Was Kate possessed by The Entity?

Options
Salty_Pearl
Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367
edited July 2018 in Lore

This is a part of Kate's bio,

She picked up her guitar and played, her fingers dancing across the fretboard. The music that she made this time was unlike her usual uplifting tunes, being much more melancholy, even dark. Still, something compelled her to continue, to finish the song.
Does this mean that the Entity possessed Kate in order to summon it? After she finished the song, she clearly snapped out of it because when the Entity tried to grab her she fought back. This also makes me wonder if the other survivors fought back as well.

Comments

• Oink_Oink
    Oink_Oink Member Posts: 79
    Options

i think she just got grabed by it like everyone else.she fought back because she wasen't dying like bill for example.

• MercySpectra
    MercySpectra Member Posts: 11
    Options
    I thought  that the entity just knocked them out and they woke up in the realm. Maybe they went to sleep and just woke up in the Entity's realm.
  • Salty_Pearl
    Options

@WhateverIGuess said:
    I think the song she played was the survivor theme you hear when you choose "Play as Survivor".

That part is really cool because it went in detail as to how she got into the Entity's realm. Others have just like "they disappeared deep in the woods and no one saw them again." type of bio. It'd be nice if the devs rewrote some bios and made them more interesting like Kate's. What happened, what caused the entity to consume Claudette / Meg / Jake / Dwight, did they fight back like Kate or tried to run? Or maybe blindlessly stepped into the Entity's trap?

Yeah, Feng's bio doesn't even say how she got into the Entity's realm. She was just drunk and passed out. Usually survivors are taken when they are in the forest and I highly doubt there's a bar in the middle of the woods.

• ryosan
    ryosan Member Posts: 9
    Options

I think that she was inspired by the Entity is more likely. As the realms were melding, the Entity was strengthened by the music and Kate was distracted by It's influence. And her fighting back is specifically a reference to her perk Boiling Over in my opinion.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@Salty_Pearl said:
    This is a part of Kate's bio,

She picked up her guitar and played, her fingers dancing across the fretboard. The music that she made this time was unlike her usual uplifting tunes, being much more melancholy, even dark. Still, something compelled her to continue, to finish the song.
    Does this mean that the Entity possessed Kate in order to summon it? After she finished the song, she clearly snapped out of it because when the Entity tried to grab her she fought back. This also makes me wonder if the other survivors fought back as well.

If you heard her scream during the PTB I would say without a doubt she was possessed. Nothing natural can scream like that.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited July 2018
    Options

I think the song she played was the survivor theme you hear when you choose "Play as Survivor".

That part is really cool because it went in detail as to how she got into the Entity's realm. Others have just like "they disappeared deep in the woods and no one saw them again." type of bio. It'd be nice if the devs rewrote some bios and made them more interesting like Kate's. What happened, what caused the entity to consume Claudette / Meg / Jake / Dwight, did they fight back like Kate or tried to run? Or maybe blindlessly stepped into the Entity's trap?

What I don't get is everyone had something bad happening with their life or at they were flawed when The Entity took them which is why I assume that the entity needed.

Claudette- was a shut in and an introvert

Meg- throws away future to look after her ill mother

Jake- rejected his family and was a wild child

Dwight - was a spineless wimp who was everyone's doormat

Nea- a troublemaker and a rebel

Laurie-  hounded by an obsessed murderer

Ace- was in debt and had people out for him

Min- depression, anxiety, low self-worth and used alcohol to get away from it.

David K- your overall douchebag

Quintin- hounded by a dream demon who left him sleep deprived and full of hatred

David T- obsessed detective

Then you have Kate who really didn't have anything wrong or bad happened with her or any noticeable faults. She was literally the definition of wrong place wrong time.
  • Salty_Pearl
    Options

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    WhateverIGuess said:

What I don't get is everyone had something bad happening with their life or at they were flawed when The Entity took them which is why I assume that the entity needed.

Quintin- hounded by a dream demon who left him sleep deprived and full of hatred

Then you have Kate who really didn't have anything wrong or bad happened with her or any noticeable faults. She was literally the definition of wrong place wrong time.

But Claudette and Meg didn't do anything bad. Meg literally gave away her entire future to help her mom and Claudette was just shy. I can understand the others, but I don't get those two.

• Volfawott
    Options

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    WhateverIGuess said:

But Claudette and Meg didn't do anything bad. Meg literally gave away her entire future to help her mom and Claudette was just shy. I can understand the others, but I don't get those two.

With Meg bad things happen to her which caused her to abandon a hopeful future as for Claudette being a shut in and an introvert are considered very negative qualities same with how Dwight didn't do anything bad he just had negative qualities

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Aari_Piggy66 said:

Do you know how killers and realms for the game were choosen? All of the killers did something terrible and cruel. After this they were choosen, possessed and tranfered in Entity's realm. Same thing goes for locations in the game - if you look through all of them - something terrible (realted to killer) happened there. So, here a simple answer, for the question "What all survivors have in common, how they were choosen?". Somehow they walked into one of the locations, related to killer (IRL), then they got tranfered to exact same copy of this place in Entity realm. BTW, all of this is obvious, if you read Benedict diary. You can do it here, btw.
    http://archive.deadbydaylight.com/manual/lore/

• Rattman
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Salty_Pearl said:
    Does this mean that the Entity possessed Kate in order to summon it?

Say this again, but slow. How unsummoned Entity would possess Kate?

• Volfawott
    Options
    Rattman said:

@Aari_Piggy66 said:

Do you know how killers and realms for the game were choosen? All of the killers did something terrible and cruel. After this they were choosen, possessed and tranfered in Entity's realm. Same thing goes for locations in the game - if you look through all of them - something terrible (realted to killer) happened there. So, here a simple answer, for the question "What all survivors have in common, how they were choosen?". Somehow they walked into one of the locations, related to killer (IRL), then they got tranfered to exact same copy of this place in Entity realm. BTW, all of this is obvious, if you read Benedict diary. You can do it here, btw.
    http://archive.deadbydaylight.com/manual/lore/

David and Min definitely don't enter a place related to any killer.
    Same with the original four and kate.
    The only people we know who enter one of the locations are Nea, Quintin and Tapp

• Rattman
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Aari_Piggy66 said:

David and Min definitely don't enter a place related to any killer.
    Same with the original four and kate.
    The only people we know who enter one of the locations are Nea, Quintin and Tapp

David King's, lore doesn't say anything otherwise either. You can't say for sure.
    Feng Min at some point lost her control over reality. Its says that she started to wake up in different places, so we don't really know which places she visited at her path of self-destruction.
    Original four and Kate disappeared in the forest, as lore says. There is a forest around Macmillan Estate - the shelter woods. And also there is Red Forest.

• Plippy
    Plippy Member Posts: 187
    Options

Ok, kind of related to this thread. I have a little personal fan theory I like.

Assuming people get grabbed for a reason and not just because they were in an area where the Entity could break through and the lore does say everyone easily likes her and she lifts everyone's spirits.

Kinda think she's there to keep people hopeful and fattening the food for the Entity.

That's where my brain went anywho.

• Salty_Pearl
    Options

@Plippy said:
    Ok, kind of related to this thread. I have a little personal fan theory I like.

Assuming people get grabbed for a reason and not just because they were in an area where the Entity could break through and the lore does say everyone easily likes her and she lifts everyone's spirits.

Kinda think she's there to keep people hopeful and fattening the food for the Entity.

That's where my brain went anywho.

You're right, maybe that's why she was chosen. The Entity could've seen the power of her songs and thought she would give hope to the others. Nice theory!