

Mistakes or not, as you say, wouldn't have mattered.

This is DbD, not Quake.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited July 2018

@Someissues said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgdnN6Pv2TE

Explains perfectly why a lot of Killers De-rank and dodge lobbies, and that the only Killers that were viable at High Ranked is the Nurse, Billy, and Huntress (Possibly Clown too)

This also explains why you must Camp / Tunnel at High Ranked, or there is a very high chance of you losing the game

There isn't much mind game you can do with this one, good luck mindgaming someone who's seen it all such as some of the people who snipe him daily

I've never seen a game where Tru actually ends up quitting, so correct me if this is not the case

The devs on this game really need to get to Ranked 1 on both survivors every season to see the real balance of the game

That house looping spot is broken, everyone knows that
    The fact that it is a wraith doesnt make it better

For my part, I stopped trying to play competitively after I reached rank 1 in my first month as survivor, this was when I really understood how unbalanced the game is and that I never want to play in these ranks as killer

camp and tunnel is a necessary thing to do if you use it as tactical strategies, not as facecamp meme^^

Edit: now that I fully watched it, 3 survivors were garbage and only the DS knew how to loop. This wasnt even a bad game, I had way worse

• only1biggs

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

Sigh, they can be played around bad Survivors but good ones, not really.

Again, you watch Scott and Zubat, two sweaty Killers that dominate noobs like there's no tomorrow. If both of them were Tru3 in this scenario, same map, loadouts, Wraith, they would lose in the exact same way, because the game's balance does not allow for Killers to have a say unless you're good with Nurse.

I have no reason to expect you're any decent as Killer when you're posting newbie tips and tricks and acting like it'll help vets. It doesn't. The game has to be balanced first and in a state where it is actually skillful play involved. Right now, there is none.

Yikes

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

Nothing he did would've mattered. As it stands, the balance is jarred so bad, that chances are, he would've lost no matter what he did. There are simply to many second chances for survivors. This coupled with bad map design and flashlights just makes everything that much worse for anyone but the nurse.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

Cancerous games like this is why i have gradually stopped playing DBD. I have experienced my fair share of these games and my last one was enough to make me put the game down for a week so far and i haven't been motivated to play it again. The game just isn't fun when you get games like this. People that have the loops down to a tee, exploiting poor map balance and using every crutch in the game is enough to make my head spin. I still enjoy participating on the forums but i probably won't be playing killer again until the big DS nerf hits which is unfortunately months away.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@Beaburd said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

+1 I want to know aswell how true could have negotiated this situation and turned it into a victory because with the sea of crutches and endless bullshit he dident stand a chance against this team.

• only1biggs
    edited July 2018

@Beaburd This isn't a discussion. It's spam.

He didn't slug, he didn't fake pick ups, he didn't chase correctly and got outplayed easily on pallets, swung when he didn't need to, got body blocked and didn't punish them, chased round the "infinite too long", got angry at someone crouching repeatedly etc etc etc.. Of course he didn't deserve anything from the game. What games do you play where if you make mistakes you win?

For him to only blame the game and not himself and for others to do the same, is..to be honest..stupid. Stupidity should always be mocked and ridiculed, which is why I laughed and said it was entertaining.

*edit - Oh, I'm not saying that if he'd played optimally then he'd have won, but, that he didn't deserve anything from the game because of bad plays.

• Master

@SadonicShadow said:

@Beaburd said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

+1 I want to know aswell how true could have negotiated this situation and turned it into a victory because with the sea of crutches and endless bullshit he dident stand a chance against this team.

He should have lobby dodged before the game even started, that was teh mistake
    Never go against multiple flashlights

• only1biggs

@Master said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Beaburd said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

https://clips.twitch.tv/BloodyAmericanRamenPartyTime

• Doom_Punk

@only1biggs said:

He didn't slug, he didn't fake pick ups, he didn't chase correctly and got outplayed easily on pallets, swung when he didn't need to, got body blocked and didn't punish them, chased round the "infinite too long", got angry at someone crouching repeatedly etc etc etc.. Of course he didn't deserve anything from the game. What games do you play where if you make mistakes you win?

For him to only blame the game and not himself and for others to do the same, is..to be honest..stupid. Stupidity should always be mocked and ridiculed, which is why I laughed and said it was entertaining.

I've already told you these types of things will only work on bad Survivors or if those particular Survivors have never went up against those 'counterplays' they fall for it like babies.

And you expect all of that ######### to work, is even funnier. Doing that would've wasted his time into then the guy crawling to a pallet, picking him up to be lighted/palleted either way because again, fake pickups do not work on people that know they're a thing. Slugging's only good for Nurse, again, the only Killer that stands a chance and has some actual skillful play involved.

You can't punish bodyblocks either when they all run Self Care. You're going to have to pick one to go after which means the other 3 are safe.

"What games do you play where if you make mistakes you win?"

Survivor in Dead by Daylight. You can make so many mistakes and play like trash, as the Quentin did, and still win easily.

I initially thought you'd be someone reasonable but you seem like a puppet with the bullshit you're typing acting like it's his fault he lost and he shouldn't be blaming the game.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Doom_Punk said:

@ASpazNamedSteve said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

This is DbD, not Quake.

What does Tru3s ass taste like.... asking for a
    friend 
  • Doom_Punk

@Paddy4583 said:
    Doom_Punk said:

@ASpazNamedSteve said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

This is DbD, not Quake.

What does Tru3s ass taste like.... asking for a
    friend 

Unfortunately I live across the ocean so I can't answer that one.

• Doom_Punk

@only1biggs Regarding that clip, you can still do generators and get in range to pull off saves. And you only need one person to follow, the other two doing gens is good enough for the one with the light to save, then it's back on gens and an even longer chase.

Also why are you pulling that from Tofu, he's average and a trashtalker lol.

• Master

@only1biggs said:

@only1biggs said:

@Master said:

@SadonicShadow said:

@Beaburd said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

https://clips.twitch.tv/BloodyAmericanRamenPartyTime

Sure, if all 3 other survivors follow you while you chase the 4th guy, then no gen gets done, but this actually never happens.
    One flashlight guy is enough to deny your pick up, either you slugg you victim and chase the flashlight guy, but then the 3rd guy will come and pick up the downed up (yes they can communicate lol) or you pick him up and hope that he doesnt hit the flashlight.

Oh and then there is still the thing that every palletbreak will mean a guaranteed blind if survivors want to play that way.

I have yet to see how a flashlight/DS squad gets rekt by a normal killer (not nurse) without the survivors being completely braindead

• Doom_Punk

@Master This man above me gets it. Anyone with common sense can see the problems with this game.

Also long time no see @Beaburd, I see you again. :)

• only1biggs

@ZombieGenesis said:

@only1biggs said:
    What games do you play where if you make mistakes you win?

Dead by Daylight as Survivor. It's not even funny how many mistakes you can make and still win/pip/get tons of points as a Survivor.

lol fair enough

• only1biggs

@Doom_Punk said:
    @Master This man above me gets it. Anyone with common sense can see the problems with this game.

You three are all so cute :'D

• Doom_Punk

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

I guess anyone that uses common sense in these discussions is a cutie then.

Such a shame you happen to be ugly.

• Master

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

So you cant show me such a game? Thought so :wink:

• only1biggs

@Doom_Punk said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

I guess anyone that uses common sense in these discussions is a cutie then.

Such a shame you happen to be ugly.

LOL

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Dude I've never seen Tru3 get that mad before! How in the hell were they getting those flashlight save while he was facing walls and tires? It's so many crutch perks and add-ons for survivors and I play both Killer and Survivor, but a little more survivor and I know personally how some games like these go. The only killers I don't play around with are Nurse, Billy, Huntress and Myers. 
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Survivors always complain when the killer camps, tunnels, tryhards, and etc. However, as some who plays (survivor) 2:1 (killer) ratio, give me one good reason as a killer to actually play fair when your not playing fair by gen rushing AKA not giving me a chance to play the game fair like all survivors want? Sometimes I'll camp or tunnel, yeah I'll admit to doing that because I'm not gonna play fair if your not going to either! Oh boy, I'll bring out the Leather Face Insidious basement combo and see how fair it will be for the survivor side once I finally get someone in the basement! Now if killers had more time to sacrifice survivors then you'll see less camping and tunneling AKA killers playing fair! Yeah, there's gonna be a few campers but overall killers need some love for crying out loud! The hag, trapper, and perk buffs is exponential, great start behavior but that's just a piece of the bigger problem!
  • Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998
    edited July 2018

@only1biggs said:

Slug when?

• His first down was on the Meg, which he hooked successfully. Slugging there wouldn't have benefited him in any way, especially if they were SWF (seems likely) as they would revive them as soon as an opening appeared.
    • His second down was on the Feng Min, who he hooked successfully.
    • His third down was on Quentin, who he hooked successfully.
    • His fourth down was on Quentin again, which was flashlighted. But he was never flashlight saved against yet at this time and had a set of ties in front of him which he assumed would protect against potential saves, so it doesn't make sense to slug him there either for similar reasons.
    • His fifth down was on Quentin again, where he did try slugging and actively searched for the flashlight user after downing. Unfortunately Adrenaline got him back up for another chase.
    • His sixth down was on Quentin again. Now here, he could have slugged again potentially, but he also had a larger obstacle in his way to use. Delaying the pick-up to chase others would have resulted in the Quentin going to a more open area and increasing the risks. Not that it mattered, since the flashlight could somehow reach the killer anyway (though it missed). Still, Quentin got away due to body blocking + non-obsession decisive - something that the killer couldn't have predicted with any form of certainty ahead of time.

Fake pick-ups are an option, but given the situations described above, it's still hard to say they would have given him a different result. Is it really a mistake that he didn't use them then? Though, you can argue he tried on his fifth down.

As for incorrect chases, where exactly? The "infinite too long" building had a favourable window spawn, and he only really invested time into it was at the beginning, to push the decisive user away from finding ruin, which could arguably buy him time.

I would also love to know which pallets he got outplayed on - timestamp? I see him failing a mindgame at a pallet at 1:49 against Meg, but he got a hit of it anyway. Then he outplayed the same Meg at 2:00 at another pallet. While I skimmed a lot of the video in review, I don't see any other mindgame pallets he could have navigated around.

I also did not catch his swings when he didn't need to. Against the DS Claudette at 1:18? That was a pretty tight window he had to make. I think he went a bit too early and could have made it, but again, it was pretty tight to make. If he didn't swing, she'd drop it and go to the next one which would extend the chase. I'd argue it was worth the chance.

Body blocking was only an issue towards when he was carrying a non-obsession DS, which would have crawled into the open for flashlights if he delayed picking them up (sixth down). I'm not sure you can call this a mistake.

Also crouch spamming is a gesture with an degrading meaning attached to it. It can be likened to giving someone the middle finger, couldn't it? No one should get angry over a game, but when someone actively insults you repeatedly, it can be rough sometimes. It's hard to blame and say he doesn't deserve anything for that.

I just can't see the myriad of errors you're claiming to see. Did he have other options at times? Sure, but I don't think the results would have been any better. In that case, it's hard for me to say he made a lot of mistakes since changing his actions wouldn't have improved much.

Though, I will say he should have camped harder. The issue with that is he knows he should have, and openly exclaims that too. He just did not want to, because that method was not fun to him, nor would it be to others (survivors, viewers, etc).

@Doom_Punk said:

Oh, just saw this! Hey Doom Punk!
    (I pray editing this in doesn't remove my post pending approval again) copy pastes everything

• only1biggs

@Master said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

You can't go look yourself?

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited July 2018
    That was painful to watch him down Quentin like five times and nothing to show for it.

Gotta admit, Wraith of all killers does not need such glaring weaknesses toward flashlights and bully tactics. It's also surprising that he got blinded so easily despite clearly facing dead ends.

Even if he camped, it's a wonder whether he'd actually get away with a kill. 

Just puts into question whether flashlight blinds should be a free save for the person on the shoulder. Though saves are already getting nerfed with the faster pick ups in the PTB.
  • Master

@only1biggs said:

@Master said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

I cant find such a game, you claimed it, now prove it lol

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

When he was chasing that Claudette around the tree i was thinking ######### are you chasing? After two loops i got a glimpse of her.

This video is why i preferred to camp people to death. I have zero interest in what was on offer in this game. I refuse to play like that. I catch your ass after being looped and then watch you die. No, you dont get more lives than a friggen cat.This is my fun. Rank meant nothing to me at the end. I no longer play. No longer play due to swf bullshit and the obvious surv bias.

Seen a lot of trues' videos on the "clean" YT and never seen him get that pissed. But this clip just goes to show what killers have to deal with. People that can loop to perfection like that Claudette who was running around a tree when i though he was running in circles for nothing, only to spot her really late.

DbD is a surv favored mess. I experienced it starting at rank 17 and it only got worse the closer i got to rank 10 - one or two pips away i was - at which point i said:"######### this #########!". Now i just come here with less and less frequency.

I suspect the number of players in this game go up and down because the game goes on sale and then people figure out its bullshit. Only to have another sale that replaces those that leave. This game is pathetically small compared to lots of other games that have sold 5 million copies. Where are those 5 million people who got this? At most you have 30k playing? When i stopped it was in the 26k range and it took just about one year to go from the 6-8k when i started to the 26k when i left.

Devs stealthily put back blinding from the side back in the game it seems. How the heck were they able to flash him? He was in front of tires and in optimal position.

I have other games to play. I do not need to feel the feelings i had when i played killer. I played to have fun. Not to go through the ######### that most killers do on a daily basis. ######### that. I want to make it to 80 and not die of a heart attack. I am nearly 50 now.

I did not see too many mistakes. A few bad swings is all i saw but that ######### happens. Mistake was not camping those shits to death when he had the chance or not even accepting the lobby in the first place.

Survs have more lives than cats.

• Paddy4583
    edited July 2018
    Your all right.. there we can all be done with this pointless click bait
  • Paddy4583
    Blah.......
    blah.......
    blah.......
  • Master

@Envees said:
    When he was chasing that Claudette around the tree i was thinking ######### are you chasing? After two loops i got a glimpse of her.

This video is why i preferred to camp people to death. I have zero interest in what was on offer in this game. I refuse to play like that. I catch your ass after being looped and then watch you die. No, you dont get more lives than a friggen cat.This is my fun. Rank meant nothing to me at the end. I no longer play. No longer play due to swf bullshit and the obvious surv bias.

Seen a lot of trues' videos on the "clean" YT and never seen him get that pissed. But this clip just goes to show what killers have to deal with. People that can loop to perfection like that Claudette who was running around a tree when i though he was running in circles for nothing, only to spot her really late.

DbD is a surv favored mess. I experienced it starting at rank 17 and it only got worse the closer i got to rank 10 - one or two pips away i was - at which point i said:"[BAD WORD] this #########!". Now i just come here with less and less frequency.

I suspect the number of players in this game go up and down because the game goes on sale and then people figure out its bullshit. Only to have another sale that replaces those that leave. This game is pathetically small compared to lots of other games that have sold 5 million copies. Where are those 5 million people who got this? At most you have 30k playing? When i stopped it was in the 26k range and it took just about one year to go from the 6-8k when i started to the 26k when i left.

Devs stealthily put back blinding from the side back in the game it seems. How the heck were they able to flash him? He was in front of tires and in optimal position.

I have other games to play. I do not need to feel the feelings i had when i played killer. I played to have fun. Not to go through the ######### that most killers do on a daily basis. [BAD WORD] that. I want to make it to 80 and not die of a heart attack. I am nearly 50 now.

I did not see too many mistakes. A few bad swings is all i saw but that ######### happens. Mistake was not camping those shits to death when he had the chance or not even accepting the lobby in the first place.

Survs have more lives than cats.

You did the mistake to rank up. In DBD it actually hurts you when you rank up, there are no rewards for it btw.
    I know its a strange feeling because we are used to other competitive games like MOBAS or shooters where you strive to reach higher in rank such that mates get better, games are more fun and challenging and you get these juicy rewards after the season.

In DBD there is none, you need to get rid of that attitude to rank up. Actually derank if you stop having fun. inthe current state of DBD you can either farm BP to be prepared once (if at all) the game becomes competitive or you have fun. Both should be done against "newbies" if you want to keep your sanity

• only1biggs

@Master said:

@only1biggs said:

@Master said:

@only1biggs said:

@Doom_Punk said:

I cant find such a game, you claimed it, now prove it lol

I claimed that flashlights can be played around. Which they can.

Now, tell me exactly what you want to see? I'll search and find something for you.

• only1biggs

@Master ...You can have this for right now.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PlainFunnyGiraffeDxCat